Page: 
of 4

Author Thread  
Torpex
Advanced Member

Poland
824 posts
Torpex has attended 5 events
Posted - 2008/10/19 :  14:28:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Torpex's homepage  Reply with quote
It's hardly a point against mp3s as a music source for DJs. Not all DJs are collectors, I wouldn't consider myself one.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
acidfluxxbass
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
5,000 posts
Posted - 2008/10/19 :  23:32:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit acidfluxxbass's homepage  Reply with quote
mp3's are prone to being corrupted or lost through errors and whatnot. vinyl collects dust which is a vivid fashion and personality statement.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/archefluxxuk

Analog Dreams

Belarus
84 posts
Posted - 2008/10/20 :  01:32:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Analog Dreams's homepage  Reply with quote
I don't know I guess I'll always be a vinyl purist. It's not that I don't respect dj's who use cdjs. I mean tracklist and the way you mix the tracks is by far the most important part of mixing, and if a dj picks the best tunes and mixes them well, he is doing his job. But aside from how it sounds, it's also a feeling. When you go to a rave, and you know the guy has no serato or cdjs to aid his beatmatching, you know he COULD **** up, and that makes it more exciting does it not? When he pulls of a tight mix you're like wow!

TypeR
Advanced Member

Unknown
2,633 posts

55 hardcore releases
TypeR has donated money to the site TypeR has attended 11 events
Posted - 2008/10/20 :  02:30:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit TypeR's homepage  Reply with quote
ask any of the top djs playing in the hardcore scene when the last time they used vinyl for anything other than scratching.

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2008/10/20 :  03:41:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
i'd like to think that a lot of the big names still go back to Vinly for a mix or two now and again. After all, this is what they grew up with.

Jimouk
Banned

United Kingdom
317 posts
Jimouk has attended 1 event
Posted - 2008/10/20 :  06:11:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Jimouk's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by acidfluxxbass:
mp3's are prone to being corrupted or lost through errors and whatnot. vinyl collects dust which is a vivid fashion and personality statement.

Thats why you back them up...

And who cares if you can't sell them on? If I buy a track I never intend on selling it on... x_x

TypeR
Advanced Member

Unknown
2,633 posts

55 hardcore releases
Posted - 2008/10/20 :  13:30:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit TypeR's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by djkenmasters:
i'd like to think that a lot of the big names still go back to Vinly for a mix or two now and again. After all, this is what they grew up with.

they don't. if they did they'd just be playing burnt out dub plates that sound like poo.

bulby_g
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,205 posts

430 hardcore releases
bulby_g has attended 55 events
Posted - 2008/10/20 :  14:02:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit bulby_g's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by BobbyRitalin:
quote:

they don't. if they did they'd just be playing burnt out dub plates that sound like poo.

I'm sure at least some of them have all their back cat' on proper vinyl... Some of them will have vinyl collections even if they don't use them anymore.

Showstopper

United Kingdom
22 posts
Posted - 2008/10/20 :  14:06:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Showstopper's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:

Wrong. In Scott Brown's DVD you can see him using vinyl in one of his sets.

Edited by - Showstopper on 2008/10/20 14:07:37
Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2008/10/20 :  15:11:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
I saw Scott Brown playing a vinyl set at the Hardcore Heaven Weekender in 07! lol

To think that these guy's have stopped using vinyl altogether is laughable! Ok, they might not promote it as much seeing as everyone thinks CD decks are the future but if u think that all these guy's use is CD's, u should think again!

Analog Dreams

Belarus
84 posts
Posted - 2008/10/20 :  16:51:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Analog Dreams's homepage  Reply with quote
I'm pretty sure seduction uses vinyl too doesn't he? In some of his hardcore adrenaline sets you can hear him pushing the record forward to keep beatmatched...

bulby_g
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,205 posts

430 hardcore releases
bulby_g has attended 55 events
Posted - 2008/10/20 :  17:15:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit bulby_g's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Analog Dreams:
I'm pretty sure seduction uses vinyl too doesn't he? In some of his hardcore adrenaline sets you can hear him pushing the record forward to keep beatmatched...

Sounds the same on a CD-J or Serato etc. Still... Surprised someone is actually mixing on a commercial CD and not just doing it in some program on a computer!?

TypeR
Advanced Member

Unknown
2,633 posts

55 hardcore releases
Posted - 2008/10/20 :  23:42:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit TypeR's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Showstopper:
quote:
quote:

Wrong. In Scott Brown's DVD you can see him using vinyl in one of his sets.

over in the U.S. we don't see them play vinyl because they would have to obtain a work visa to bring them into the country. In the UK they can play vinyl all day long because they live there. If they bring it here, they'd be either deported or would have to simply leave it at the airport.

TypeR
Advanced Member

Unknown
2,633 posts

55 hardcore releases
Posted - 2008/10/20 :  23:44:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit TypeR's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
I saw Scott Brown playing a vinyl set at the Hardcore Heaven Weekender in 07! lol

To think that these guy's have stopped using vinyl altogether is laughable! Ok, they might not promote it as much seeing as everyone thinks CD decks are the future but if u think that all these guy's use is CD's, u should think again!

cost to press a single vinyl versus burning it onto a cd to play right now.

you do the math djkenmasters, you may think it's laughable and that it's "the future" it's just the way it is man.

Ph33rViper

Australia
250 posts
Posted - 2008/10/21 :  14:25:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ph33rViper's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:

cost to press a single vinyl versus burning it onto a cd to play right now.

you do the math djkenmasters, you may think it's laughable and that it's "the future" it's just the way it is man.

That may be BUT Vinyls are still going strong.

When Amato went bust you woudnt believe the number of vinyls that were lost / being pressed at the time :P

Have a guess :)

Try 10000 Vinyl Records + (would love a confirmation) XD

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 4 pages long: 1  2  3  4
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.92 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page