Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Hardcore - The Classics
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 4

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Brainchild
Average Member

United Kingdom
193 posts
Posted - 2008/10/08 :  19:58:49  Show profile Send a private message View the linked resource
So Ministry of Sound have decided to release an album, called Hardcore - The Classics with Sy, Dougal & Billy Daniel Bunter & Slipmatt. I'm guessing it's going to be very much like the Hardcore Classics album which had Dougal, Slipmatt & Billy Daniel Bunter.

If it does follow the same idea as the Hardcore Classics album did, I'm interested to see how the tracklists will very. Seems to me that when making an old skool happy hardcore CD they tend to stick to using some of the same tracks like Toytown and Devotion, tracks which everyone knows. As long as they don't re-use some of the same tracks, I'll be happy.

Alert moderator
Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Mortis has donated money to the site Mortis has attended 7 events
Posted - 2008/10/08 :  20:38:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Brainchild:
Seems to me that when making an old skool happy hardcore CD they tend to stick to using some of the same tracks like Toytown and Devotion, tracks which everyone knows. As long as they don't re-use some of the same tracks, I'll be happy.

Well yeah, it's a classics album. Of couse it's going to have the same tracks as other CD's.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
SPOOX
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,644 posts
Posted - 2008/10/08 :  20:39:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit SPOOX's homepage
I shall be keeping an eye out for this one. Where did you get your info from mate?

SPOOX
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,644 posts
Posted - 2008/10/08 :  20:40:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit SPOOX's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Mortis:
quote:
Seems to me that when making an old skool happy hardcore CD they tend to stick to using some of the same tracks like Toytown and Devotion, tracks which everyone knows. As long as they don't re-use some of the same tracks, I'll be happy.

Well yeah, it's a classics album. Of couse it's going to have the same tracks as other CD's.

That's why i don't really buy Old Skool albums anymore as you pretty much get the same tracks all the time.

Edited by - SPOOX on 2008/10/29 08:18:42
warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,938 posts
warped_candykid has attended 5 events
Posted - 2008/10/08 :  20:49:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage
I would like to hear an album with

Calypso Summer[97 Remix]"
Meadowland

and that elephant track by Cheddar? Some rare, ultra-cheesy tracks would be nice :)

pinkdevil16

United Kingdom
496 posts
Posted - 2008/10/08 :  21:06:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit pinkdevil16's homepage
wil defo buy this one sounds intersting and i enjoyees the hardcore classics album so if it is anything like that then should be good.

Watson.

United Kingdom
276 posts
Watson. has attended 1 event
Posted - 2008/10/08 :  22:33:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Watson.'s homepage
I'll probably have most of the tunes on this scattered about, but I'll probably still buy it. It all depends by what they define to be "classics".

SPOOX
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,644 posts
Posted - 2008/10/08 :  22:47:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit SPOOX's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by warped_candykid:

Meadowland

and that elephant track by Cheddar? Some rare, ultra-cheesy tracks would be nice :)

I have an album with them on. Fusion 'A Point To Be Made'. Haven't heard it for a while but i'm sure their both on there.
Not the cheddar track though.

Edited by - SPOOX on 2008/10/08 22:48:33
95_was_the_time
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,285 posts
Posted - 2008/10/08 :  23:21:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit 95_was_the_time's homepage
another quick-cash job from MOShit.

feat, more watered down BREAKS remixes of SL2 on a rectum tip, Liquid smegma-harmony, Ratpack captain of the shit & more !!

/in before the yawns

The Doc
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,718 posts
The Doc has attended 1 event
Posted - 2008/10/09 :  00:07:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The Doc's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by 95_was_the_time:
another quick-cash job from MOShit.

feat, more watered down BREAKS remixes of SL2 on a rectum tip, Liquid smegma-harmony, Ratpack captain of the shit & more !!

/in before the yawns

agreed! so its took them 11 months to think of this! (apart from all the cheap albums they've released all year!) If this album has original rare classics, I'll "show my arse in burtons window"

The Doc
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,718 posts
The Doc has attended 1 event
Posted - 2008/10/09 :  00:10:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The Doc's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by SPOOX:
quote:
quote:

That's why i don't really but Old Skool albums anymore as you pretty much get the same tracks all the time.

Old Skool rewinds vol 1! (I should be on commision for this album) its brilliant!

95_was_the_time
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,285 posts
Posted - 2008/10/09 :  00:54:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit 95_was_the_time's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by The Doc:
quote:
quote:
quote:

That's why i don't really but Old Skool albums anymore as you pretty much get the same tracks all the time.

Old Skool rewinds vol 1! (I should be on commision for this album) its brilliant!

is that, that dj spinback one? i can't seem to find anyhwere on the net that sells it. it's been on an ebay search for ages now.

warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,938 posts
warped_candykid has attended 5 events
Posted - 2008/10/09 :  04:39:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by warped_candykid:

Meadowland

I have an album with them on. Fusion 'A Point To Be Made'. Haven't heard it for a while but i'm sure their both on there.
Not the cheddar track though.

I FINALLYA found me a copy of Hardcore Millennium Party, and it has that Fusion vol.1 & 2 on it, but its indexed as 1 loooooong track. It has the Fade & Bananaman remix of "Calypso Summer" and the album mix of "Meadowland"

Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Mortis has donated money to the site Mortis has attended 7 events
Posted - 2008/10/09 :  08:08:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage
^^ Not a bad album that, the Stompy & Breeze CD is really good

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2008/10/10 :  07:51:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
I more than likely won't be buying this album. i guess i'm one of the only ones that don't like the old skool mixes done by other hardcore classics, such as the helter skelter ones. i've heard the previews, and i honestly found those to be so annoying. but who knows i'll have 2 wait and c if these previews impress me

95_was_the_time
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,285 posts
Posted - 2008/10/29 :  02:09:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit 95_was_the_time's homepage
well i've just seen the tracklist on the home/news page.

'ohdear' were my first thoughts.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 4 pages long: 1  2  3  4
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.7 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page