Page: 
of 3

Author Thread  
this-is-bonkers
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
573 posts
this-is-bonkers has attended 5 events
Posted - 2008/02/02 :  12:22:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit this-is-bonkers's homepage  Reply with quote
label wise i hope..

"It's just some compilations what don't deserve the recognition. The ones what the companies are just cashing in on, making really crappy compilations which we all forget about. Then end up in the Woolworths bargain buckets for £3.99-£5.99"

Like clubland LOL!...

may the frickin force be with you

Wii Number
0906 7050 1201 7825

Alert moderator Go to top of page
whittle1
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,191 posts

25 hardcore releases
whittle1 has donated money to the site whittle1 has attended 15 events
Posted - 2008/02/02 :  12:35:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit whittle1's homepage  Reply with quote
I'm sure that someone will chip in to continue the series.
The legacy will probably continue until 20 and then they will call it a day.

DiGiC
Starting Member

United Kingdom
15 posts
DiGiC has attended 23 events
Posted - 2008/02/02 :  15:25:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
I'm sure if the demand is high enough then there will be another Bonkers, Just look at the DSI HTID forum when someone posted that 16 was the last bonkers, that post went on for quite a few pages and a month or 2 later B17 was out.

I like the sound of Bonkers 18 Down Under, would be great to have a series compiled by a different country's DJ's, what would be even better would be a Universal Bonkers, like 4 CD's, one Euro disc, one UK, America and a Australia disc. <<< Pure fantasy of course, it'll never happen :(

Shades
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,189 posts
Posted - 2008/02/02 :  21:02:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Shades's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by djbrownieboy:
It's just some compilations what don't deserve the recognition. The ones what the companies are just cashing in on, making really crappy compilations which we all forget about. Then end up in the Woolworths bargain buckets for £3.99-£5.99

i just roflmfao at this statement, was in woolworths this afternoon & best of bonkers was happily sat in the bargain bin with a tag of £4.97

at least it wasn't on offer in tesco's.... would of been next to the turkeys lol

DJ Euphoric
Advanced Member

Canada
686 posts
Posted - 2008/02/02 :  21:07:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Euphoric's homepage  Reply with quote
I just wonder what the new label after Resist is gonna be.

The Doc
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,718 posts
The Doc has attended 1 event
Posted - 2008/02/03 :  00:28:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The Doc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Euphoric:
I just wonder what the new label after Resist is gonna be.

could be one of these!

http://www.happyhardcore.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=37145

treetherealest
Average Member

United States
151 posts
Posted - 2008/02/03 :  01:17:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit treetherealest's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DiGiC:
I'm sure if the demand is high enough then there will be another Bonkers, Just look at the DSI HTID forum when someone posted that 16 was the last bonkers, that post went on for quite a few pages and a month or 2 later B17 was out.

I like the sound of Bonkers 18 Down Under, would be great to have a series compiled by a different country's DJ's, what would be even better would be a Universal Bonkers, like 4 CD's, one Euro disc, one UK, America and a Australia disc. <<< Pure fantasy of course, it'll never happen :(

America won't get a disc, because there aren't any American artists making happy hardcore. lol. Maybe I am clueless, but I've yet to run across any.

Ghetto_smurf420

Canada
72 posts
Posted - 2008/02/03 :  02:03:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ghetto_smurf420's homepage  Reply with quote
Frisky & Hujib off the top of my head and i think dj stoimpy is from canada

and yeah youll nevr see a worldwide bonkers series just like ill never see an HTID World tour

As for the future of Bonkers i own 2 4 5 6 7 9 12 13 14 15 16 17 and Best Of Bonkers unless were gonna see more epic albums like 17 .... i could care less there are better series out there to each his own i suppose

DJ Euphoric
Advanced Member

Canada
686 posts
Posted - 2008/02/03 :  06:27:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Euphoric's homepage  Reply with quote
I think that there will be three CDs in the next Bonkers.

Phenex
Advanced Member

Sweden
1,619 posts
Phenex has attended 2 events
Posted - 2008/02/04 :  06:56:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Phenex's homepage  Reply with quote
Sunrize and AC Slater are also from the US

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2008/02/04 :  07:36:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Smoogie:
[I brought all of them and I enjoyed the old ones alot! The new ones are good and stand out well against some of the not so good CDs which like you said, might be forgotten about in a few years! Anyone still listen to Ibiza Summer 2000 style CDs?

Are you talkin about those mix albums by ministry of sound that had retardedly slow trance on there? I enjoyed the clubbers guide to trance done by ATB but after that the majority of the ministry of sound albums really went to s**t in my opinion. I previewed a judge jules remix and it was just horrible!!!!!

Well anywayz, back 2 topic. Bonkers will continue on no matter what. Someone who gives a damn about the history behind the series and it's continued involvement in the hardcore scene will pick it up, regardless of the series past style/popularity/commercialization . And it wouldn't surprise me if that only lasts a few years and then another company picks it up again. Bonkers will always be there as long as there r ppl out there that won't let the hardcore scene die out.

Craigavon raver
Advanced Member

Ireland
2,207 posts
Craigavon raver has attended 1 event
Posted - 2008/02/04 :  23:06:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Craigavon raver's homepage  Reply with quote
yeh it ****ing annoys me about bonkers tv ads, as i,ve never seen 1 on tv,but my bro and some mates have on sky,as u say its on c4 at the simpsons,but they never show them over here but they show cleh and ha e.t.c and bonkers sells alot over here,cheeses me of

DJ Euphoric
Advanced Member

Canada
686 posts
Posted - 2008/02/05 :  18:13:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Euphoric's homepage  Reply with quote
Saying about Frisky & Hujib they produce great music I like their tunes.

Edited by - DJ Euphoric on 2008/02/05 18:16:32
mister_fly

Canada
55 posts

231 hardcore releases
mister_fly has attended 3 events
Posted - 2008/02/08 :  05:57:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit mister_fly's homepage  Reply with quote
i like the idea of a bonkers worl whit 4 cd!!!!

here in canada you have frisky & hujib ,twisted freq and a few more new producer push some great music and in us you have ac slater , sunrize and the nice guy and again a few new producer. you have a possibility on the America cd a Canadian artist versus a us artist.

if this thing occurs its would be a beautiful chance for smaller artist to make known itself who would really not be a bad thing in oneself!! It is beautiful to dream !!!

chek this myspace for great music from quebec city www.myspace.com/djkalymero
and chek too the most big hardcore collective here in canada www.kanibalz.com

p.s anyone know how cost for make a bonkers album ( include distribution , ads cost of duplicate ect ))

thank and have a nice day !!!

i love you forever hardcore whitout you i can't not live...

Edited by - mister_fly on 2008/02/08 06:12:07
DiGiC
Starting Member

United Kingdom
15 posts
DiGiC has attended 23 events
Posted - 2008/02/08 :  23:19:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
I would've thought it'd probably cos a few thousand quid to produce the tracks, compile the album, pay the artists, record label fees (inc advertising, graphical artists, material costs of CD's, cases).

The list goes on, but then if its a flop then ur gonna be eating cold beans in a homeless shelter for a while...

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.56 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page