Page: 
of 3

Author Thread  
Charco
Advanced Member

Ireland
1,979 posts
Charco has attended 4 events
Posted - 2002/09/04 :  04:10:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
scooter hasn't necessarily left the scene.....after all:
Why would he therefor play in a venue full of happy hardcore dj's???
if u dont know what im on about...Planet Love::::::
Tizer,
Slipmatt,
X-Ray,
Binman,
Sci,
Hixxy,

Hardcore...here today......tomorrow.........forever!!!!!
Why argue who does what and settle with the fact that we all enjoy the best music out there??? everyones entitled to there own opinions.........keep them to yourself if u cant stand others opinions.....

Wheeeee

freedom to all who believe!!

Go Here: http://www.ionosphere.co.uk or here: http://www.sbthq.net . Happy? You should be!! And of course: My tunes: http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?songs=230636&T=6580

Alert moderator Go to top of page
DJ Mouse
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,687 posts
DJ Mouse has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/09/04 :  04:27:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by virtigo:

Hixxy is a fantastic DJ.

well said. his mixing wasn't all that in the early days but just listen to him now on bonkers 8 and he's totally improved (note he starts all the tunes on the cd at the start of the mix,that's him saying hey i can mix now hehe) but on a serious note,i wouldn't be the dj i am now if it wasn't for him influencing me. and some of the tunes he's knocking out like you said are just brilliant. so it might be more trancy than hardcore but i like it.

--------------------------------------------------
"Don't frown when someone annoys you, it uses 42 muscles. Bitch-slap the fu©ker, it only uses 4"

DJ Mouse

DjMoNkEyBoY

United States
115 posts

21 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/09/04 :  14:06:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DjMoNkEyBoY's homepage  Reply with quote
Now, I've only heard a few songs from Scooter, so maybe I'm not as knowledgeable as some of you guys are. All I have to say, is that the songs I've heard are crap.
They are way to repetitive and boring.
Anybody ever heard: Let me your valentine???

Dj MoNkEyBoY
Founder of Monkeyshine Inc.

Keep it Real!

Keep it Happy!

Keep it Hardcore!

Keep it Real!

Keep it Happy!

Keep it Hardcore!

Love Monkey

United Kingdom
113 posts
Posted - 2002/09/04 :  14:53:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DJ nimby:
what actually classifies something as 'hardcore' is there a set guidline or is it just an individual opinion? what makes the raver / jelly baby stuff hardcore? sounds like trance at a faster pace. but then we cant say anything over xBPM is hardcore because there is some fast techno, and drum n bass but we dont call that hardcore. theres even slow hardcore (IE newstyle) that we still call hardcore even though it is much slower than what others may consider hardcore.

so i guess that what im saying is why do people consider raver / jelly baby stuff to be hardcore when it has only speed in common with it and everything else in common with trance? is it just because its from hixxy who we just automatically associate with hardcore?

im pointless,
jared

Its the *vibe*. Extremely unscientific but you can usually tell what the person had in mind when they made the tune.

virus
Advanced Member

Canada
4,346 posts

716 hardcore releases
virus has attended 41 events
Posted - 2002/09/05 :  10:39:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit virus's homepage  Reply with quote
from jareds question:

i'd more associate hixxy's stuff with hardcore, cuz there is a audible progression in hardcore in the last few years towards that type of sound, and we all know hixxy, and associate him as part of the hardcore scene. With him playing at numerous events, and producing on numerous labels such as next gen, hecttech, kniteforce, which we all know as hardcore labels.

Amber-Jade
Average Member

United Kingdom
211 posts
Posted - 2002/09/05 :  11:51:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
quote:

Now, I've only heard a few songs from Scooter, so maybe I'm not as knowledgeable as some of you guys are. All I have to say, is that the songs I've heard are crap. They are way to repetitive and boring.

I completely agree :)

.·´¯`°*º¤ ^Å^ ¤º*°´¯`·.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just close your eyes, and dream with me, you'll hear the sound of muzik

Alex_In_Wonderland

United Kingdom
104 posts
Posted - 2002/09/05 :  16:19:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
I agree with Virus' earlier post. I don't class Scooter as happy hardcore. I'd class them more in line with the vengaboys etc. They produce tacky shite imo and deserve the same abuse as flip n fill for their outrage.

Alex.

tall_paul_smith
Starting Member

United Kingdom
1 post
Posted - 2002/09/06 :  06:15:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Scooter is mint what uz on about
Back in the UK is mint

Smithy

virus
Advanced Member

Canada
4,346 posts

716 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/09/06 :  07:30:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit virus's homepage  Reply with quote
if scooter was so "mint", then why doesnt any hardcore dj play his tunes at parties?

DJ Pathfinder
Advanced Member

Netherlands
1,676 posts

51 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/09/06 :  08:30:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Pathfinder's homepage  Reply with quote
scooter is here played allot but in the bobs turbo saloon or apress ski parties the ski hut :P

You can't see me,because i am the future.

DJ nimby

United States
49 posts
Posted - 2002/09/06 :  08:38:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ nimby's homepage  Reply with quote
i do dig that tom wilsom remix of back in the uk. if you dont wanna call that hardcore then i dont know what is

jared

virus
Advanced Member

Canada
4,346 posts

716 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/09/07 :  09:29:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit virus's homepage  Reply with quote
well tom wilson is a scottish(?) hardcore dj, so i would expect his remix to be hardcore

strychnine
Advanced Member

Australia
2,268 posts

92 hardcore releases
strychnine has attended 2 events
Posted - 2002/09/07 :  18:11:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit strychnine's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by virus:
if scooter was so "mint", then why doesnt any hardcore dj play his tunes at parties?

maybe not in your neck of the woods, but here in sydney a few of their tracks (back in the uk, friends, move your ass, endless summer) still get a nice chunk of airplay.

Brian K
Advanced Member

United States
8,663 posts

528 hardcore releases
Brian K has attended 5 events
Posted - 2002/09/07 :  18:31:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by virus:
well tom wilson is a scottish(?) hardcore dj, so i would expect his remix to be hardcore

yes he is scottish and i so miss his bonus beat sessions from the 94/95 era...

"Cuz I'm hardcore, heavyweight, magical man."

pacman
Advanced Member

Australia
1,132 posts

190 hardcore releases
pacman has attended 8 events
Posted - 2002/09/08 :  02:01:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit pacman's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
maybe not in your neck of the woods, but here in sydney a few of their tracks (back in the uk, friends, move your ass, endless summer) still get a nice chunk of airplay.

yeah and i hate to say it but i think our scene's a bit behind the times... people here still play alot of anthems, mainly coz they have to.

drugs is not the answer... drugs? is the question... yes is the answer

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.72 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page