Page: 
of 3

Author Thread  
Sk8SiM
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,293 posts
Sk8SiM has attended 2 events
Posted - 2007/01/20 :  19:49:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Sk8SiM's homepage  Reply with quote
Erm, I'm confussed!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chart/compilations.shtml

^^^^ I'm only seeing 2 (Hardcore 2007 & Clubland extreme!)

At number 7 is Hardcore 2007 which has been in the charts for 3 weeks and is going "down!!"
Then all the way down at number 17 is clubland extreme, which has been in the charts for 5 weeks (so fair play on that front!)

As for the other one? - erm i'm not seeing it!

and check it!
"Dance Album" chart piss's all over the hardcore industry!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chart/dancealbums.shtml

With only 1 album (hardcore 2007) being at number 17! - which was at number 13 last week (meaning its gone DOWN the chart!)!

Sorry guys ^^^ its the truth!
False hope is a bastard ay

But on the topic though, i don't really care how well hardcore is doing in the charts! lol, if its successful then fair play! if its not then oh well!

It won#t change my views! on whether its good or shit!
Cuse in my opinion - as someone else pointed out... half the stuff in the charts isn't really what i would call "hardcore" anyways!

Sk8SiM/Morrall Studios.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Meathead
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
4,217 posts
Posted - 2007/01/20 :  20:17:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meathead's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by bulby_g:
"The charts" are not and never have been a reflection of what's good and what isn't.

gotta agree wiv bulby more often than not its got nowt 2 do wiv quality
i mean wats top of the singles chart... thats rite leona lewis wiv a crap song (that im sure ive heard b4).
the charts are all about popularity and as bulby said clever marketing thers no real credability 2 them n hardcore dosnt deserve 2 b dragged down 2 that level.

"Music creates order out of chaos; for rhythm imposes unanimity upon the divergent, melody imposes continuity upon the disjointed, and harmony imposes compatibility upon the incongruous." -Sir Yehudi Menuhin

Underloop
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,895 posts

91 hardcore releases
Underloop has donated money to the site Underloop has attended 5 events
Posted - 2007/01/20 :  20:50:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Underloop's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sk8SiM:
Erm, I'm confussed!

At number 7 is Hardcore 2007 which has been in the charts for 3 weeks and is going "down!!"
Then all the way down at number 17 is clubland extreme, which has been in the charts for 5 weeks (so fair play on that front!)

Best of Bonkers was released on the 15th, so didn't make it for this chart. End of week charts should see it enter quite high though tomorrow.

Hardcore Adrenaline is out on Monday, and should see it enter next week. Where it will enter is anybody's guess, but I think it should do quite well.

The Doc
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,718 posts
The Doc has attended 1 event
Posted - 2007/01/21 :  00:25:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The Doc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sk8SiM:
Erm, I'm confussed!

and check it!
"Dance Album" chart piss's all over the hardcore industry!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chart/dancealbums.shtml

With only 1 album (hardcore 2007) being at number 17! - which was at number 13 last week (meaning its gone DOWN the chart!)!

Sorry guys ^^^ its the truth!
False hope is a bastard ay

But on the topic though, i don't really care how well hardcore is doing in the charts! lol, if its successful then fair play! if its not then oh well!

It won#t change my views! on whether its good or shit!
Cuse in my opinion - as someone else pointed out... half the stuff in the charts isn't really what i would call "hardcore" anyways!

The dance album chart on BBC charts is s*ite! (even Madonnas album is there) and it doesn't tally with actual sales! (check out some of the releases) The comp chart is what its about because you've got every Various artists release on there! with the albums being sold in every music sellig shop in the country! That chart is official and from monday BOB will be top 20! and the week after so will HA! but if you go to HMV, Virgin , Woolies , Asda ect on Monday, there WILL be 4 Hardcore albums in all their charts in the top 40! Like I said this has never happened before ever! and My oppinion, your oppinion or anyones oppinion doesn't affect an album selling! sales figures do though! so the longer hardcore is selling albums the longer it stays around! at when it slows down, I will still listen to it, buy it and love it!

TomKav
Starting Member

United Kingdom
1 post
Posted - 2007/01/21 :  02:18:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
I feel too much over exposure of hardcore will end up destroying the scene by attracting the wrong kind of crowd that are being produced by listening to this commercial hardcore in the charts at the moment, i think i'm speaking for alot of people when i say that we are worried that this change is being induced by an untrue reflection of the music we love and the outlook doesn't seem good.
Hardcore CD's in the charts?... yes its a good thing, but keep it real instead of contantly remixing the same commercial dance tracks & artists, cascada being one of them.

phewcharyztik

United Kingdom
28 posts
Posted - 2007/01/21 :  15:43:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit phewcharyztik's homepage  Reply with quote
The best album in the chart next week that will really reflect hardcore is Best Of Bonkers as it isn't your usual chart remixed shit. It's got a nice selection of old tracks on there to give new listeners to hardcore a taste of what things used to be like, a good selection of freeform, and well, Scott Browns CD, which has some good tracks from the last few years.
As for attracting the wrong type of crowd, yes, we'll probably get a load of dickheads starting to go to raves but hopefully it will attract a lot more open minded people to the scene, maybe with fresh ideas and other influences that could make hardcore even better.

bulby_g
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,205 posts

430 hardcore releases
bulby_g has attended 55 events
Posted - 2007/01/21 :  18:04:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit bulby_g's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron-Htid:
quote:
quote:
wel thn wots th problem pal we both agree cd2 is th best :S

No problem, just don't agree with you that CD1 isn't very good. I didn't realise I'd made out that there was a problem... :s

Well yi dun a fair bit eh moanin like so ther wis a problem pal

What?

kathryn
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,520 posts
kathryn has attended 3 events
Posted - 2007/01/21 :  18:21:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit kathryn's homepage  Reply with quote
Do you think Aaron is from the wigan pier crew lyk?
wtf scouse is teh shit innit?
ya no tlk lyk tht innit?

jenks
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,684 posts

19 hardcore releases
jenks has attended 1 event
Posted - 2007/01/21 :  18:25:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit jenks's homepage  Reply with quote
Sounds more like a Gerodie to me...

Meathead
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
4,217 posts
Posted - 2007/01/21 :  19:22:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meathead's homepage  Reply with quote
na i bet u anythin hes scottish...

"Music creates order out of chaos; for rhythm imposes unanimity upon the divergent, melody imposes continuity upon the disjointed, and harmony imposes compatibility upon the incongruous." -Sir Yehudi Menuhin

Meathead
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
4,217 posts
Posted - 2007/01/21 :  20:08:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meathead's homepage  Reply with quote
check his profile hes a jock

Aaron-Htid

United Kingdom
26 posts
Aaron-Htid has attended 1 event
Posted - 2007/01/22 :  00:40:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Aaron-Htid's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

No problem, just don't agree with you that CD1 isn't very good. I didn't realise I'd made out that there was a problem... :s

What?

Nutn m8

kathryn
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,520 posts
kathryn has attended 3 events
Posted - 2007/01/22 :  08:50:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit kathryn's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

What?

Nutn m8

You didnt get a dictionary for christmas then Aaron?

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.48 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page