Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 General discussion
 Are there.....
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
SteveW2k1

United Kingdom
59 posts
Posted - 2002/07/04 :  15:28:49  Show profile Send a private message

Any programs for the PC (preferably free to download online) that allow you to mix together mp3s so I can get practice at mixing before I buy a set of decks?

Any programs that allow you to take an mp3 and cut it into seperate peices so that you can seperate the vocals, drums, music etc into seperate tracks?

'Happy Hardcore will never die'

Best hhc song ever -'Toytown'

Alert moderator
Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2002/07/04 :  16:17:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage
quote:
Any programs for the PC (preferably free to download online) that allow you to mix together mp3s so I can get practice at mixing before I buy a set of decks?

Yeah, Sound Forge.
You can download it from:
www.sonicfoundry.com

Alert moderator Go to top of page
DJ Mouse
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,687 posts
DJ Mouse has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/07/04 :  16:18:22  Show profile  Send a private message
mp3 mixing and decks are a totally different kettle of fish. click the mouse and you've got perfect pitch. decks don't work that way i'm afraid,you have to find it yourself.

but anyways,for mp3 mixing,i use atomix mp3, and for wave editing,soundforge (v5 or above)

--------------------------------------------------
"Don't frown when someone annoys you, it uses 42 muscles. Bitch-slap the fu©ker, it only uses 4"

DJ Mouse

Don Giovanni

Canada
290 posts

43 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/07/04 :  17:20:17  Show profile  Send a private message
yup mouse is right.

I've seen a prog that was basically virtual decks. u drag and drop digital audio (any format) onto the virtual decks u can start and stop each deck, control the pitch, etc and u have your 'mixer' with cross fader etc in the middle.
i think it was called MJ studio or something like that.

good attempt but nowhere NEAR like the real thing.

If u just wanna learn to mix for fun go to a friends house that already has decks or save up and buy yourself some decks.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'Together united as one indeed, WE ARE THE HARDCORE FAMILY!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by - Don Giovanni on 2002/07/04 17:25:57
djmonoxide

United States
128 posts
Posted - 2002/07/04 :  19:13:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djmonoxide's homepage
a visiosonic program called pcdj I don't like it but you might :) check it out at http://pcdj.com

I used to be a raver, used to take lots of E. Now I just smoke weed, and you know I will Succeed. :)

strychnine
Advanced Member

Australia
2,268 posts

92 hardcore releases
strychnine has attended 2 events
Posted - 2002/07/04 :  20:14:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit strychnine's homepage
Virtual Turntables: http://carrot.prohosting.com

It's similar to CD-mixing, but it's not all that stable and the interface is pretty awful. On the upside, it lets you use as many channels as you want (or as many as your PC can handle), and I suppose if you avoid using the beatcounter it'll help you learn to beatmatch by ear. Then again, switching to vinyl opens up a whole new can of worms ... but hell, VTT's a lot cheaper than a set of Tech12s and a Pioneer 600.

djmonoxide

United States
128 posts
Posted - 2002/07/04 :  20:58:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djmonoxide's homepage
^^ PCDJ is the same as vtt only better :)

I used to be a raver, used to take lots of E. Now I just smoke weed, and you know I will Succeed. :)

strychnine
Advanced Member

Australia
2,268 posts

92 hardcore releases
strychnine has attended 2 events
Posted - 2002/07/04 :  21:11:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit strychnine's homepage
^^ I liked the fact that VTT lets you use headphones even if you only got one soundcard (like me). That, and the documentation was a lot easier to read =)

djmonoxide

United States
128 posts
Posted - 2002/07/04 :  21:22:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djmonoxide's homepage
^^ I used headphones with PCDJ and I only got one soundcard. You have to set it up when you instal it. Also I like the layout better and it doesn't let you cheat by atomatically changing the pitch to match the other track!

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.11 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page