of 3

Author Thread  
djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2007/01/23 :  12:19:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
I just expected so much more mate!

The breaks CD sounded awesome to start with but after 3 or 4 listens i'm already bored with it. Loads of my favourite old skool tunes that i was really excited about hearing remixed - but the feeling didn't last!

The other 2 have some real quality tunes but there are just far too many fillers that stop it being as good as it should be. Take the best from CD's 2&3 and it'd be an excellent CD - as it is, nowhere near enough consistency for me.

Compared to the rest of the recent releases, it's the one i was most expecting to really enjoy -

Bonkers - Seen it all before
Clubland - Didn't expect much to start with
Hardcore Adrenaline - Does what it says on the tin.

Maybe i expected too much?

Alert moderator Go to top of page
dj_excy
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,995 posts

197 hardcore releases
dj_excy has donated money to the site dj_excy has attended 6 events
Posted - 2007/01/23 :  12:57:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit dj_excy's homepage  Reply with quote
just got it today and so far so good :) will let you know what i think of it when ive listened to all 3 cds :)

kathryn
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,520 posts
kathryn has attended 3 events
Posted - 2007/01/23 :  13:02:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit kathryn's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by dj_excy:
just got it today and so far so good :) will let you know what i think of it when ive listened to all 3 cds :)

Hello stranger

Hardcore4eva
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,518 posts
Hardcore4eva has donated money to the site Hardcore4eva has attended 13 events
Posted - 2007/01/23 :  13:20:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hardcore4eva's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
I just expected so much more mate!

The breaks CD sounded awesome to start with but after 3 or 4 listens i'm already bored with it. Loads of my favourite old skool tunes that i was really excited about hearing remixed - but the feeling didn't last!

The other 2 have some real quality tunes but there are just far too many fillers that stop it being as good as it should be. Take the best from CD's 2&3 and it'd be an excellent CD - as it is, nowhere near enough consistency for me.

Compared to the rest of the recent releases, it's the one i was most expecting to really enjoy -

Bonkers - Seen it all before
Clubland - Didn't expect much to start with
Hardcore Adrenaline - Does what it says on the tin.

Maybe i expected too much?

Or your just getting to old for hardcore??

Serious tho, i understand where your coming from, i wouldn't of got B.O.B if i had the full set of bonkers, really like SB mix on it tho! Wasn't to happy with Clubland either and not bothering with Hardcore Adrnaline.

dj_excy
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,995 posts

197 hardcore releases
dj_excy has donated money to the site dj_excy has attended 6 events
Posted - 2007/01/23 :  13:21:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit dj_excy's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by kathryn:
quote:
Originally posted by dj_excy:

Hello stranger

hello how are you?

clarke101
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,839 posts

185 hardcore releases
Posted - 2007/01/23 :  13:49:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit clarke101's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
Snip

Cheers for your comments mate. Just stopped me from clicking buy

Fluffbomb

United Kingdom
257 posts
Posted - 2007/01/29 :  12:54:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Fluffbomb's homepage  Reply with quote
I've borrowed this off a mate to check it out. I've got through CDs 1 & 2 so far.

Have to say I was pretty disappointed by CD1. Seemed to be lots of half a$$ed remixes of classic tracks. Think I'd rather have had either a mix of the originals or some proper Hardcore Breaks tracks.

CD2 was ok. Not really my thing but not too bad. One comment I do have though is that most of the 2nd half (and a lot played back 2 back) is made up of Hardcore versions of Big Trance tracks from a few years ago. Started getting a bit bored of them after a couple of tracks).

Not sure whether I'll get round to listening to CD3.

Later

Fluff

DJ Mole
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,505 posts
DJ Mole has attended 7 events
Posted - 2007/02/17 :  12:52:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Mole's homepage  Reply with quote
possibly the greatest compilation of last year close call between that and Euphoria, big up Ministry now send my free ****ing CD! please

Marshy88
Average Member

United Kingdom
240 posts
Posted - 2007/02/17 :  13:48:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Marshy88's homepage  Reply with quote
CD2 Is probably my favourite mix ever(apart from bonkers 15) its great my mates who are only part time hardcore listeners listein to it all the time
Fav track are Express, Inside your mind, Warehouse, Liberation, Need your emotion, Not ever yet, Everyday, Beautifull (<****in Tune) and Real world.

Edited by - Marshy88 on 2007/02/17 13:53:53
Marshy88
Average Member

United Kingdom
240 posts
Posted - 2007/02/17 :  13:54:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Marshy88's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Marshy88:
CD2 Is probably my favourite mix ever(apart from bonkers 15) its great my mates who are only part time hardcore listeners listein to it all the time
Fav track are Express, Inside your mind, Warehouse, Liberation, Need your emotion, Not over yet, Everyday, Beautifull (<****in Tune) and Real world.

The Doc
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,718 posts
The Doc has attended 1 event
Posted - 2007/02/18 :  01:28:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The Doc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
Fav track are Express, Inside your mind, Warehouse, Liberation, Need your emotion, Not over yet, Everyday, Beautifull (<****in Tune) and Real world.

you should listen to Old Skool Rewinds Vol 1! that is my favourite ALBUM ever! the mixing on that is spot on!

Hardcore_2_Da_Bone

United Kingdom
41 posts
Posted - 2007/02/18 :  18:39:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
CD 2 is awesome. (Take control (CLSM Remix), Warehouse (Cube::Hard remix), Need your emotion (Dougal & Gammer remix), Souns running through your mind (Gammer remix), (Inside your mind (UFO remix), Next Level (Squad E Remix) <<<<<<<< Great track to finish CD off on !

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.62 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page