of 12

Author Thread  
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2012/02/04 :  08:23:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by PARTYSTORM:
Spent the full 13 on this, I thought I'd give it a go and see if I actually liked the tracks on there.
Pure disappointment.

I bought CLXH7 last year, and it was my first hardcore album I bought. I was literally blown away. The tunes on there were top quality!
Number 8 - nicer girl on the cover, but shite music.

~180bpm is too fast for mid range bass wobbles. It worked well on Gammer's 'Major Panic', but when you throw shedloads of these tunes in one mix? It doesn't work. Hardcore is kind of meant to be uplifting.

CD1: Pretty bad, about 4 fairly good songs on it. Even they weren't excellent.
CD2: Sorry Breezey, but it's utter shite. Go back to stuff like Rise Again!
CD3: Not too bad. I've gained respect for Hixxy and Re-Con, they're not pushing everything into the wobbly stuff. Unmixed though, disappointment :(

I wouldn't buy it personally. No Al Storm songs :(
Even Klubfiller is doing the wobbly tunes....

first you spend 13 pounds on it, and then you say you didn't (personally wouldn't) buy it?
And if Clubland XH 7 is your first hardcore combilation, you got alot of backtracking to do ;)

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Craigavon raver
Advanced Member

Ireland
2,207 posts
Craigavon raver has attended 1 event
Posted - 2012/02/04 :  17:51:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Craigavon raver's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by PARTYSTORM:
Spent the full 13 on this, I thought I'd give it a go and see if I actually liked the tracks on there.
Pure disappointment.

I bought CLXH7 last year, and it was my first hardcore album I bought. I was literally blown away. The tunes on there were top quality!
Number 8 - nicer girl on the cover, but shite music.

~180bpm is too fast for mid range bass wobbles. It worked well on Gammer's 'Major Panic', but when you throw shedloads of these tunes in one mix? It doesn't work. Hardcore is kind of meant to be uplifting.

CD1: Pretty bad, about 4 fairly good songs on it. Even they weren't excellent.
CD2: Sorry Breezey, but it's utter shite. Go back to stuff like Rise Again!
CD3: Not too bad. I've gained respect for Hixxy and Re-Con, they're not pushing everything into the wobbly stuff. Unmixed though, disappointment :(

I wouldn't buy it personally. No Al Storm songs :(
Even Klubfiller is doing the wobbly tunes....

Wats wobble tunes? the bassline and dub-step influenced tracks

Phobz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
893 posts

13 hardcore releases
Posted - 2012/02/04 :  17:56:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Phobz's homepage  Reply with quote
Yeah, they seem to call it wobble bass. Lol at the op: breeze cd... coaster / dartboard :)

Craigavon raver
Advanced Member

Ireland
2,207 posts
Craigavon raver has attended 1 event
Posted - 2012/02/04 :  18:19:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Craigavon raver's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Phobz:
Yeah, they seem to call it wobble bass. Lol at the op: breeze cd... coaster / dartboard :)

I take it that its different to the minimal stuff that was geting done about 2 years, heard abit of that stuff and didn't really like it, havn't heard any of this other stuff i don't think, so feel free to put a few examples up of ceh 8 so i can hear for myself lol

Phobz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
893 posts

13 hardcore releases
Posted - 2012/02/05 :  17:34:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Phobz's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bonkers4Life:
Was listening to CD 2 with a friend to show him how bad Hardcore has become. And at one point he was like "OMG is that a new Skrillex song?". Point Proven?

:)

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2012/02/05 :  18:47:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Phobz:
quote:
Originally posted by Bonkers4Life:
Was listening to CD 2 with a friend to show him how bad Hardcore has become. And at one point he was like "OMG is that a new Skrillex song?". Point Proven?

:)

Anyone know how hell Breeze's set on ILHB went? cause that should say somethinh...

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2012/02/05 :  19:03:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
I could only bring myself to listen to about ten minutes of it. Sounded as i expected it to, looked like the dancefloor was pretty full though.

rafferty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts
Posted - 2012/02/11 :  21:38:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit rafferty's homepage  Reply with quote
Sounds very similar to something I read on wikipeadia a while back. How the Breakbeat Hardcore scene of the South oh the UK hated the Bouncy Techno scene of the North during the early days and vice versa. And they would'nt book each other. Kinda stupid really, it's just music.
I'm not crazy about the whole Electro thing, but seems like it will end up being just another genre in the Hardcore scene. Won't take over, but won't die either. Will be just another type of Hardcore that is played by djs at raves. Means more variety so can't be all bad. Nothing more boring than hearing the same shit all night.
It's like woman, I like black woman, Asian women, Hispanic woman, White woman, Tall woman, Short, woman, Fat woman, Skinny women lol. Would get boring if they all looked the same.

Candy & anime was just a faze & a total embarrassment that everyone mocks and laughs at now.

Edited by - rafferty on 2012/02/11 21:39:49
Archefluxx
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,112 posts
Archefluxx has attended 2 events
Posted - 2012/02/11 :  22:04:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Archefluxx's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by rafferty:

It's like woman, I like black woman, Asian women, Hispanic woman, White woman, Tall woman, Short, woman, Fat woman, Skinny women lol. Would get boring if they all looked the same.

erm... really?

cruelcore1
Advanced Member

Croatia (Hrvatska)
1,485 posts
Posted - 2012/02/11 :  22:58:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit cruelcore1's homepage  Reply with quote
Starting Rock times it's always repeating.

Time of Rock: "Nowadays music is so bad. That rock is just noise and nothing more. Nobody listens to good casual music anymore."
Early times of EDM: "This Electronic is not even music. Nobody listens to those good Rock stuff."
2012: "Electronic genres are colliding. I hate commercial House minimal drops. I miss those old Electronic times."
10 years later: "I hate this modern popular 'artist1' style. It's so commercial and indifferent. I miss those old days of House minimal drops from 2012."

Edited by - cruelcore1 on 2012/02/11 23:03:40
Hirschi
Average Member

Germany
244 posts
Posted - 2012/02/11 :  23:31:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hirschi's homepage  Reply with quote
CD1 - 5/10
CD2 - 2/10 (what's with the disturbing sound effects?! it's like screaming in the library...)
CD3 - 6/10

Dys7
Advanced Member

United States
1,231 posts
Posted - 2012/02/11 :  23:53:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dys7's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by cruelcore1:

Time of Rock: "Nowadays music is so bad. That rock is just noise and nothing more. Nobody listens to good casual music anymore."
Early times of EDM: "This Electronic is not even music. Nobody listens to those good Rock stuff."
2012: "Electronic genres are colliding. I hate commercial House minimal drops. I miss those old Electronic times."
10 years later: "I hate this modern popular 'artist1' style. It's so commercial and indifferent. I miss those old days of House minimal drops from 2012."

If you call jazz casual, lol

---
The Spirit at the Edge of Infinity
Check out my cheesy fiddlings here:
http://soundcloud.com/dys7dj/

cruelcore1
Advanced Member

Croatia (Hrvatska)
1,485 posts
Posted - 2012/02/12 :  01:05:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit cruelcore1's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dys7:
quote:

If you call jazz casual, lol

Well... You know what I mean =) "not-rock"

rafferty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts
Posted - 2012/02/13 :  08:40:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit rafferty's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

Your very right, people don't like change, as much as I love oldskool dutch hardcore and wish it would come back, times change. It does'nt really bother me the duby minimal stuff in hardcore. As long as the crowds keep going sick to it, which they seem to be. Should'nt really matter.

Candy & anime was just a faze & a total embarrassment that everyone mocks and laughs at now.

MAtRiCks
Advanced Member

Canada
1,059 posts
MAtRiCks has attended 1 event
Posted - 2012/02/13 :  14:29:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MAtRiCks's homepage  Reply with quote
It's a bit sad to see less and less tracks on CXH being written in higher keys, with blatantly uplifting melodies. That used to be their forte, and part of what got them such mixed reviews on geek forums. There are still some like Satellite, Bright Like The Sun, Im Sorry and Open Your Eyes (the one from CD3), but they're rather few and far between!

Edited by - MAtRiCks on 2012/02/13 14:31:21

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 12 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 8  9  10  11  12
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 2.09 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page