Printer friendly
Page: 
of 6

Author Thread  
Capt.Neon-Coeval
Average Member

United States
187 posts
Posted - 2006/11/21 :  08:31:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Capt.Neon-Coeval's homepage  Reply with quote
wow this sucks that all these cds are import for me and my mom wont order out of country its a bummer cause i want this cd and hardcore nation 3

--------------------------------
If we shadows have ofended,
Think but this and all is mended.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Dain-Ja
Advanced Member

Canada
1,983 posts
Dain-Ja has attended 11 events
Posted - 2006/11/21 :  16:32:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dain-Ja's homepage  Reply with quote
you can still get it

go to your local HMV with the catalog number for the CD, they can order it in for you but it'll take a month

or you can find a place that accepts paypal and use your bank account to pay
or borrow a friend's credit card

Visit makemeRUSH.com for music from the ONLY North American hardcore label pressing vinyl!

FREE track every Monday: http://www.rushdeliveryrecords.com/?p=229

silver
Admin

Japan
12,547 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2006/11/22 :  08:59:07  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Capt.Neon-Coeval:
wow this sucks that all these cds are import for me and my mom wont order out of country its a bummer cause i want this cd and hardcore nation 3

Amazon.com (USA) are selling it:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000IY03E6/neonflux

bulby_g
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,205 posts

430 hardcore releases
bulby_g has attended 55 events
Posted - 2006/11/22 :  09:57:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit bulby_g's homepage  Reply with quote
It's OK... Listened to my (now x) girlfriends copy a couple of times and decided not to bother purchasing as it's nothing special IMO.

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2016/11/04 :  16:05:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote

This album is an absolute classic. I've been listening to it today. I bought it when it was released but that was a few years before I joined the forums (or even knew there was like online world of nutcase fans I could have shared my appreciate with).

Such a strong album. Real quality throughout the whole thing. Sy & Unknown, Doogs and Gams, Brisk and Ham. What a fcuking line up that is. Imagine if this came out in 2016.

Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,480 posts
Posted - 2016/11/04 :  16:11:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:

This album is an absolute classic. I've been listening to it today. I bought it when it was released but that was a few years before I joined the forums (or even knew there was like online world of nutcase fans I could have shared my appreciate with).

Such a strong album. Real quality throughout the whole thing. Sy & Unknown, Doogs and Gams, Brisk and Ham. What a fcuking line up that is. Imagine if this came out in 2016.

I was about to say, are we in 2016 or 2006?

I myself am leaning towards Hard House at the moment and actually have a Frantic Euphoria compilation somewhere.

Bu for Hardcore Euphoria, wasn't this the one with the remix of Eurolove on it? Because if so, that is hell of a tune!

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2016/11/04 :  16:13:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
I love this album too, proper awesome.

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2016/11/04 :  22:55:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
Definately top 3 compilations of all time and possibly a good contender for #1 against HU4.

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2016/11/04 :  23:40:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage  Reply with quote
What a coincidence, I also found the brisk and ham cd of this compilation in the last couple of weeks. When it was released, the other 2 discs got much more airtime. But listening back... That brisk and ham cd is ****ing awesome. I didn't think it was bad at the time, i just preferred the dougal/gammer & Sy/unknown discs. Such a great time for hardcore music and a sure sign to me just how good we had it back then, when I overlooked such an amazing mix because I thought the other 2 were better.

Edited by - The drunken scotsman on 2016/11/04 23:42:58
Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,480 posts
Posted - 2016/11/05 :  10:50:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
What a coincidence, I also found the brisk and ham cd of this compilation in the last couple of weeks. When it was released, the other 2 discs got much more airtime. But listening back... That brisk and ham cd is ****ing awesome. I didn't think it was bad at the time, i just preferred the dougal/gammer & Sy/unknown discs. Such a great time for hardcore music and a sure sign to me just how good we had it back then, when I overlooked such an amazing mix because I thought the other 2 were better.

have done that a few times as well. Back when Bonkers was still big I original gave less of a listen to the Sharkey mix to eventually realise that it was the best one.

Looking back it was Sharkey who made Bonkers big as much as Bonkers helped make the Freeform sound.

Aside from Kevin Energy's mixes on Hardcore Heaven there was much less focus on Freeform than there should have been. The styles always getting the attention was the mainstream 'Upfront UK Hardcore' when really Freeform was much more Hardcore than the main stuff ever was.

GrahamC
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
589 posts
Posted - 2016/11/05 :  16:46:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit GrahamC's homepage  Reply with quote
I actually just listened to this on a flight to Seattle, I originally only liked the B&H mix which I thought was stonking. I listened to D&G and the S&U mixes on the plane and they were pretty good, really enjoyed it.

I must be getting old, I find myself enjoying music from 10-20 years ago much much more than the modern stuff!

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2016/11/05 :  20:55:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage  Reply with quote
I'm guilty of that too, though I've heard some cool new Hardcore today.

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2016/11/06 :  09:04:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
I remember it dropping at around the same time as a bunch of other hardcore compilations. It was all sounding very samey and forgettable to me.

*grump*

also I like to call back to a post I made in 2005 where I said something along the lines of "we'll know hardcore has peaked when they release a "Hardcore" Euphoria.

Called it.

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2016/11/06 :  09:46:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
I remember it dropping at around the same time as a bunch of other hardcore compilations. It was all sounding very samey and forgettable to me.

*grump*

also I like to call back to a post I made in 2005 where I said something along the lines of "we'll know hardcore has peaked when they release a "Hardcore" Euphoria.

Called it.

That was what I enjoyed about those days; the sheer number of complications coming out. From memory, the mainstream compilations that came out that year were - CLXH2 and Hardcore Heaven 3 in spring time, Bonkers 16 in the summer, Hardcore Euphoria and Hardcore heaven 4 in the autumn and CLXH3 at the very end of the year. I can see your point, but what I'd give to have those days back.

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2016/11/06 :  10:36:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
There were just as many the years before, but it was around about 2006 and the end of 2006 that the stuff on the cds had gotten pretty stale for me.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 6 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.88 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page