Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Question on todays happyhardcore....
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 6

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
weba_d
Advanced Member

Australia
789 posts
weba_d has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/08/19 :  15:58:32  Show profile Send a private message  Visit weba_d's homepage
why has happyhardcore changed so much over the years, i've only just really noticed... i dont listen to much new hhc, i like old 96' stuff, but after buying bonkers rezurrection, i relised hixxy and sharky just dont sound the same ne more.. what does everyone else think about this issue??.. can we help change it back to the happy melody days... isnt that what happyhardcore is all about???

'what goes up must come down'... so keep popin!!!!

WEBA D

Alert moderator
Brian K
Advanced Member

United States
8,663 posts

528 hardcore releases
Brian K has attended 5 events
Posted - 2002/08/19 :  16:48:31  Show profile  Send a private message
why should hixxy & sharkey sound the same? what's wrong with people having their own identifiable style of hardcore?

"Cuz I'm hardcore, heavyweight, magical man."

Alert moderator Go to top of page
kg4
Advanced Member

United States
802 posts

36 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/08/19 :  17:08:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit kg4's homepage
sharkey does the whole freeform thing now :) and hixxy.. i donno whats with his style... its just trancey hardcore is all...

Oh man, I hope I didn't brain my damage...

virus
Advanced Member

Canada
4,346 posts

716 hardcore releases
virus has attended 41 events
Posted - 2002/08/19 :  18:00:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit virus's homepage
quote:
why has happyhardcore changed so much over the years

it's changed alot less then it has in the past.. hardcore is one of the most quickly progressing genres that i know of. Be it good or bad, it will always progress and change. Listen to a song from 92, and then one from 95, the tempo increased about 20/30 BPM, along with full on vocals, and pianos. Then listen to a 95 song and a 97 song, stompy kicks, offbeat stabs, original vocalists.. faster yet. Hardcore is one of the few genres which you can listen to a song, and fairly accuratly guess what year it was produced in.

hardcoreteckno

Australia
65 posts
Posted - 2002/08/19 :  18:29:44  Show profile  Send a private message
quote:
Originally posted by virus:
quote:
why has happyhardcore changed so much over the years

it's changed alot less then it has in the past.. hardcore is one of the most quickly progressing genres that i know of. Be it good or bad, it will always progress and change. Listen to a song from 92, and then one from 95, the tempo increased about 20/30 BPM, along with full on vocals, and pianos. Then listen to a 95 song and a 97 song, stompy kicks, offbeat stabs, original vocalists.. faster yet. Hardcore is one of the few genres which you can listen to a song, and fairly accuratly guess what year it was produced in.

not to mention the onset of "widespread" Trance-Core that has virtually 'fused' with HappyHard

Classic happy Hardcore Techno Anthems

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2002/08/20 :  07:26:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage
I think this year HHC has improved ALOT, i mean, there are loads of top qauilty tunes out now, e.g all stuff on KFA, Raw Elements, ATM, Pahse 4, Masterwax etc.....
I'm thinking this year (if the same qauilty tunes will carry on to be released) is as good as 98.

Xenochrome
Advanced Member

United States
2,645 posts
Xenochrome is a site donation subscriber Xenochrome has attended 5 events
Posted - 2002/08/20 :  09:04:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Xenochrome's homepage
I think that Hardcore needs to change and evolve in order to progress. I'm all for it as long as the energy and vibe remain intact.

HaPPy i LuV Da HaRdCorE
Average Member

Australia
162 posts
Posted - 2002/08/20 :  23:36:00  Show profile  Send a private message
HappyHard does need to progress but keeping the old there is also good because even tho its the same style of music it varies and that slight change can b awesome to some but others may not like it.
I say change and it will progress...

Aim for the moon, even if u miss you'll land among the stars...

zarlon

Canada
94 posts
Posted - 2002/08/21 :  00:54:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit zarlon's homepage
It's changed over the years, because everything changes with time.

Honestly, how much fun would you have if everyone stayed the same throughout their whole life?

It's progressed and evolved over the years, developing a new sound, as any genre can be expected to do. For a while I too thought "make it like it used to be", but instead of just re-creating the old why not tie in elements of something new?

Re-doing it all, over and over, without adding anything new or changing the sound.. blah. I love those tracks as well.. I notice each producer has a somewhat different feel to their tunes..

*shrug*

peace :)

dj genocide
Starting Member

United Kingdom
1 post
Posted - 2002/08/21 :  03:16:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit dj genocide's homepage
Its good that the music is becoming so diverse. Im not keen on all of it, but at Future Dance events you hear the tance styles, gabba and happy stuff all in the same room, hopefully this will soon incoporate the reakbeat sound as well.

Freeze fm 92.7 Wednesdays 6-8pm

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2002/08/21 :  07:46:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage
I really so love the KFA stuff :) And Phase 4 stuff :)
The KFA stuff really is top notch, especially The Erb 2002.

Xenochrome
Advanced Member

United States
2,645 posts
Xenochrome is a site donation subscriber Xenochrome has attended 5 events
Posted - 2002/08/21 :  09:34:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Xenochrome's homepage
I love that there are so many different styles now. It gives the DJ more oppurtunity to "work" a set, incorporating different sounds to really build the energy to a climax.

StrifeII
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,143 posts
StrifeII is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2002/08/21 :  13:03:59  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit StrifeII's homepage
Double post matt, ARGH!!! I think we shouldnt have changed into trance and shouldve kept the cheese. trance sucks. cheese live on! god damn if i had to sit in a bath of shit for a day to save ardcore i'd do it.

If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?

Brian K
Advanced Member

United States
8,663 posts

528 hardcore releases
Brian K has attended 5 events
Posted - 2002/08/21 :  13:37:37  Show profile  Send a private message
ummm, i don't even want to start to think about how many diseases you could get from that =P

the only thing i can think about is that episode of jackass where the guy gets flipped upside down while in a port-a-potty...ick =/

"Cuz I'm hardcore, heavyweight, magical man."

Charco
Advanced Member

Ireland
1,979 posts
Charco has attended 4 events
Posted - 2002/08/22 :  00:52:25  Show profile  Send a private message
change is good- but is it possible to do so AND keep the unique sounds of happy hardcore going?
What happens if someone changes it....for the worse? slowly butt surely: happy hardcore would die off, it kept going for as long as it did because of what it is.
i say shange...but not too much....

freedom to all who believe!!

Go Here: http://www.ionosphere.co.uk or here: http://www.sbthq.net . Happy? You should be!! And of course: My tunes: http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?songs=230636&T=6580

ac slater

United States
89 posts
ac slater is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2002/08/22 :  01:37:27  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit ac slater's homepage
i love hardcore right now! there are so many styles to choose from. Trancy, Ruff, Full on vocal, Breakbeat, Old Skool(ish), Freeform, Gabberish. Imagine where we would be without progression...look what happened around 98/99! Hardcore basically disappeared because it was all the same. Variety is good, and so is progression. Keep on rockin :)

ac

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 6 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 2 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page