Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 hh newbie
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
ceph
Starting Member

United States
4 posts
Posted - 2001/05/02 :  23:38:22  Show profile Send a private message  Visit ceph's homepage
hi. i'm kinda new to the happy hardcore scene. my extent of it is mostly mixes of songs by anabolic frolic and a bunch of samples from mp3.com. i was curious if you guys maybe had some recommendations for some good djs/artists. i appreciate any feedback, thanks.

Alert moderator
GT
Average Member

United Kingdom
160 posts
Posted - 2001/05/03 :  08:06:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit GT's homepage
Good DJ's to check out would be people like Hixxy, Sy, Force & Styles, Scott Brown, Brisk, Demand, DNA... Keep an eye out for tape packs in local record shops, try the little less none ones, not just yer HMV's and stuff. Basically try out as many types of artist/DJ/style of Hardcore you can find. It's just a case of finding out what you like best.

Oh, and I'd also recommend NOT reading all of oldskools posts, because the one's I've just read are fecking pointless.

================
'You picked me up, and swept me away....'

Alert moderator Go to top of page
silver
Admin

Japan
12,548 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2001/05/03 :  10:51:32  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
Check out the radio section on happyhardcore.com have a listen.

DJ Tempest

United States
381 posts
Posted - 2001/05/03 :  17:15:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Tempest's homepage
*coughs*
DNA needs to learn how to beatmatch
*/cough*

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."

ceph
Starting Member

United States
4 posts
Posted - 2001/05/03 :  20:12:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit ceph's homepage
thanks guys! silver: i've listened to the broadcasts from this site, it's great stuff but unfortunately when i stream it doesn't show the name of each song.. maybe a quirk in soundjam (mac user). thanks also GT for the list of artists, i'll definitely check them out. i have in fact only been into the whole techno scene for a little over a year. most of my stuff is comprised of trance tunes of the likes of sasha, john digweed, and many trance/rave compliations. i had listened to some hardcore about 6 months into my venture into the techno music scene and really liked it, but really only had what i had bought, to listen to. i wasn't intent on having my musical basis limited on a single dj mainly (frolic) but i liked the tunes of breeze and dougal, and i think it's time i expanded my hardcore tastes much more broadly. anyway, that's my story. thanks again for your help, i'll probably end up being another regular here. :)

Edited by - ceph on 03 May 2001 20:21:22

GT
Average Member

United Kingdom
160 posts
Posted - 2001/05/04 :  11:18:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit GT's homepage
ceph - no problem mate.

Tempest, agree that he isn't the tightest mixer ever, but he aint that bad, and he has got a pretty good damned taste in tunes...

================

DJ Tempest

United States
381 posts
Posted - 2001/05/05 :  01:45:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Tempest's homepage
heh..yeah..but a lot more than track selection goes into being a good dj...and hes been spinning for how long now? 6 years? give or take? youd think he wouldnt drop beats left and right after that..especially with how much recognition he gets.

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."

silver
Admin

Japan
12,548 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2001/05/05 :  07:00:08  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
You want to play his party you have to be a big name or know him real well, thus you have to say nice things about him even if they are not true. So a big name says something nice about someone then other people think it as well (like sheep)... it's a pity really.

GT
Average Member

United Kingdom
160 posts
Posted - 2001/05/06 :  13:40:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit GT's homepage
Good point, he should've got it by now. But, as the old saying goes, it's not what but who you know...

================

P4C3

Australia
25 posts
Posted - 2001/05/07 :  12:02:52  Show profile  Send a private message
Keep an eye out for new hardcore coming out of Australia.
I think its going to a major producer in the near future. (hopefully. hahaha).

silver
Admin

Japan
12,548 posts

894 hardcore releases
Posted - 2001/05/07 :  21:57:30  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
P4C3: huh? who are you talking about?

P4C3

Australia
25 posts
Posted - 2001/05/09 :  02:27:22  Show profile  Send a private message
silver: from Western Australia Menis, Marvel,DJ Leroy (Caffine Rush on BB),Pace,
Might not of heard of them but things look like there starting to take off in the production region.

silver
Admin

Japan
12,548 posts

894 hardcore releases
Posted - 2001/05/09 :  04:15:29  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
P4C3: interesting, where can I listen to there stuff? Are they about to release new stuff? It's happy hardcore right?

StrifeII
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,143 posts
StrifeII is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2001/05/09 :  15:43:40  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit StrifeII's homepage
I'd recommend getting a tape pack, it started me off, and my music collection's a Chest of draws long! Pretty cheap aswell. I brought helter skelter nightlife. rat pack, brisk, slipmatt = phat!
Force+Styles=Sh!t (No offense)

Livin' in a dream!!!

P4C3

Australia
25 posts
Posted - 2001/05/09 :  21:37:54  Show profile  Send a private message
silver:
Right now its alot of making but not much pressing. Hopefully i will have a label up and running by around the end of June and have my first tune released shortly after.
I will send u a copy.
( no negative feed back though. hahaha)

P4C3

Australia
25 posts
Posted - 2001/05/09 :  21:39:39  Show profile  Send a private message
and yes happyhardcore, similar to Blatant Beats Stuff.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.67 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page