Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 hixxy and menis, audio
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
95_was_the_time
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,285 posts
Posted - 2005/11/25 :  12:45:00  Show profile Send a private message View the linked resource
heard them both and it's like a proper thumbs down, this could of easily been made in 2003... why isn't hixxy and co pushing boundrys, trying news sounds & structures...

basically, past its sell by date. it's nearly 06 ffs

Alert moderator
bulby_g
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,205 posts

430 hardcore releases
bulby_g has attended 55 events
Posted - 2005/11/25 :  13:11:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit bulby_g's homepage
There Uplift & Stargazer Remix's of old Hixxy and Menis tracks. You've changed your tune, before you were moaning that all songs should sound the same as they did in 95 ;)

Havn't had a chance to listen myself, soon as I do I will edit my post.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2005/11/25 :  13:38:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage
Make your mind up.

What do you want, new sounds or the revival of old ones?

I'm a big fan of the Raw Elements sound, nothing wrong with the remixes imo. I thought you'd appreciate the old skool riffs in the tunes.

Edited by - djDMS on 2005/11/25 13:43:18
Chris B
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,964 posts
Chris B has attended 30 events
Posted - 2005/11/25 :  16:19:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Chris B's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
I'm a big fan of the Raw Elements sound, nothing wrong with the remixes imo. I thought you'd appreciate the old skool riffs in the tunes.

definitely mate uplift's put a lot of effort in over a lotta years and his productions top, always plays entertaining sets and is a sound guy.

95's a cock and i'm actually really glad he never got to experience the legendary events from bck in day as he'd probably have found somethin wrong with them aswell, stay in your little dreamworld of the old days you never experienced mate hope it's an exciting life for you.

whittle1
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,191 posts

25 hardcore releases
whittle1 has donated money to the site whittle1 has attended 15 events
Posted - 2005/11/25 :  17:10:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit whittle1's homepage
I must disagree there with you 95_was_the_time, well with one of the remixes, because i really like the remix of only time so it's a thumbs up from moi!

95_was_the_time
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,285 posts
Posted - 2005/11/25 :  17:24:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit 95_was_the_time's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Baldo:
95's a cock and i'm actually really glad he never got to experience the legendary events from bck in day as he'd probably have found somethin wrong with them aswell, stay in your little dreamworld of the old days you never experienced mate hope it's an exciting life for you.

wow! you're a friendly chap!

Chris B
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,964 posts
Chris B has attended 30 events
Posted - 2005/11/25 :  18:24:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Chris B's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by 95_was_the_time:
quote:
Originally posted by Baldo:

wow! you're a friendly chap!

And? How friendly is it you constantly slating peoples hard work, i dont like plenty of stuff but when do you see me making a thread purely to put down what someone has done.

I no uplift, not really well or anything but he's a sound lad, always comes for a chat at events and had a quality night round his and theres no arrogance/bigheadedness about him. He's put loadsa effort into his dj'ing, production, label etc for years right through when hardcore had it's quiet patch, signed my mate Dave to their label aswell who was unheard of before that. Who the f**k are you to criticise him from your bedroom doin jack shit but moan?

So thats why i said what i said and i stand by it either put up your immense tunes that will lead the way or shut up about stuff you no nothin about.

Edited by - Chris B on 2005/11/26 00:36:20
djpeggy

United Kingdom
294 posts

171 hardcore releases
Posted - 2005/11/26 :  17:16:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djpeggy's homepage
quote:
heard them both and it's like a proper thumbs down, this could of easily been made in 2003... why isn't hixxy and co pushing boundrys, trying news sounds & structures...

If Hixxy's got anything to do with it they probably were made in 2003 and he's just got round to releasing them like anything else. LOL!

Evel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
604 posts
Posted - 2005/11/26 :  21:17:01  Show profile  Send a private message
Its a track fit for the clubs, maybe Hard Trance but I wouldn't call it Hardcore if I heard it on a random site. And as per usal I agree with 95 was the time's veiws, Hardcore producers need to try new things, maybe bring back old 95 beats and mix it with something new? Coz I can't see Hardcore being that popular in two years time if it sounds the same it did two years ago. Old skool went out and so will the new skool.

What ever happens next I just hope they use 95 beats

Uproar
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,644 posts
Posted - 2005/11/26 :  21:44:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Uproar's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by djpeggy:
If Hixxy's got anything to do with it they probably were made in 2003 and he's just got round to releasing them like anything else. LOL!

You're probably right mate! lol

mark-ireland
Advanced Member

Ireland
1,667 posts

17 hardcore releases
mark-ireland has attended 4 events
Posted - 2005/11/26 :  22:59:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit mark-ireland's homepage
I like them, the only time remix is better then the original imo. Good mixes can't fault them.

http://downloads.imorecords.com/label/?id=270

http://www.irishclubbing.net

whittle1
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,191 posts

25 hardcore releases
whittle1 has donated money to the site whittle1 has attended 15 events
Posted - 2005/11/26 :  23:49:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit whittle1's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by mark-ireland:
I like them, the only time remix is better then the original imo. Good mixes can't fault them.

Very sensible comment there mate!

jenks
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,682 posts

19 hardcore releases
jenks has attended 1 event
Posted - 2005/11/27 :  02:57:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit jenks's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by djpeggy:
quote:

Are you two daft? They almost definitly where made ages ago (about 2003), that remix of 'Only Time' was on HTID 1!

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2005/11/27 :  12:56:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage
Evel.

Please tell me aout these amazing 1995 beats you speak so highly of.

Evel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
604 posts
Posted - 2005/11/27 :  16:16:13  Show profile  Send a private message
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
Evel.

Please tell me aout these amazing 1995 beats you speak so highly of.

I wanna be a hippie by Technohead and Don't leave me alone by Paul Elstak are good examples. I like most of the beats used in Happy Hardcore from 1994 to abput 1997 but those are two 1995 tracks with 'beats' that make it hardcore.

SixFeet
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,285 posts
Posted - 2005/11/27 :  18:00:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit SixFeet's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Evel:
Hardcore producers need to try new things, maybe bring back old 95 beats and mix it with something new?

you say they should try new things but then want songs sounding similar to stuff used a decade ago.

NEWS FLASH!

that isn't trying new things that is just rehashing old stuff

however i do totally agree with you that they need to try new things, the bigger artists are producing things all sounding the same as their last productions as they sell but people will get sick of the sound sooner or later and leave

EDIT: forgot to add, i don't want new stuff sounding like old skool, i hate old skool stuff. let the past rest. everything should move forward not backwards, we want progression not degression. secondly baldo, i do believe that qualifies as pwnage, congratulations

Edited by - SixFeet on 2005/11/27 18:04:10

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 2.09 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page