Total online 1455
 Radio listeners 166+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Nik y didnt u tell us about flip n fill?
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
sammypoohuk

United Kingdom
387 posts

6 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/01/29 :  08:13:16  Show profile Send a private message  Visit sammypoohuk's homepage
Well i bought the new single cos i saw it had shooting star on it!! Yes it is the Bang! one!!!! God nik y didnt u tell us!!!!!!?

SaMmY

Alert moderator
DJ Mouse
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,687 posts
DJ Mouse has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/01/29 :  13:50:59  Show profile  Send a private message
by any chance does the cd have that bootleg on it? it's those vocals over rank 1 - airwave

--------------------------------------------------
DJ Mouse In Da House!!!
http://clubstation.esmartmusic.com

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - DJ Mouse on 2002/01/29 13:52:17
silver
Admin

Japan
12,549 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2002/01/29 :  16:12:00  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
it's a different singer...

----------------------------------
you, me and hardcore forever.

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2002/01/30 :  08:20:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage
Let me get this straight, the CD Single thing in the States has one of the HARDCORE mixes of Shooting Star on?

Or is it the.... *shudders* Pop Mix? :)

D.Jay

"Some people see things as they are... and say "Why?"
I dream things that never were, and say "Why Not?" "

silver
Admin

Japan
12,549 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2002/01/30 :  15:54:04  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
There is a US single release with a hardcore version on it?

----------------------------------
you, me and hardcore forever.

Midway_raver
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,032 posts
Midway_raver has attended 2 events
Posted - 2002/01/31 :  09:00:35  Show profile  Send a private message
**shudders very very very violently while having a fit ** POP version as in britney spears esque pop version..........Find me the man behind this crime( n if its by sum chance Nick , what were u thinking):P what version are there of shootuing star i know theres lotta hardcore ones but theres a trance one aint they herd that, hard hous eon i think, happy hardcore ( obviously original and best) pop version anymore? Like sum fcuked up house version or ote?

go too the flow where the E wil rush me ooooooohhh Rush me.....e rush me...go to the flow where the e will rush me..rush me nicely.

Nick of Blaze!
Average Member

United Kingdom
196 posts
Nick of Blaze! is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2002/01/31 :  11:49:51  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Nick of Blaze!'s homepage
OK... let me nip this in the bud straight away.

Firstly, you have to understand there are two things here.

1) Shooting Star, the Bang! Version we all know,

2) Shooting Star, The Song.

As a song, with lyrics, chords and melodies, it will travel to almost ANY genre of music. Hardcore was the first, but it isnt the last.

I wrote the song and the original version myself, music, lyrics, melodies, everything, in other words, the mixes you hear (Hams mixes, Brisks mixes...you know...all of them) are remixes or cover versions. Much the same as "Unchained Melody" has been covered by dozens of Artists, with different renditions, styles, adaptations etc, this is the same as Shooting Star.

In the UK, we have a Royalty Collection agency called the Mechanical Copyright Protection Society (MCPS - www.mcps.co.uk). I have an agreement with them that if someone wishes to create a new version of my song "Shooting Star" (or ANY of my songs for that matter) they can issue a LICENCE for that person to do that.

This is the agreement I have with them.

Consequently, Flip & Fill and their record company decided to cover my song "Shooting Star", so they contacted the MCPS and paid the money, and got the licence. They then recreated my original song using their production and vocalist.

Because I have given the MCPS authority to do this (and thousands of writers do this as well), they can issue these licenses without telling me personally, or getting my permission. Therefore, as with Flip & Fill's version, I only heard about it from a Member of my music website. He told me there was this trance mix floating around and I found a demo file on the web.

So, I never knew anything about it until then.

I don't have much say over this situation, UNLESS there are moral issues such as my song being used to support bloodsports or something like that (which I vehemently detest). In that case I have a case to say, No, you cannot use my song.

You will no doubt hear many cover versions of Shooting Star over the years. They will pop up because just like (most of) us, an artist somewhere loves the song, and reckon it's worthy of covering.

As a songwriter, this is a compliment to have a song covered, but, as always, my songs start in this scene first, unless I know they DEFINATELY aren't hardcore.

I hope everyone understands this, it's a bit "music bizz" but that's how it works. "Shooting Star" will always be hardcore, but because it's a song, it can travel almost anywhere.

Cheers guys

Nick.

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.92 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page