Printer friendly
Page: 
of 15

Author Thread  
novaboy
Advanced Member

Australia
1,319 posts
Posted - 2007/12/01 :  08:04:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit novaboy's homepage
but really ... who gives a shit?

whether the mix isn't well mixed or not ( i haven't heard it ) who really gives a shit.

a mix is a mix, brisk delivers.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Meathead
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
4,217 posts
Posted - 2007/12/01 :  09:10:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meathead's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Brisk:
quote:
Originally posted by __CMC__:
quote:
Originally posted by Orbit1:
quote:
No great loss then............................

Any of you hear him on Kutski's radio 1 show a few weeks/months back? Done nothing more than embarressed himself

I hear it actually. I thought it was brilliant. Wicked mix too.

Thats was some of the worst mixing i have every heard anyone on the radio do! Kutski would have been embarressed for Brisk, **** if i had not knew that was brisk i would have never guesses that was a pro on the decks!

Utter shit, very very poor performance i know he can do better but that time he deserved a slap, i mean slapping the fader to the other side and making the "fall down the stairs" or "shoes in the tumble drier" sound dont really cut it with me! He tried to do some quick mixing like what kutski is capibale of but Brisk failed miserably IMO and probably his to:P

Actually, the Radio 1 mix was from both myself and Ham. Additionally, it was sequenced in Albeton Live so you're comments about 'slapping fader' are inaccurate as there is no fader. As for the mixing being out of time, I have to say you are talking total bollocks. Everything is 100% in synch.

The mixing is very quick in terms of moving through the tracks as the brief was make a 'History Of Next Generation' in 20 minutes. This is a difficult task with over 200 releases to choose from hence the 'mega-mix style approach. If you don't like the mix, the way it is presented or even the content then of course, I respect your opinion however, your technical comments are completely unfounded and inaccurate.

Anyway, the mix is up on my myspace page if anyone wishes to pass judgement for themselves: myspace.com/briskdj

Back to the point of the thread. I have not announced any plans to retire anywhere so I'm not sure where this information came from. Bonkers has not 'flopped' per se, it shipped out respectable units from what we know however, Resist going into administration has meant that no one involved with the album has seen a single penny from it at the time of writing. When the administrators have finished, a payment should be made to all creditors. This should help to cushion the blow for many but time will tell on that point.

A kick in the bollocks? Yes. A good enough reason to thrown in 20 years of hard work carving out a career for myself and others? I don't think so...

hurrah!

@ _CMC_: care to post up a mix from urself fella? sure we'd all like to hear just how gifted u r.

"Music creates order out of chaos; for rhythm imposes unanimity upon the divergent, melody imposes continuity upon the disjointed, and harmony imposes compatibility upon the incongruous." -Sir Yehudi Menuhin

__CMC__
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
593 posts
Posted - 2007/12/01 :  11:24:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit __CMC__'s homepage
@Meathead

Read my posts i never said i was better than Brisk did i? The way you all ride this mans dick it would be pointless me posting anything!

I have never claimed to be a superstar dj or professinal dj, however i have done a few gigs in various clubs and have posted numerous mixes on the net. I have posted then on a forum i felt approprite, somewhere i would recieve proper feedback from people that actually know what there talking about ie. working djs and professinals although there was some constructive critsisum on these mixes i never said they were perfect but overall they have been well recieved and to have real djs telling me that the shit was tight means alot more to me than your opinion

Oh i almost forgot, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE A DJ TO KNOW WHEN A MIX IS SHIT

I dont want to start no arguements i ain't an intenet gang banger:P Now if Brisk wants to discuss it i would be happy to have a discussion with him about this but i don't see the need to answer to you dickheadMeathead

__CMC__
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
593 posts
Posted - 2007/12/01 :  11:27:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit __CMC__'s homepage
Strange no one has responded to my question about Kutski's quick mix vs Brisk's quick mix........................

Meathead
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
4,217 posts
Posted - 2007/12/01 :  11:41:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meathead's homepage
quote:
@Meathead

Read my posts i never said i was better than Brisk did i? The way you all ride this mans dick it would be pointless me posting anything!

I have never claimed to be a superstar dj or professinal dj, however i have done a few gigs in various clubs and have posted numerous mixes on the net. I have posted then on a forum i felt approprite, somewhere i would recieve proper feedback from people that actually know what there talking about ie. working djs and professinals although there was some constructive critsisum on these mixes i never said they were perfect but overall they have been well recieved and to have real djs telling me that the shit was tight means alot more to me than your opinion

I dont want to start no arguements i ain't an intenet gang banger:P Now if Brisk wants to discuss it i would be happy to have a discussion with him about this but i don't see the need to answer to you dickheadMeathead

read my post! did i say anything about you thinkin ur better than brisk? no i didnt did i? alls i was sayin is, would u like to show us that ur a good dj, seein as how u did actually say u were better than a pro (not brisk before u start crying).

and anyway even if ur not a brilliant dj u obviousley have a very gifted mind, i mean who would have thought of replacin "meathead" with "dickhead" that is hilarious and so very witty! grow up!

"Music creates order out of chaos; for rhythm imposes unanimity upon the divergent, melody imposes continuity upon the disjointed, and harmony imposes compatibility upon the incongruous." -Sir Yehudi Menuhin

Edited by - Meathead on 2007/12/01 11:43:17
Lilley
Advanced Member

Australia
3,740 posts
Lilley has attended 7 events
Posted - 2007/12/01 :  12:05:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lilley's homepage
how bout u two just meet up one afternoon and fight it out

Meph751
Advanced Member

United States
1,488 posts
Meph751 has attended 1 event
Posted - 2007/12/01 :  12:46:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meph751's homepage
quote:

well whatever the mix-judging credentials are, you're obviously lacking in that department...

__CMC__
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
593 posts
Posted - 2007/12/01 :  13:09:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit __CMC__'s homepage
^^^WTF?

Ok this will be my last post on this subject but just to clear a few things up

The dj i said i was better than is Bass Generator and if any of you seriously think he is skilled on the decks then i cant help you, sure he plays good tunes and get the place bouncing what i am refering to is his technical ability! Cant beat match, bring tracks in way off, soem of the shit he does is simply a cut in ie cross fader from side a straight to side b, IMO he is piss poor and has been since the Rez days your seriously debating that?

Thats being said he is one of my fav to watch due to the tracks and the atmosphere he creates but for this discussion it is based soley on technical ablitity!

@Lilley

I don't usually fight minors but the offers open, if in central Scotland let me know we can come to some agreement:)

@Meph751

Ok so your from the states you should have heard of Z-Trip, Dj Enferno, Dj AM, Dj Riz, Dj Sizzhandz etc. thats how quick mixing should be done all have produce mind blowing quick mixes (On TT's and CDJ's). Now tell me was Brisk's attempt (whilst using software) on a par with they dj's?

And just so you don't come back with a smart arse comment i know some of the stuff the play is pre made party breaks/mash ups but they do them live as well!

Still no takers on the Kutski's vs Brisk's quick mix:) Exactly Brisk is good (exceptinally good) but your either stupid or naive if you think he is the best out there.............................

Edited by - __CMC__ on 2007/12/01 13:10:48
Leto
Advanced Member

United States
2,849 posts
Leto has donated money to the site Leto has attended 7 events
Posted - 2007/12/01 :  17:29:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Leto's homepage
Actually, I'm pretty damn sure he responded to you there in his post about the mix on Radio One. :P

Jax
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,676 posts
Jax has donated money to the site Jax has attended 6 events
Posted - 2007/12/01 :  18:22:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Jax's homepage
a djs technical ability and how good a dj is, imo is two differant things. you have said why in yourself in your post....

quote:
sure he plays good tunes and get the place bouncing

if he gets the place bouncin what else does he need to do? thats the whole point of a dj imo

__CMC__
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
593 posts
Posted - 2007/12/02 :  13:29:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit __CMC__'s homepage
I wasn;t going to post in this thread no more but couple of points need clearing up

quote:
Originally posted by Jax:
a djs technical ability and how good a dj is, imo is two differant things. you have said why in yourself in your post....

quote:

if he gets the place bouncin what else does he need to do? thats the whole point of a dj imo

Obviously english isn't your strong point:P

quote:
but for this discussion it is based soley on technical ablitity!

@Leto

Now i am confuse, i mentioned Kutski after Brisk replied yet he address that question in his response to me? Now unless Brisk is a psychic as well as the number 1 dj in existence i think your sadly mistaken.....

Now please before anyone else comes back with a smart arse comment at least read the thread! Trying to make smart/cheeky comments and fu*king that up come on now boys that a poor show:)

Edited by - __CMC__ on 2007/12/02 13:30:47
Jax
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,676 posts
Jax has donated money to the site Jax has attended 6 events
Posted - 2007/12/02 :  13:58:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Jax's homepage
quote:
I wasn;t going to post in this thread no more but couple of points need clearing up

quote:
Originally posted by Jax:

quote:

Obviously english isn't your strong point:P

quote:
but for this discussion it is based soley on technical ablitity!

@Leto

Now i am confuse, i mentioned Kutski after Brisk replied yet he address that question in his response to me? Now unless Brisk is a psychic as well as the number 1 dj in existence i think your sadly mistaken.....

Now please before anyone else comes back with a smart arse comment at least read the thread! Trying to make smart/cheeky comments and fu*king that up come on now boys that a poor show:)

wow, a typo. get a grip.

quote:
SMART ARSE COMMENT

what you gonna do about it

__CMC__
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
593 posts
Posted - 2007/12/02 :  14:44:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit __CMC__'s homepage
^^^ehhhhh

I was refering to you simply missing the fact i had already said what you tried to say, your trying to tell me technical abilty is not all that count when i had quite clearly stated prior to you posting that i was basing that soley on technical ability!

Again with your english, the education system sure failed you:P

Very funny with your comment it has just proved what i already thought............

Hope the djing goes good for you cause if not with an eductaion like yours i would expect you to be staking shelf or so:)

Edited by - __CMC__ on 2007/12/02 14:45:37
Meathead
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
4,217 posts
Posted - 2007/12/02 :  15:22:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meathead's homepage
@_CMC_:

i see the education systems worked a treat with u ant it pal. r u the shelf stackin supervisor? u the one that tells idiots like us that the beans do not go next to the tomato soup?

oh n btw before u cum back with a "smart arse comment" i'll type however i f*ckin wanna type! ok?

oh and about the whole fight thing, just how immature r u eh? ur 22 im 17. i grew out of that mentality wen i was about 12. i would recomend u do the same but i'd be probably b wastin my time wunt i?

Edited by - Meathead on 2007/12/02 15:24:00
__CMC__
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
593 posts
Posted - 2007/12/02 :  15:53:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit __CMC__'s homepage
The fight comment was a a joke, it wasn't me that said that but i offered to accomadate! Lilley it was that post the first comment about a fight!

The comment about the education system failing him was due to twice he simply could not read what was written or he was to stupid to understand it, hence the comment!

Now what gives you the impression that i am uneducated? Is it because i write proper english rather than yur text chat? Grow up kid i have backed up my comments can you?

And FYI i am not a shelf stacker, i hold a current CSWIP 3.1 ticket and i am working as a welding inspector. (slight better paid than a shelf stacker although not the best job in the world)

Topic is 15 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  ... 11  12  13  14  15
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.56 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page