Total online 1736
 Radio listeners 154+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Ant Johnson promoting HARDCORE TEEN ACT !
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 4

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
2bcool2
Starting Member

United Kingdom
3 posts
Posted - 2009/10/05 :  09:11:29  Show profile Send a private message  Visit 2bcool2's homepage
hey guys, Ant Johnson here, just wanted to let you guys im involved in a project to bring hardcore music to a new generation.
We are launching a new 14 year old singer called SkywalkR in Los Angeles singing hardcore.
There is no-one doing hardcore with a teen idol targeting the teen market.
We are doing this with a hope that a new generation of kids will get into hardcore and start checking out the harder hardcore and past compilations.

now i know alot of you guys will be throwing up at this video lol .. but its got a target market, .. if you just listen to the music .. it still stands up :-)

please support us. please support rebuilding hardcore. Email everyone on your friends list this link,
post on forums, make you tube videos telling everyone to support our aim.
please email [email protected] to put our video on clubland tv !!
only buy people showing they want it on clubland will it get on there and get millions of new teens into hardcore.

see the new SkywalkR music video here :

myspace.com/newpopstars

thanks for your continuing support, long live hardcore !!!

Ant Johnson.

Alert moderator

Edited by - 2bcool2 on 2009/10/05 11:49:25
Torpex
Advanced Member

Poland
824 posts
Torpex has attended 5 events
Posted - 2009/10/05 :  09:36:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Torpex's homepage
I like the kid's vocal, not quite on par with your original performance but it's OK.

The video... Ugh. I find it hard not to cringe, even bearing in mind that I'm not in its intended target market. Plus, the presentation could use some polishing - the myspace is a bit of mess and the youtube title & description aren't too professional either.

Good luck with it though, it might indeed bring some fresh blood into the scene!

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - Torpex on 2009/10/05 09:37:15
Wilky
Banned

United Kingdom
6,198 posts
Posted - 2009/10/05 :  10:43:39  Show profile  Visit Wilky's homepage
Coming from the most cheesiest person in hardcore id assume you have any problems... Rather than post matt@aatws email just pester hixxy or darren styles

http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/wilky

This post was made by Spunk Licker
who is currently on your ignore list .
Display this post.

Meathead
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
4,217 posts
Posted - 2009/10/05 :  11:10:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meathead's homepage
Isn't this what we have AATW/Raverbaby for?

EDIT

Just watched the video, he almost gets his voice as high as yours. Guess his balls haven't dropped yet either.

"Music creates order out of chaos; for rhythm imposes unanimity upon the divergent, melody imposes continuity upon the disjointed, and harmony imposes compatibility upon the incongruous." -Sir Yehudi Menuhin

Edited by - Meathead on 2009/10/05 11:12:28
acidfluxxbass
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
5,000 posts
Posted - 2009/10/05 :  11:23:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit acidfluxxbass's homepage
hmm, credit goes for the idea... i await more news on the 'wunderkid'

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/archefluxxuk

Dain-Ja
Advanced Member

Canada
1,983 posts
Dain-Ja has attended 11 events
Posted - 2009/10/05 :  13:15:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dain-Ja's homepage
good tune and his vocals are actually pretty decent

good engineering from Darwin (I presume, since he did the original)

Visit makemeRUSH.com for music from the ONLY North American hardcore label pressing vinyl!

FREE track every Monday: http://www.rushdeliveryrecords.com/?p=229

warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,934 posts
warped_candykid has attended 5 events
Posted - 2009/10/05 :  13:28:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage
Do we really want to tackle the teen scene here in America? I mean, look at our Reality tv shows...Do we REALLY want to tackle the American teen scene? Now if a teenager stops at a stoplight by me and hears my hardcore music, they are going to think I am jumping on the Hardcore bandwagon to "be cool", because to them, it would be something totally new, not a style of music that's existed for 15+ years. Why are we wanting to expose Hardcore to younger and younger peeps? The moment the American music industry gets a whiff of this, there will be "Kidz Bop: Hardcore!"

Jester MC

Canada
284 posts
Jester MC has attended 9 events
Posted - 2009/10/05 :  17:28:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Jester MC's homepage
we have to do something to get younger kids into the music....how do you expect hardcore to survive? people are leaving the scene left right and centre. people will always get old and stop partying and buying the music. new blood is essential, case and point a massive percentage of the people posting here. im not sure this is the way though. maybe its because im a coach to 13 year olds as a profession, but i feel more of a responsibility to teach the new kids how things are and how they were and why things happened the way they did, and show them direction that things are heading, and then let them decide how to be the voice of their own generation, instead of a whole new starting point, designed to be what the next step is. designed to be liked and basically have commercial potential. I have to ask. Why does this kid deserve to be singing on hardcore tracks (famouse remakes at that) and start performing? i mean this as a serious question because i simply dont no, not to be retorical. Has he been been into hardcore since he was 7 because of and older brother, orrr did he get into dance music early on and found hardcore and likes to sing so he wants to be a hardcore singer, orr has he been to a party before, OR is he a 14 year old kinda good lookin kid that can sing ok and would be great as a "teen idol targeting the teen market."
id LOVE for hardcore to have more commercial potential worldwide, but id rather see it dead than have it be popular to young teens tbh. i really hate how most of the worlds commercial business is geared towards teens
i mean...whats this kid singing about? it makes no sense. how bad did this kid **** up at 14 to have to follow his heart and make some changes? what? wasnt doing quite enough homework skywalker? all your friends gone to the bunda system to get power converters and you feel like your life s going no where? sorry i jest sometimes lol

this kid wouldnt even get into the most all ages of all ager parties! how are you gonna get him in the club in LA of all places..this is kinda beyond sneeking in an underage performer through the back door.

i just dont like the idea of 'filling a market' its probably open for a reason.
full marks for what your aim is, i understand why this is done, i just dont agree. i support re-building hardcore, as i said its essentail, but its essential its done properly and not to just get popular and make money. that flame will burn and die quickly. And its at the time in hardcore where our flame DOES die, after a very good run. Or we start building the fire into something that truly cannot be put out.

all immho of course :)

Rayovac
Advanced Member

United States
2,049 posts
Rayovac has donated money to the site
Posted - 2009/10/05 :  17:37:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Rayovac's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by warped_candykid:
Do we really want to tackle the teen scene here in America? I mean, look at our Reality tv shows...Do we REALLY want to tackle the American teen scene? Now if a teenager stops at a stoplight by me and hears my hardcore music, they are going to think I am jumping on the Hardcore bandwagon to "be cool", because to them, it would be something totally new, not a style of music that's existed for 15+ years. Why are we wanting to expose Hardcore to younger and younger peeps? The moment the American music industry gets a whiff of this, there will be "Kidz Bop: Hardcore!"

Don't forget all of the bible thumpers who will cry about how the term "hardcore" is offensive.

This also means "People read."

Edited by - Rayovac on 2009/10/05 18:30:33
Essi

Australia
83 posts
Posted - 2009/10/05 :  17:52:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Essi's homepage
yeh nice one worth a try eh LA is a tough place to break the market in.... but good luck :)

damo.2008

Western Sahara
149 posts
Posted - 2009/10/05 :  18:55:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit damo.2008's homepage
no offense , but what a pile of shit.

2bcool2
Starting Member

United Kingdom
3 posts
Posted - 2009/10/05 :  19:23:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit 2bcool2's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by damo.2008:
no offense , but what a pile of shit.

no offense taken lol .. the music and vocals are great and fit well in the scene,
the thing that will have people reacting like that is just the age/video/ target market

thats fine .. we knew that , but i hope the song/act opens a few doors to 'legit' hardcore acts..

just trying to raise the profile of hardcore in the mainstream ..
.. oh and to make a few million on the journey ... wink wink..

apparently americans have a heartattack when they hear the word hardcore or rave on tv lol !!

i wanna hear more hardcore on mainstream radio

cheers for your comments ...

ant

2bcool2
Starting Member

United Kingdom
3 posts
Posted - 2009/10/05 :  19:26:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit 2bcool2's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Meathead:

EDIT

Just watched the video, he almost gets his voice as high as yours. Guess his balls haven't dropped yet either.

HA HA HA HAH AH AH AHAH !! ..... some major ball crunching is needed for dem high notes !!
.. he also gets those multi backflips from me (het - hem ..cough cough !!)

Meathead
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
4,217 posts
Posted - 2009/10/05 :  19:50:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meathead's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by 2bcool2:
quote:
Originally posted by Meathead:

EDIT

HA HA HA HAH AH AH AHAH !! ..... some major ball crunching is needed for dem high notes !!
.. he also gets those multi backflips from me (het - hem ..cough cough !!)

Yous got skills man! lol Gotta admit i thought someone was taking the piss when i first read this topic but it would seem not. I think Torpex has a point about the proffesionalism of the whole affair, kinda threw me a bit. Anyway, good luck with it mate!

"Music creates order out of chaos; for rhythm imposes unanimity upon the divergent, melody imposes continuity upon the disjointed, and harmony imposes compatibility upon the incongruous." -Sir Yehudi Menuhin

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2009/10/05 :  19:56:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage
well, best of luck with the venture!

out of interest
could you elaborate on

"please support rebuilding hardcore"

Wilky
Banned

United Kingdom
6,198 posts
Posted - 2009/10/05 :  19:59:46  Show profile  Visit Wilky's homepage
Im also up for more hardcore on the radio but not squeaky high pitched preteens. We have enough of your squawking **** anymore

http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/wilky

This post was made by Spunk Licker
who is currently on your ignore list .
Display this post.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 4 pages long: 1  2  3  4
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.39 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page