Page: 
of 2

Author Thread  
Nick of Blaze!
Average Member

United Kingdom
196 posts
Nick of Blaze! is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2002/10/24 :  21:44:44  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Nick of Blaze!'s homepage  Reply with quote
Great stuff, but then I expected it from you guys! We have a tight scene here, where it's an open forum, so when there's important news, it's great that everyone knows so we're all a part of it. That's why I wanted to be first to tell you before it was suddenly a surprise. I had to wait until it was on their website, because it's not my business to say information like that.

Anyhoo, I spoke to Jo today, and she's incredibly grateful for the support from you guys. She understands that some may be disappointed that she's working with F&F, because they feel that they're ruining the scene, but she hopes you all understand that it's a great opportunity and she 'd be crazy not to take it.

Having said that, she also said that she's got no intention of leaving the scene, in fact quite the opposite. We're at the moment trying to get together to put down a couple of new tracks, but it's a bit manic on both sides, but it will happen.

I know the F&F debate will roll on ad nauseum, but I would just like to say a couple of things. Firstly, it has to be said that when I met them they had the utmost respect for the hardcore scene, and hearing fantastic tracks that had never really realised their true potential. This isnt the fault of anyone, it's just that in order to appeal to the industry you have to make them money, so they "repackaged" some of the great hardcore stuff we all love and said to the world "look what your missing out on because of these industry people that continue to ignore a great genre of music". Consequently, a whole new wave of people are listening to hardcore that they never knew even existed. So credit to F&F. They NEVER heard a hardcore track and wanted to rip it off, they did all the right things and licensed them correctly. Unlike when you think of all the hardcore rips that have been made, and I guarantee not a single one was lifted legitimately. The only reasons some producers don't get sued is because A) the tune generates so little money and B) The owners don't know of the rip in the first place.

Secondly, there seems to be a concensus of everyone wanting everyone to respect, listen and love hardcore, but not too many that would make it popular and commercial?? This doesn't make sense, but again, thanks to Flip & Fill, the industry and the media are listening. Consequently, they're willing to invest in new compilations recently because there seems to be money to be made. The only problem here is in my opinion, most HH compilations aren't diverse enough featuring just a couple of styles, so therefore, if people don't like that style, they wont buy the comp. The record company loses money and they don't release anymore. This is a pity because a compilation HAS to be diverse, otherwise it's an album, or collection rather than a compilation. You may only buy it because it has two unreleased KFA tracks, but if it's all one label or just a couple of DJ's then it wont sell as many. In the general industry, a compilation will feature all different tracks. The reason they work is because you may have thousands of people that love Daniel Bedingfield and thousands more that love Basement Jaxx. That's already thousands and thousands you appeal too. Times that by 20 or more tracks and that's why you'll appeal to 500K people. Out of those 500K, you'll get 30K to buy it. Profit made, you make the next one. Simple!

Anyway.... back OT

So, thank you guys for the support for Jo, and that just leaves the story about the guy in her local greengrocers who got into a conversation with her about having the original "Shooting Star" and how much better it was, and to this day, doesn't know it was that original vocalist he was speaking to...

Cheers, and sorry I had to mention Daniel Bedingfield,

Nick.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
strychnine
Advanced Member

Australia
2,268 posts

92 hardcore releases
strychnine has attended 2 events
Posted - 2002/10/24 :  23:19:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit strychnine's homepage  Reply with quote
*applauds*

Great post, Nick. I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that you and Jo are both welcome and deserving of our support in whatever you do. I for one can't wait for your new tracks - you haven't disappointed in the past, and I can't see that changing in the future. Keep up the good work!

toxic
Advanced Member

Australia
1,540 posts
toxic has attended 2 events
Posted - 2002/10/25 :  20:56:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit toxic's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by strychnine:
*applauds*

Great post, Nick. I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that you and Jo are both welcome and deserving of our support in whatever you do. I for one can't wait for your new tracks - you haven't disappointed in the past, and I can't see that changing in the future. Keep up the good work!

i second that

Crack another one !!!

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.09 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page