Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 General discussion
 What?!?!!?
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Midway_raver
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,032 posts
Midway_raver has attended 2 events
Posted - 2001/12/29 :  10:50:10  Show profile Send a private message
The state of the scene in the UK is this (and has been this for a couple of years) Happy Hardcore music is **** all to do with what our scene is about, it's a farce , a joke that has gone on far too long and should be stopped now. The music is only one step away from AQUA / 2 UNLIMITED and what most of the producers want is chart recognition so they can go out and buy a bigger gold bracelet/car.
Any older crowds have long since lost interest and quit going out, hopefully thanks to people trying to do something different (RAMOS, SHARKEY, BUNTER) there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I'm not saying the whole scene should be Techno, far from it. But it definitely should be less Happy shite and more Hardcore(in what ever form).
At the end of the day, I spent a lot of time last year worrying about what other people were doing and it ****ed my head up, so this year **** em' all... . I'm just gonna' concentrate on what I believe in and let nature let run its course. " That a quote from an interview with dj clarkee..I wonder if he was saying that back in 96 when he wa splaying alongsid ehappy hardcore dj's?

Ant B

Alert moderator
DJ Pathfinder
Advanced Member

Netherlands
1,676 posts

51 hardcore releases
Posted - 2001/12/29 :  11:37:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Pathfinder's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Midway_raver:

The state of the scene in the UK is this (and has been this for a couple of years) Happy Hardcore music is **** all to do with what our scene is about, it's a farce , a joke that has gone on far too long and should be stopped now. The music is only one step away from AQUA / 2 UNLIMITED and what most of the producers want is chart recognition so they can go out and buy a bigger gold bracelet/car.
Any older crowds have long since lost interest and quit going out, hopefully thanks to people trying to do something different (RAMOS, SHARKEY, BUNTER) there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I'm not saying the whole scene should be Techno, far from it. But it definitely should be less Happy shite and more Hardcore(in what ever form).
At the end of the day, I spent a lot of time last year worrying about what other people were doing and it ****ed my head up, so this year **** em' all... . I'm just gonna' concentrate on what I believe in and let nature let run its course. " That a quote from an interview with dj clarkee..I wonder if he was saying that back in 96 when he wa splaying alongsid ehappy hardcore dj's?

Ant B

gosh i thought it was your opinion.

You can't see me,because i am the future.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Heist
Advanced Member

Australia
706 posts
Posted - 2001/12/29 :  23:09:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Heist's homepage
The scene is being revitalised of late with gabber being more danceable, happy being more tranceable and drum and bass influence making itself heard. Not to mention Kniteforce's resurgence into popularity. Its a good time for hardcore at the moment, the doubtfull days of 1998/1999 are well over. Lets be positive and nurture the scene which is finally regrowing again......I mean I dont like the trancy hardcore thats coming out but as long as it gets everyone money to do better things then we dont have to worry about all prodcuers jumping overboard on our hardcore vessel. An oldskool comeback is just around the corner in regards to the drum and bass side of things so we can only hope for a union of some sorts between new hardcore and classic sounds of old.

Those who believe in hardcore will be rewarded, dont give up!

www.mp3.com/djheist

WWW.VOIDDJ.COM

Mixes, Original Tracks & Remixes, Hardcore Event/Music Reviews, Pics and more...

Alert moderator Go to top of page

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.86 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page