Total online 1808
 Radio listeners 179+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Ant Johnson promoting HARDCORE TEEN ACT !
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 4

Author Thread  
Jester MC

Canada
284 posts
Jester MC has attended 9 events
Posted - 2009/10/20 :  17:27:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Jester MC's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by MAtRiCks:
quote:
Originally posted by Jester MC:
i mind that the commercial sound is being aimed at CHILDREN who then will miss out on all the other interpretations of hardcore, and loose the ability to decide themselves what they like.

The kids who are exposed to commercialized Hardcore probably wouldn't have been exposed to Hardcore in the first place if it weren't for the commercial side. You should be thankful for that, and understand that some of these kids will eventually make their own researches and discover the other facets of Hardcore. The other kids who won't just plain don't like Hardcore enough and probably only listen to it to follow the trend, so who cares if they only listen to the commercial stuff?

Regarding Ant Johnson's track, I'm not a fan of the kid's singing, but I think it's an honorable project.

i get what your saying, but this IS america where talking about...is there even any commercial hardcore? so far everyone in the scene to date to my knowledge got into it by being shown the music by a friend and/or being dragged to a rave. in either case a) they're not being shown just, if any commercial hardcore and b) they're getting exposed to all other 'rave' music. i.e. jungle/dnb, hardstyle, gabber, hard dance/trance, trance. ect. (btw i wouldnt put that discription in the 'rave music' thread, its just what gets played at 'raves' so it gets the point across)
this means that lets even say a large majority of people get into hardcore the same time as 'raving' in general, and get a wide range of sounds and experiences at the same time. i just dont see that happening if someone watches a couple of cheese ass music video's of heavily quoted "hardcore" before getting information/exposure to hardcore or any sister genre e.g jungle or gabber. AND if they DO become interested because of stuff like sky walker then the momentum of hardcore will slip further down the commercial path as we all know and this website is a testiment to, what we hear first is usually what stays our favorites.

again i get your point matrics and Ant Johnson's motives/reasons for this project and they are galant. i just dont agree with the outcome.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
MAtRiCks
Advanced Member

Canada
1,059 posts
MAtRiCks has attended 1 event
Posted - 2009/10/20 :  23:11:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MAtRiCks's homepage  Reply with quote
^^^
Yeah, the idea of Commercial Hardcore is pretty much non-existant over here in america, and what can be considered commercial in the UK is quite underground over here. The point of view I expressed concerned the main UK musical scene only, since over here in America, people learn about Hardcore at raves, in a completely different context.

Edited by - MAtRiCks on 2009/10/20 23:11:57
xMx

United States
94 posts
Posted - 2009/10/21 :  20:53:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit xMx's homepage  Reply with quote
This is a joke right?
Not that this kid will ever get popular, but you DO NOT want Hardcore to become an active part of the younger generation in America. Maybe in small groups, but across the board.. oh my god, OH MY GOD. If anybody here is dealing with "Jerking" - That new dance all the kids are doing, they know how bad this could be. Imagine all of the kids in America -shuffling- Oh my god. NO.
NO.
THIS CANNOT BE ALLOWED TO HAPPEN.
WHERE IS 'THE ADVOCATOR' WHEN WE NEED HIM?

Lorenzo.Tweakn
Advanced Member

United States
1,327 posts
Lorenzo.Tweakn has attended 2 events
Posted - 2009/10/22 :  00:25:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lorenzo.Tweakn's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by xMx:
Imagine all of the kids in America -shuffling-

it would be better than having girls dance like theyre skanks.

damo.2008

Western Sahara
149 posts
Posted - 2009/10/22 :  00:49:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit damo.2008's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by damo.2008:
no offense , but what a pile of shit.

Actually i take it back , the first track is quite good and hes not a bad vocalist , it's the second track i dont like the one thats in a different language i didn't listen to the skywalker one . Because i thought the other one was crap i assumed this one would , but this one is actually good .

So yeah i take it back lol and i shouldn't of said shit lol , boring is the word but the first one aint ...

damo.2008

Western Sahara
149 posts
Posted - 2009/10/22 :  00:55:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit damo.2008's homepage  Reply with quote
im just thinking that its a good idea to get more teens liking hardcore because not many can produce and think about it , the producers you see now wont be here or wont be doing much hardcore producing in a few years time and all the teenagers will be older then so there will become less and less hardcore . So it is a good idea really because in a few years there wont be much hardcore produced , well most hardcore now is all that clubland shit and stuff like ultra beat and darren styles it's all commercial now , so yeah .

Great idea !!

D-tor
Advanced Member

United States
1,143 posts
Posted - 2009/10/22 :  03:02:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit D-tor's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
i mind that the commercial sound is being aimed at CHILDREN who then will miss out on all the other interpretations of hardcore, and loose the ability to decide themselves what they like.

The kids who are exposed to commercialized Hardcore probably wouldn't have been exposed to Hardcore in the first place if it weren't for the commercial side. You should be thankful for that, and understand that some of these kids will eventually make their own researches and discover the other facets of Hardcore. The other kids who won't just plain don't like Hardcore enough and probably only listen to it to follow the trend, so who cares if they only listen to the commercial stuff?

Regarding Ant Johnson's track, I'm not a fan of the kid's singing, but I think it's an honorable project.

I was exposed to Hardcore by commercial stuffs.

My parents got XM radio and I fell in love with BPM on channel 81 for about a year...
I heard a Basshunter song that I loved (Now You're Gone)
Saw that Basshunter made a Dota song and bought the LOL <(^^,)> CD.
Was on Youtube and came across Pretty Rave Girl by S3RL with that similar tune to Dota...

and the rest was history. Now I like the Hardcore stuff on vinyl. ^^

@xMx:
Oh gawd. You're a Jerk is bad enough, but people are still having "dance-offs" at school. It's saddening. Whenever I hear that song I swear, any Hardcore producer can make that simple of a beat in his sleep. >.>

xMx

United States
94 posts
Posted - 2009/10/22 :  11:28:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit xMx's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by D-tor:
quote:
quote:

I was exposed to Hardcore by commercial stuffs.

My parents got XM radio and I fell in love with BPM on channel 81 for about a year...
I heard a Basshunter song that I loved (Now You're Gone)
Saw that Basshunter made a Dota song and bought the LOL <(^^,)> CD.
Was on Youtube and came across Pretty Rave Girl by S3RL with that similar tune to Dota...

and the rest was history. Now I like the Hardcore stuff on vinyl. ^^

@xMx:
Oh gawd. You're a Jerk is bad enough, but people are still having "dance-offs" at school. It's saddening. Whenever I hear that song I swear, any Hardcore producer can make that simple of a beat in his sleep. >.>

More like "Jerk-Offs" Hah hah haaaaa.

glitzandglowz

Australia
95 posts
glitzandglowz has attended 4 events
Posted - 2009/10/24 :  09:52:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit glitzandglowz's homepage  Reply with quote
Im going to call ******** on this whole thing.

I think the first post is a fake.

I think the myspace website is a crock.

I am 100% convinced that all of this is false.

And I think that this version is perfection from start to end:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40QKr-Pe7lk

No problems with someone supporting an up-and-comer, no problems with the age thing...
BIG PROBLEM WITH RIPPING OFF DARWIN.

D-tor
Advanced Member

United States
1,143 posts
Posted - 2009/10/24 :  18:41:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit D-tor's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by glitzandglowz:

No problems with someone supporting an up-and-comer, no problems with the age thing...

I was under the impression that since Ant Johnson wrote the lyrics, and since he's supporting Skywalkr, Skywalkr had permission to sing the lyrics.

Also, I don't think Skywalkr does anything production-wise, so how could he be ripping off Darwin?

If I'm wrong here, someone else shed some light on this.

Dain-Ja
Advanced Member

Canada
1,983 posts
Dain-Ja has attended 11 events
Posted - 2009/10/24 :  19:56:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dain-Ja's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:

I was under the impression that since Ant Johnson wrote the lyrics, and since he's supporting Skywalkr, Skywalkr had permission to sing the lyrics.

Also, I don't think Skywalkr does anything production-wise, so how could he be ripping off Darwin?

Yeah, I think the guy you're quoting is clueless

It's a pretty safe bet that Darwin engineered this track, that Ant Johnson wrote the lyrics and that this Skywalkr kid resung them.

Visit makemeRUSH.com for music from the ONLY North American hardcore label pressing vinyl!

FREE track every Monday: http://www.rushdeliveryrecords.com/?p=229

D-tor
Advanced Member

United States
1,143 posts
Posted - 2009/10/25 :  01:18:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit D-tor's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dain-Ja:
quote:
quote:

It's a pretty safe bet that Darwin engineered this track, that Ant Johnson wrote the lyrics and that this Skywalkr kid resung them.

Yeah, that's for sure.

I actually checked the video on YouTube again, "New life was written by ant johnson & Darwin in our England studios."

glitzandglowz

Australia
95 posts
glitzandglowz has attended 4 events
Posted - 2009/10/25 :  07:06:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit glitzandglowz's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yeah, that's for sure.

I actually checked the video on YouTube again, "New life was written by ant johnson & Darwin in our England studios."

*sigh* ...

You know when people say "This song is being ruined by the hardcore remix!" and you reply: "No it's not, it's better than the orginal," ?

...I finally know how they feel.

Project-Industrial
Advanced Member

Netherlands
2,481 posts

33 hardcore releases
Project-Industrial has attended 24 events
Posted - 2009/10/25 :  10:16:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Project-Industrial's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yeah, that's for sure.

*sigh* ...

You know when people say "This song is being ruined by the hardcore remix!" and you reply: "No it's not, it's better than the orginal," ?

...I finally know how they feel.

gotta agree wif glitzandglow ere :) never been a big fan of the hardcore remixes of rnb songs anyway =]

http://www.project-industrial.com
http://www.discogs.com/label/Furious+Monkey+Records
http://www.furiousmonkeyrecords.com/

Ukronic

Denmark
89 posts
Posted - 2009/10/26 :  13:46:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ukronic's homepage  Reply with quote
where is the video?

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 4 pages long: 1  2  3  4
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.12 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page