Radio listeners 179+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Will Scott Brown ever produce again?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
rafferty The guy has produced more quality Hardcore than just about anyone in the entire hardcore scene. That is including the Netherlands, not just the UK.
The big question is, will he ever get back in the studio & treat us all to some new bangers? If so when? Even some collabs would be good.

His last batch of his own tracks seemed to be back in 2018 and there was loads of quality even then. Tracks like Energized, Make you scream, Fight for you etc.. which I still listen to often.

So Scott if you read this, it really would be good if you got back in the studio bruv:)
Anyone out there know what the story is?
Samination If he gets more airtime on Sharkey's Bonkers radio, he might get interested again. His mix on Hardcore Heaven didn't really feel like it was really his and that he was mandated to sound the same as others.
kazukism92 Making a big resume

- Has released a track in OneSeventy with Technikore & JTS.
- Done a Mix CD with the guys from Scarred Digital and Future State Music.
- And done a brand new track for the Hardcore Uproar.

He is still releasing best of stuff, the lastest one was the Lockdown mix.
LeVzi I wouldn't be surprised if he's burnt out, he's been producing for 30 years now, and at some point you need to stop.

He's an intelligent guy and knows that the UK scene is small now and if he spends hours upon hours in his studio making music that is going to gross tiny numbers, is it worth it ?

DJ appearances and best of mixes probably get him more revenue.

I'm surprised he stopped the Dutch style hardcore production tbh, because there's a way bigger market there for his stuff. He's done classic tracks like Sonic Boomstick and Juggernaut etc.

I hope he comes back, there's a lot of pressure on him to "save" hardcore. tbh I think it's beyond saving and he just should have fun with it.

But what do I know, Scott Brown is Scott Brown, and he's a legend of our scene, and i'll always be thankful for the tracks he's brought us. I was listening to Heavens Gate yesterday in the car and I just hear pure musical bliss tbh.
Mickey Init I keep finding absolute banging tunes from the 90s that I didn't know about or missed first time around and, lo and behold, they turn out to be Scott Brown tunes.
Alex Threat I hope he does start producing again, but I would be surprised if he does. As stated, he mainly plays out classics sets now anyway, which are always great to see!
trippnface Everyone just rewind and start making music for kniteforce.

Problem solved.

The future of hardcore lies in it's past.
rafferty
quote:
Originally posted by LeVzi:
I wouldn't be surprised if he's burnt out, he's been producing for 30 years now, and at some point you need to stop.

He's an intelligent guy and knows that the UK scene is small now and if he spends hours upon hours in his studio making music that is going to gross tiny numbers, is it worth it ?

DJ appearances and best of mixes probably get him more revenue.

I'm surprised he stopped the Dutch style hardcore production tbh, because there's a way bigger market there for his stuff. He's done classic tracks like Sonic Boomstick and Juggernaut etc.

I hope he comes back, there's a lot of pressure on him to "save" hardcore. tbh I think it's beyond saving and he just should have fun with it.

But what do I know, Scott Brown is Scott Brown, and he's a legend of our scene, and i'll always be thankful for the tracks he's brought us. I was listening to Heavens Gate yesterday in the car and I just hear pure musical bliss tbh.

Yeah that's true about the Netherlands. Their Hardcore scene is absolutely thriving. They had massive turnouts at Thunderdomes & events similar.
He would probably make good coin if he took Evolution records in a more Dutch/European direction. Stuff like Uptempo & Frenchcore etc.
rafferty
quote:
Originally posted by kazukism92:
Making a big resume

- Has released a track in OneSeventy with Technikore & JTS.
- Done a Mix CD with the guys from Scarred Digital and Future State Music.
- And done a brand new track for the Hardcore Uproar.

He is still releasing best of stuff, the lastest one was the Lockdown mix.

Would you happen to know the name of that New track he did for Uproar? Interested to hear it. Cheers.
rafferty
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
Everyone just rewind and start making music for kniteforce.

Problem solved.

Man that would be unreal if he released a few vinyls on Kniteforce.
LeVzi
quote:

Problem solved.

I dont agree with this. I think that style of hardcore would be less popular now than it was back then.

Back then it was fresh.

Now it's just a bunch of purists trying to relive the past.

But each to their own.
Samination I doubt Scott Brown would really sign to Kniteforce. I'm sure he'd still make an odd release or remix for the label, but Kniteforce has never been his kind of sound.
The drunken scotsman He has taken several breaks from producing over the years and always came back strong. This time is probably different though and barring a miracle turnaround for the music he probably wont bother. He has such a massive back catalogue of classics that he can dine out on and make a decent enough living for as long as he wants.

In a nutshell, Scott brown can do whatever the **** he wants to. He has well and truly earned his stripes.
rafferty
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
I doubt Scott Brown would really sign to Kniteforce. I'm sure he'd still make an odd release or remix for the label, but Kniteforce has never been his kind of sound.

Yeah your right, Kniteforce is mostly a much older sound.
rafferty
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
He has taken several breaks from producing over the years and always came back strong. This time is probably different though and barring a miracle turnaround for the music he probably wont bother. He has such a massive back catalogue of classics that he can dine out on and make a decent enough living for as long as he wants.

In a nutshell, Scott brown can do whatever the **** he wants to. He has well and truly earned his stripes.

What if you shouted him a few Pints, would he change his mind?:)
Samination Considering he has no problems visiting small club raves with maybe only 200 people, maybe a pint or four is all he needs :D
trippnface
quote:
quote:

Problem solved.

I dont agree with this. I think that style of hardcore would be less popular now than it was back then.

Back then it was fresh.

But each to their own.

still be better & more popular than 85% of the shit that comes our way these days.

As an added bonus, we would be guaranteed to not have to hear ******** dubstep, or whiny scratchy hardstyle sounds in every track anymore.

I mean, look at the reception this track got. Modern hardcore just simply doesn't get this kind of love.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzrGKplWG7E
Samination if I were to be honest, I'm able to take an hour of the newest stuff than I can take an hour of oldskool/jungle.
LeVzi
quote:
quote:
quote:

Problem solved.

Back then it was fresh.

But each to their own.

still be better & more popular than 85% of the shit that comes our way these days.

As an added bonus, we would be guaranteed to not have to hear ******** dubstep, or whiny scratchy hardstyle sounds in every track anymore.

I mean, look at the reception this track got. Modern hardcore just simply doesn't get this kind of love.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzrGKplWG7E

I haven't listened to anything other than that bouncy techno stuff that came from Lethal Theory which was really cool.

I like dubstep and hardstyle and tbh I like most styles of music, but when I listen to that track you posted, I just think, yeah done that , it sounds like a carbon copy of a old track , just stuff moved around.

Now there's nothing wrong with that, don't think i'm saying its bad, but for people who know, we've been there and its done. But for youngsters who never experienced that style, it would be fresh for them, and will spawn a bunch of remasters and remixes.

For me, I find that boring, but then I have moved away from hardcore completely, including the gabber, I simply just don't listen to it at all now. (Apart from in my car, cos the radio's ****ed and I gotta listen to old CD's lol)
Icewind Last track I heard that blew me away was Scott Brown - Go!

I hope he comes back to producing too, but I agree with the sentiment that he has earned his reputation. I can't count how many tracks he's actually produced over the years, but I know it's a shit ton.

LeVzi Whatever comes or doesnt come , Scott Brown will always be the best producer we've had over the last 30 years.

He's transcended 2 maybe 3 era's in Hardcore and excelled in them all. I don't know many who can claim that.

Conviction I spoke to him on Twitter a few weeks ago and he said there IS new music coming soon, said he's got his groove back. Being unable to perform in front of people got him a bit stuck.

So definitely look out for new stuff.
Impulse_Response It makes me wonder what kinds of day jobs hardcore producers have. Or do many of them support themselves just off the music?
Conviction
quote:
Originally posted by Impulse_Response:
It makes me wonder what kinds of day jobs hardcore producers have. Or do many of them support themselves just off the music?

I think doing gigs is where all the money comes from.

It took 1.48 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page