Printer friendly
Page: 
of 10

Author Thread  
Heist
Advanced Member

Australia
706 posts
Posted - 2001/09/10 :  10:09:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Heist's homepage  Reply with quote
Does it have to be mixed on decks or can we use cds+mp3s?

www.mp3.com/djheist

WWW.VOIDDJ.COM

Mixes, Original Tracks & Remixes, Hardcore Event/Music Reviews, Pics and more...

Alert moderator Go to top of page
silver
Admin

Japan
12,548 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2001/09/10 :  21:39:28  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage  Reply with quote
You can use decks or CD players (or both) but you can't use MP3's.

invader
Average Member

United Kingdom
243 posts
invader is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2001/09/16 :  11:18:34  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit invader's homepage  Reply with quote
Hi there
Just wondered a few things.

1) I have my mix encoded as an mp3, but where do I upload it to, or who do I send it to?
2) It is only approx 23 mins long. Is that OK?
3) Is the competition anonymous? Or do we have to include our DJ names/contact with the mix?

Thanks!!

Hecttech Records
http://www.hecttechrecords.co.uk

silver
Admin

Japan
12,548 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2001/09/16 :  21:51:11  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage  Reply with quote
invader: the form will be up later today / tonight. Anything under 30 mins is fine.

silver
Admin

Japan
12,548 posts

894 hardcore releases
Posted - 2001/09/17 :  04:40:58  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage  Reply with quote
It's the 16th and the form is online!

http://www.happyhardcore.com/competitions/2001.08.asp

invader
Average Member

United Kingdom
243 posts
invader is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2001/09/17 :  12:59:21  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit invader's homepage  Reply with quote
Cool - just gonna upload my mix now!!

Many thanks.

Hecttech Records
http://www.hecttechrecords.co.uk

silver
Admin

Japan
12,548 posts

894 hardcore releases
Posted - 2001/09/17 :  21:15:25  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage  Reply with quote
Just out of interest how many people plan on entering the compo?

dj-efeks

Australia
298 posts
Posted - 2001/09/17 :  22:56:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
*raises hand* yah i am =)

...we were taught to believe, that everyone was created equal in the masterplan...

silver
Admin

Japan
12,548 posts

894 hardcore releases
Posted - 2001/09/18 :  01:03:44  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage  Reply with quote
Everyone might have a good chance at winning something, we have at the moment 3 valid entries and 1 invalid entry :( (mix was 40 mins)

MC RizlaDizla
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,056 posts
MC RizlaDizla is verified hardcore artist MC RizlaDizla has attended 20 events
Posted - 2001/09/18 :  04:04:36  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit MC RizlaDizla's homepage  Reply with quote
My m8s on holiday in crete right now. He wont be back until the 28th of Sept. Could I get one of his mix tapes, and cut 30 mins out of it and enter, as he never knew about this comp b4 he went abroad.

"Oh my goodness, Oh my Gosh. Here we go with a badboy rush".

silver
Admin

Japan
12,548 posts

894 hardcore releases
Posted - 2001/09/18 :  05:56:23  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage  Reply with quote
That would be cheating.

MC RizlaDizla
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,056 posts
MC RizlaDizla is verified hardcore artist MC RizlaDizla has attended 20 events
Posted - 2001/09/18 :  06:01:22  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit MC RizlaDizla's homepage  Reply with quote
No I will enter the comp with my own mix, but if he would of known about this comp he would have made a 30 min tape b4 he went on holiday. So could I get a tape with one of his mixes and just upload 30 mins of it, so he can take part.

"Oh my goodness, Oh my Gosh. Here we go with a badboy rush".

Dj Pixel

United States
67 posts
Posted - 2001/09/18 :  11:50:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Ok, I'm sure this sounds dumb. But what program do I use to encode my mix into MP3. All of my programs ask what bitrate, not if i want 56k mono. Any ideas?

-Pixel-

-Pixel-

seand
Starting Member

9 posts
Posted - 2001/09/18 :  16:37:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
well i have two programs I prefer to use for different encoding purposes...

for the purpose of this, you may find it easier to utilize soundforge5...its got a great encoding function...does a clean job, and somewhat quick....another suggestion is cooledit2000...it uses fraunhofer technology which makes really smooth mp3s...

both have convert to mono and encode to 56k with diff Hz...oodles of options....

hope that helped :) for soundforge check out sonicfoundry's site and for cooledit check out syntrilium's...

happy mixing!

cucumber
unaccountably
cucumbering
-Paul Reps

-Paul Reps

silver
Admin

Japan
12,548 posts

894 hardcore releases
Posted - 2001/09/18 :  21:58:21  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage  Reply with quote
I use CoolEdit 2000 myself, it's easy and it's cheap (I'm a beta tester actually). Download a trial version from http://www.syntrillium.com/cooledit/index.html

If you want to save to 56K Mono, load your sound file into the Cool Edit 2000 and press Save As, change the type to MPEG 3 and then press Options, on the second drop down menu there will be a range of sample and bit rates, change it too 56K, 22050 Hz, Mono. Click ok and then save the file.

Your ready to go.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 10 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.7 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page