Question on todays happyhardcore....
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 6

Author Thread  
Alex_In_Wonderland

United Kingdom
104 posts
Posted - 2002/08/25 :  13:26:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
I think that it's great that the scene has progressed so much over the years, but I really really do not like the fact that a lot of producers are churning out "trancecore" now days. IMO if the scene carries on sliding into a more trancey sound it will lose it's unique identity that has made it so appealing for so long.

Alex.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
atomicb
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts

60 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/08/25 :  16:49:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
I know *exacly* what you mean. Put in the dj sy 'old skool' disk from bonkers in the first, loved every damn second of it. Put in the sharkey one 'hmmmm' , then the hixxy one 'hmmmmmmm'

Truth is, haven't decided yet if I like where HH is going. Also, am I right in saying sharkey is hardcore more than HHC (justy know someone is going to rip me about this :S) and hmm.. hardcore I get the impression I'd love it in a big rave, but in my room, it's just.. hmmmmm I'm nto too sure about this. The old skool stuff from 97/97 (some older) and master wax stuff, I love, and will happily bounce along to in my own room, on my own.

The new stuff was a bit of shock to my system, because well I'd been living in my own world with HH, as I didn't know anyone else that liked it, so I what I heard was all I heard :)

It's opend my eyes, but I haven't decided if I like it or not :D

But some new records I know I like, and they keep my faith in it:

MS1 - till the day... sweet dude, sweet :D
MS2 - Konomama - also very sweet, this is the greatest song I've heard in years. The a side has the balance of cheesy/happy/hardcore just right. I love it, and have heard it so many times I hear it in my dreams :D
Deep Inside - I'm sure some of you hate it, I'm not over keen on the other raver baby releases, but somehow this one just catches the eurphoric feel that I crave from happy hardcore :)

I know it's an over used, coined phrase, but I don't care:

'hardcore will never die'

How will you know if there's anything better if you don't try to look for it?
and change it back? No need my man - see the records above, the vibe you descirbe is still alive. Bear in mind that perhaps others didn't like the old stuff and think where it's at today is better, The scene is diverse enough to keep both of you happy, and united under the label of 'ardcore :D

Because it's such a small the scene the community is great, and I've only had a taster of it.

anyway it's a bit late, I'm babbling, excuse me :)

virtigo

United Kingdom
273 posts
Posted - 2002/08/26 :  00:14:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit virtigo's homepage  Reply with quote
I think that the Hardcore that is being released today is amongst the best Hardcore that has ever been released. Remeber what we are up against, the trance scene, the house scene and not to mention the mainstreme.

Hardcore really is going somewere. Yeah hardcore has changed considerably since the begining but I all believe that its for the best. I loved 96. Club Kinetic and the superb hardcore that was spinning at 180bpm+. It was amazing! But you have to remember that we cant live in the past. If I had the choice of whether I wanted hardcore to stay as it is now getting bigger and better by the day with more quality tunes and music being produced, or to go back to how it was in 96, I'll stick with how it is now.

You hear MC's on the hardcore stages everywhere saying 'Hardcore will never die', that has never been more true. We went through our bad patch in late 99 into 2000. we've come through that with flying colours. Surely this is a sign to everyone else from anywhere in the world from any other music genre, Hardcore is here to stay and were gonna get bigger and better!!!

Hixxy's music now is well produced quality music. trancy yes but regardless, its still hardcore. Sharkey is still playing what he's been playing since 98 really. His style hasn't really changed a great deal!

Hardcore in 2002 has hit the top. It has progressed so much that organisations such as Dreamscape and Helter Skelter are making Hardcore comebacks. This is another sign that hardcore is coming back and its coming back better than most of us here on this forum realise. So lets stop trying to put OUR scene down and work together to make sure we never go away! Go to raves, buy the music, listen and love the hardcore. It isn't a hard thing to do. Lets work together eh!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~
Andy 'DJ' Virtigo

Midway_raver
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,032 posts
Midway_raver has attended 2 events
Posted - 2002/08/26 :  15:14:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
i think theres both an up side and a downside, i would say at the moment hardcore is the most orginal and freshest genre about at the moment aswell as fasting growing, people who have been out the scene for time have began listening/buying attending, people are being introduced thru teh freeform getting into hhc/nu style etc and teh scene is growing agen. Admitdly i think 92-96 years will never be beaten for tuneage that was released then but teh new stuff is also great since ive been buying it and spinning it ive got alot more into it, the diversity is what keeps peopel interested.

If u go to a trance/house event ull prob here the same tunes caned by all teh dj's in the hardcore rooms now, u get that but u get so many styles mixed up u never get bored.

I think as long as happy hardcore is fun, original, fast , hard and happy it truly will never die.l I mean howmany other genres have lasted 10 years and revived itself to become at the forefront again....

Like a bolt of lightning it's so frightning..Get ur brain now we're igniting

kg4
Advanced Member

United States
802 posts

36 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/08/26 :  15:53:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit kg4's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Midway_raver:
I mean howmany other genres have lasted 10 years and revived itself to become at the forefront again....

swing :D

Oh man, I hope I didn't brain my damage...

Amber-Jade
Average Member

United Kingdom
211 posts
Posted - 2002/08/27 :  01:31:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote

But wouldn't everyone be happy if just some producers continued to make '96 style tunes? I know I would :)

.·´¯`°*º¤ ^Å^ ¤º*°´¯`·.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just close your eyes, and dream with me, you'll hear the sound of muzik

weba_d
Advanced Member

Australia
789 posts
weba_d has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/08/27 :  02:52:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit weba_d's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Amber-Jade:

But wouldn't everyone be happy if just some producers continued to make '96 style tunes? I know I would :)

.·´¯`°*º¤ ^Å^ ¤º*°´¯`·.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just close your eyes, and dream with me, you'll hear the sound of muzik

YES YES YES I AGREE, MAYBE JUST A MINOR NEW RELEASE WOULD GO OFF!!!

what goes up must come down...so keep popin!!!

WEBA D

weba_d
Advanced Member

Australia
789 posts
weba_d has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/10/23 :  20:42:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit weba_d's homepage  Reply with quote
does ne one agree?

WEBA D

Simon
Advanced Member

Belgium
5,001 posts
Simon has donated money to the site Simon has attended 5 events
Posted - 2002/10/24 :  00:59:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Simon's homepage  Reply with quote
Of course some of us do like myself however I only feel if Hardcore didn't change so much so frequently then it might have died out a long time ago :)

Sy.

Agent_Double_EE

Canada
59 posts
Posted - 2002/10/24 :  01:08:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Agent_Double_EE's homepage  Reply with quote
Its all good good! I feel its the only genre out there that can evolve and still keep such a tight close following...but then again...

I HAPPY HARDCORE!

Haeobogoblin
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
505 posts

50 hardcore releases
Haeobogoblin has attended 6 events
Posted - 2002/10/24 :  01:46:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Haeobogoblin's homepage  Reply with quote
Change is good...some change better than others, but music styles changeing must be a good sign.
If music styles never changed there would be no hardcore, and probably all be listening to classical music or some shit :p

"Just because I have a head shaped like an amusing pile of mashed potato, doesn't mean I'm not sophisticated"

silver
Admin

Japan
12,548 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2002/10/24 :  02:30:07  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage  Reply with quote
But what do you think of the new e-plus stuff?

----------------------------------
you, me and hardcore forever.

strychnine
Advanced Member

Australia
2,268 posts

92 hardcore releases
strychnine has attended 2 events
Posted - 2002/10/24 :  04:29:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit strychnine's homepage  Reply with quote
'definition of a bad boy' - top track. it's trancey while maintaining its hardcore-ness. if this is where trancecore's heading then i like it - i find some of the rb/jb stuff just a little too close to being simply fast trance.

number2301

Virgin Islands (US)
408 posts
Posted - 2002/10/24 :  09:23:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit number2301's homepage  Reply with quote
I have to say I think that Sy CD on Bonkers 8 is terrible! No fault of Sy though.

Since when did Hixxy and Sharkey sound the same anyway? Listen to Bonkers 2 and they're really different!

-------------------------
Number 2301 is godverdomme het HARDSTE!

'Living in my world is easy, there is only peace, love and ... ecstacy'

pacman
Advanced Member

Australia
1,132 posts

190 hardcore releases
pacman has attended 8 events
Posted - 2002/10/24 :  15:18:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit pacman's homepage  Reply with quote
i'm not a huge fan of the new e-plus stuff. sure some of the tunes are pretty rockin', but they all sound the same! every tune uses the same sounds, the similar breakdowns and the same 'kicking in'....
quote:
. Also, am I right in saying sharkey is hardcore more than HHC (justy know someone is going to rip me about this :S)

Sharkey plays freeform - and he's always been more into this side of hardcore!

quote:

very much so... this is my favourite sound and i love the stuff storm is doing at the moment. ATM and raindance records are putting out some wicked tunes.

when i start producing i'll be writing this style, just with a newish touch. they can't make exactly the style of tunes that were made then - it's extremely hard to do.

drugs is not the answer... drugs? is the question... yes is the answer

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 6 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.48 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page