Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 General discussion
 dj's thoughts ?
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
NightSoul
Average Member

United Kingdom
238 posts
Posted - 2002/04/14 :  18:25:39  Show profile Send a private message
as we all get tae know about one another in here by topics and posts about (like)when we all went tae out first rave and the experience we all had from it

this one is mainly for the dj's that post in www.happyhardcore.com

just wanted know what was it's like being a dj (i'm not one - but maybe one day take it up) ........(back tae the topic) ....*contin* and getting your first apointed roll in taking part in a rave ? ........spining those records for the mass!

when did you start spining, and what was your first gig, like someones party etc ?

and what it was like after your set was up, and the buzz of it ?

and any good funny momments with other dj's ?

or even some moments that you wish never happened, like while doing your set for the crown ?

whenever you look someone like me in the eyes, we demand absolute respect cause we are HARDCORE

Alert moderator
milo
Advanced Member

Canada
3,391 posts

347 hardcore releases
milo is verified hardcore artist milo has attended 89 events
Posted - 2002/04/14 :  20:38:34  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit milo's homepage
i just had my first rave gig yesterday heh =)i' ve spuno ut before, but not at a party. it was interesting to say the least, no one was tehre for my set cuz they openned the doors an hour late =( but it's a new expierience for sure. learned a few things that i need to bring some source of light to see and back up carts are always a good thing. it was fun though that's for sure =)

"It's all good..."

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Brian K
Advanced Member

United States
8,663 posts

528 hardcore releases
Brian K has attended 5 events
Posted - 2002/04/14 :  20:54:44  Show profile  Send a private message
when you say cart, i assume you mean cartridges?
if so what was wrong with the ones they had there?

"As punishment for your desertion, it's company policy to give you the plague."

Jaide

United States
306 posts
Jaide has attended 10 events
Posted - 2002/04/14 :  21:39:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Jaide's homepage
I haven't had the chance to spin a rave yet!:(...but i will be playing at my own very soon...just a lot of extremely packed house parties..where dancing was almost a problem because of the amount of people all gathered together...but it's basically the same crowd..and there was some mad head boppin goin on...heh :) I'm happy spinning anywhere though. Put me in a tiny shack or a huge open wherehouse...either way i'm gonna put all my effort into it, and it's all going to be the same exciting thrill for me :)...it's just nice knowing that people liked you enough to invite you to play for them. :) Atleast that's how I feel about it all. :)~

~.:*:.~.:*:.~.:*:.~.:*:.~

PLUR - People.Look.Ugly.Rollin :)~

I wish I had a fan club...will you be my friend? :)

~.:*:.~.:*:.~.:*:.~.:*:.~

DJ AcidBunE
Founder/Promoter of I-Jam Productions
GO GO ACID BUNNIES!!!

Dragalian

United States
306 posts

136 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/04/14 :  21:46:32  Show profile  Send a private message
I'm djing at my first big event on May 31st. I've actually djed at a club here in Sacramento last September called the Alphazone. I was totally nervous and I couldn't here a dang thing in the booth. I just wanted to run out of the place with all my records... But I've improved and I'm opening up the event playing... Progressive House. Yeah I know, all of you are saying "WTF!!?". They said that they will get me for UK Hardcore in the future.

If anyone is interested in going to my first event and live around Sacramento, here's the website: http://www.geocities.com/amoryproductions/

Liquor might be quicker, but cheezin' is pleazin'.

DJ Pathfinder
Advanced Member

Netherlands
1,676 posts

51 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/04/15 :  04:11:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Pathfinder's homepage
i was subsitute dj at the ruffneck carnage party :) in the funfactory.

only last dj in the d&B room and not more then 30 people left in the room butn ot bad because ruffneck & predator where playing in the other room.

You can't see me,because i am the future.

DJ Mouse
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,687 posts
DJ Mouse has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/04/15 :  04:46:57  Show profile  Send a private message
first gig for me was in cumbria and i was playing progressive.
at this time i had some really crap citronic decks and i'd only been spinning about 18 months,i wasn't used to 1210's which they had at the venue. before the gig we had a warm up in my mate's house and i dropped every mix on those decks. but as soon as i got out into the venue every mix was perfect. it was pretty cool.
i haven't had a chance to play hardcore anywhere yet but i'm looking to put my own hardcore night around here soon.

--------------------------------------------------
"Don't frown when someone annoys you, it uses 42 muscles. Bitch-slap the fu©ker, it only uses 4"

DJ Mouse

milo
Advanced Member

Canada
3,391 posts

347 hardcore releases
milo is verified hardcore artist milo has attended 89 events
Posted - 2002/04/15 :  06:30:40  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit milo's homepage
yah, cartriges, sorry =) the problem was that there was none =P what had happend was they needed the turntables in room 3 moved into the main room because there was a problem with those, so there was no turntables at first before someone broguht theirs. the persons whose decks they were took them off and since the sound team there didn't provide for equipment that wasn't there there were no needles on the decks =P somene finally got some there about 30 minutes after the start though, phew!

"It's all good..."

Oli G
Advanced Member

United States
1,817 posts
Oli G is verified hardcore artist Oli G has donated money to the site Oli G has attended 41 events
Posted - 2002/04/15 :  08:21:08  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Oli G's homepage
my first djin live experience was in denmark... where i played hatdrhouse... and killed the place.. danes DONT like hard music.. oh well
next was at the surgery.. where i still play... and promote... bit of a shit night... wank decks.. crap monitor.. and i was shite etc

"ENERGISE"
\o/ <o/ \o> <o> /o\ _o/ \o_

http://www.myspace.com/camelrecords

Delusion

United Kingdom
22 posts
Posted - 2002/04/15 :  08:59:49  Show profile  Send a private message
Apart from at house parties, the only time I've played out was at a private party in a club. I played some hard house/nrg stuff and i was so nervous it was untrue. Luckily though, despite the monitor speaker being completely knackered it went really well. It's such a wicked buzz to see people appreciating what you are doing up there. Especially when you're not too confident to start off with. :)

tw3ak
Starting Member

14 posts
Posted - 2002/04/20 :  06:00:51  Show profile  Send a private message
I'll let you know once ive played my first gig :)

BaDBoY

United Kingdom
114 posts
Posted - 2002/04/20 :  10:36:23  Show profile  Send a private message
I First Got Into Mixin In Early 1995 ( At Teh Tender Age Of 16! )
I Had A Really Shit Set Of Pro 150's.. And It Took Me A Few Months To get The Hang Of Beat Matching.. In 97 I Got A Break And Got A Guest Slot On A Pirate Station.. Then In 98 I got A Residency On Another Pirate Station, Later That Year I Did My First Event, It Was At The Tower Nightclub Here In Hull,
And I Was Playin The Warmup Set At En Event Called "fresh" Which Was Hardcore.. It Was Really Good Coz BillY Bunter And Rob Vanden Were The Guest Dj's At That Particular Event, And L8r On Me And Danny Went Across The Road For A Burger !

Was Good Tho !!!

And Danny Is A Really F#ckin Down to Earth Bloke
=o)

Since Then I Have Done A Few Party And The Occasional Event..
Aswell As A few More Pirate Stations !

=o)

Badboy.

Badboy.

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.44 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page