Radio listeners 172+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Bonkers Future

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Mental_Adam Logging onto the homepage of happyhardcore.com

silver posted on the state of the Bonkers Series.

Now, most people would possibly be worried about the situation but i know i'm not. Bonkers will be back but it will take a little while to get things back in order.

Even if it came to it, but it 100% won't. That true fans of the series and alot of the dj's contribute in putting the next compilation out.

If we have an incident like the time from 1999-2002....where they said that the comp was over until we saw 'Bonkers rezurrection' pop up.

Just remember, Bonkers will never die.
this-is-bonkers Hells yeah, wooo
Smoogie Even if it does go out for a while it will come back like Bonkers 8 did with the next style of Hardcore!
Craig Switchback Wouldn't bee too worried about it, i have heard some things and all's good. :P No doubt there will be future Bonkers albums. After all, it's the biggest Hardcore compilation on the market and sells very very well. Not just gonna stop is it?
DJ Euphoric Bonkers CDs will continue.
Mental_Adam Yep, so no need to panic.

Central station in australia will give a hand for sure. The DJ's will be promoting like mad every weekend. Plus you'll get the Commercial on the TV which comes on at a great peak time when the simpsons is aired.

The Good thing about the Bonkers commercials is, that i think a compilation like that deserves to have recognition. There will be people out there who probably used to (or still) buy bonkers from the old 90's days.

It's just some compilations what don't deserve the recognition. The ones what the companies are just cashing in on, making really crappy compilations which we all forget about. Then end up in the Woolworths bargain buckets for £3.99-£5.99
SPOOX
quote:
Originally posted by djbrownieboy:
Logging onto the homepage of happyhardcore.com

If we have an incident like the time from 1999-2002....where they said that the comp was over until we saw 'Bonkers rezurrection' pop up.

Just remember, Bonkers will never die.

Totally agree
Smoogie
quote:
There will be people out there who probably used to (or still) buy bonkers from the old 90's days.

I brought all of them and I enjoyed the old ones alot! The new ones are good and stand out well against some of the not so good CDs which like you said, might be forgotten about in a few years! Anyone still listen to Ibiza Summer 2000 style CDs?
Mortis Bonkers isn't the be all and end all of hardcore.
charlieee
quote:

Central station in australia will give a hand for sure. The DJ's will be promoting like mad every weekend. Plus you'll get the Commercial on the TV which comes on at a great peak time when the simpsons is aired.

i dunno i find that hard to beleive, iv never seen anyform of hhc music related thing on t.v. same could go for trance, hardtrance , hardstyle and gabber
warped_candykid Wasnt it just recently announced that Bonkers 18 will be out in 2008? "Bonkers Down Under"?
Mental_Adam
quote:
I brought all of them and I enjoyed the old ones alot! The new ones are good and stand out well against some of the not so good CDs which like you said, might be forgotten about in a few years! Anyone still listen to Ibiza Summer 2000 style CDs?

Hell yes

quote:
i dunno i find that hard to beleive, iv never seen anyform of hhc music related thing on t.v. same could go for trance, hardtrance , hardstyle and gabber

Yeah, sorry i was on about in the UK. I know why there really isn't any commercials about hardcore etc In Australia is because there isn't a good market out there for them. Because the Majority of Aussi's possibly only like their guitar music and holly valance ;)

quote:
Wasnt it just recently announced that Bonkers 18 will be out in 2008? "Bonkers Down Under"?

If you can find the info then i'll beleive you. I'm not saying you are a liar but some people like to mess around.
silver
quote:
Originally posted by warped_candykid:
Wasnt it just recently announced that Bonkers 18 will be out in 2008? "Bonkers Down Under"?

That is a central station records (australia) release, they just licensed the name.
DJ Euphoric The only Bonkers CDs I like are 12,15,16 and 17.
DarrenJ maybe we should buy the name? lol

i will chip in 100pounds :P
DJ Euphoric There will be a new name in place by the time the next Bonkers CD is out.
this-is-bonkers label wise i hope..

"It's just some compilations what don't deserve the recognition. The ones what the companies are just cashing in on, making really crappy compilations which we all forget about. Then end up in the Woolworths bargain buckets for £3.99-£5.99"

Like clubland LOL!...
whittle1 I'm sure that someone will chip in to continue the series.
The legacy will probably continue until 20 and then they will call it a day.
DiGiC I'm sure if the demand is high enough then there will be another Bonkers, Just look at the DSI HTID forum when someone posted that 16 was the last bonkers, that post went on for quite a few pages and a month or 2 later B17 was out.

I like the sound of Bonkers 18 Down Under, would be great to have a series compiled by a different country's DJ's, what would be even better would be a Universal Bonkers, like 4 CD's, one Euro disc, one UK, America and a Australia disc. <<< Pure fantasy of course, it'll never happen :(
Shades
quote:
It's just some compilations what don't deserve the recognition. The ones what the companies are just cashing in on, making really crappy compilations which we all forget about. Then end up in the Woolworths bargain buckets for £3.99-£5.99

i just roflmfao at this statement, was in woolworths this afternoon & best of bonkers was happily sat in the bargain bin with a tag of £4.97

at least it wasn't on offer in tesco's.... would of been next to the turkeys lol

DJ Euphoric I just wonder what the new label after Resist is gonna be.
The Doc
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Euphoric:
I just wonder what the new label after Resist is gonna be.

could be one of these!

http://www.happyhardcore.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=37145
treetherealest
quote:
Originally posted by DiGiC:
I'm sure if the demand is high enough then there will be another Bonkers, Just look at the DSI HTID forum when someone posted that 16 was the last bonkers, that post went on for quite a few pages and a month or 2 later B17 was out.

I like the sound of Bonkers 18 Down Under, would be great to have a series compiled by a different country's DJ's, what would be even better would be a Universal Bonkers, like 4 CD's, one Euro disc, one UK, America and a Australia disc. <<< Pure fantasy of course, it'll never happen :(

America won't get a disc, because there aren't any American artists making happy hardcore. lol. Maybe I am clueless, but I've yet to run across any.
Ghetto_smurf420 Frisky & Hujib off the top of my head and i think dj stoimpy is from canada

and yeah youll nevr see a worldwide bonkers series just like ill never see an HTID World tour

As for the future of Bonkers i own 2 4 5 6 7 9 12 13 14 15 16 17 and Best Of Bonkers unless were gonna see more epic albums like 17 .... i could care less there are better series out there to each his own i suppose
DJ Euphoric I think that there will be three CDs in the next Bonkers.
Phenex Sunrize and AC Slater are also from the US
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Smoogie:
[I brought all of them and I enjoyed the old ones alot! The new ones are good and stand out well against some of the not so good CDs which like you said, might be forgotten about in a few years! Anyone still listen to Ibiza Summer 2000 style CDs?

Are you talkin about those mix albums by ministry of sound that had retardedly slow trance on there? I enjoyed the clubbers guide to trance done by ATB but after that the majority of the ministry of sound albums really went to s**t in my opinion. I previewed a judge jules remix and it was just horrible!!!!!

Well anywayz, back 2 topic. Bonkers will continue on no matter what. Someone who gives a damn about the history behind the series and it's continued involvement in the hardcore scene will pick it up, regardless of the series past style/popularity/commercialization . And it wouldn't surprise me if that only lasts a few years and then another company picks it up again. Bonkers will always be there as long as there r ppl out there that won't let the hardcore scene die out.
Craigavon raver yeh it ****ing annoys me about bonkers tv ads, as i,ve never seen 1 on tv,but my bro and some mates have on sky,as u say its on c4 at the simpsons,but they never show them over here but they show cleh and ha e.t.c and bonkers sells alot over here,cheeses me of
DJ Euphoric Saying about Frisky & Hujib they produce great music I like their tunes.
mister_fly i like the idea of a bonkers worl whit 4 cd!!!!

here in canada you have frisky & hujib ,twisted freq and a few more new producer push some great music and in us you have ac slater , sunrize and the nice guy and again a few new producer. you have a possibility on the America cd a Canadian artist versus a us artist.

if this thing occurs its would be a beautiful chance for smaller artist to make known itself who would really not be a bad thing in oneself!! It is beautiful to dream !!!

chek this myspace for great music from quebec city www.myspace.com/djkalymero
and chek too the most big hardcore collective here in canada www.kanibalz.com

p.s anyone know how cost for make a bonkers album ( include distribution , ads cost of duplicate ect ))

thank and have a nice day !!!

DiGiC I would've thought it'd probably cos a few thousand quid to produce the tracks, compile the album, pay the artists, record label fees (inc advertising, graphical artists, material costs of CD's, cases).

The list goes on, but then if its a flop then ur gonna be eating cold beans in a homeless shelter for a while...
Vladel bonkers used to do four disks for a while
Mental_Adam I think it got quite out of hand with the Disc Situation.

After Bonkers 15, many people we're thinking OMGZ will bonkers 16 be 5 Discs!!?!?

It took 1.72 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page