Page: 
of 4

Author Thread  
The Doc
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,718 posts
The Doc has attended 1 event
Posted - 2012/06/10 :  23:51:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The Doc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by redwingz:
Picked up my copy from the HMV store in Chester yesterday. Im impressed, only had 1 listen but some real good tracks in there!

On a sidenote, I personally love the packaging.

Where you from Craig? I'm amazed its in the Chester store, years ago I could get loads of Hardcore CD's from there, but now your lucky to find the dance section!

Alert moderator Go to top of page
CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2012/06/14 :  14:53:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
HMV support for this release, although still not at a "every store has a copy" level, has been the best we've ever seen.

It was actually front-of-store under the "HMV Recommends" section in a few locations!

This is kind of a big deal for the genre, especially with projects to follow......

CDJay

redwingz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,483 posts
redwingz has attended 3 events
Posted - 2012/06/14 :  18:55:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit redwingz's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Doc:
quote:
Originally posted by redwingz:
Picked up my copy from the HMV store in Chester yesterday. Im impressed, only had 1 listen but some real good tracks in there!

On a sidenote, I personally love the packaging.

Where you from Craig? I'm amazed its in the Chester store, years ago I could get loads of Hardcore CD's from there, but now your lucky to find the dance section!

Im from Bolton but I was in Chester for the weekend so thought Id nip in HMV to see if they had it. Picked up the new Hospitality DnB album too.
The dance section is upstairs, right in the back right hand corner haha. there was 2 copies of which I bought 1 :)

http://www.trackitdown.net/recordlabel/111477/nsr-records.html

http://www.nsrrecords.co.uk

http://www.imodownload.com/NSR-Records

http://www.junodownload.com/labels/NSR

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2012/06/19 :  08:36:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
Hey guys. Sorry CDJay for the late feedback on this been busy preparing for HTID In The Sun. Currently at a local cafe in Madrid before I head back to the airport.

I'll come back to fill in more but for the most part I want to point out that the 2 tracks that stand out for me are Music Blocks and Hard To Find.

I think that Music Blocks is one of the most brilliant tracks ever made by Darwin & Fracus. It's not a traditional hardcore track, hell most of y'all wouldn't even consider it anywhere near hardcore, but it is definitely a track that was intelligently made. Lately it's hard for a non-vocal track to get as much attention as the overly vocal ones in hardcore, but I think Music Blocks is a track that I think would catch the interest of those who don't normally listen to the lesser known sides of EDM. It's one of the ones that constantly gets repeated on my phone.

With that said, Hard To Find has got to be my favorite from the album. It's so catchy, so positive, it reminds me of earlier hardcore that always left you with a good feeling. It's brilliantly done, and definitely sounds like something that wasn't just done randomly. And if you don't like it just because there is a male vocal on it, then get over yourselves. Seriously this sexism in hardcore vocals needs to stop. I get real tired when people such as wharped only have male vocals as an excuse not to like it. Sure female vocals are somewhat the tradition in hardcore tracks, but come on that's unfair. This track is very professionally done, the vocals are average but not terrible. It's one of, if not, the strongest tracks on the album.

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2012/06/21 :  18:49:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
Is this ever getting a digital release? I have listened to the previews and there's a couple of decent tracks that don't warrant a purchase of the full album from my point of view.

Shades
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,189 posts
Posted - 2012/06/22 :  17:45:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Shades's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
Is this ever getting a digital release? I have listened to the previews and there's a couple of decent tracks that don't warrant a purchase of the full album from my point of view.

it's like 7 quid.....

Edited by - Shades on 2012/06/22 17:46:00
Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2012/06/22 :  21:58:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
there's electro core on there and i flat out refuse to pay for it

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2012/06/23 :  07:17:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
Buying an album will only show that there's something on it that buyers like.
Buying as seperate tracks shows what the buyers really want.

I wouldn't mind getting the album on CD. But the probability of a digital release is huge (compared to Thumpa's CDs), I will buy it when it gets one, since I only listen to the music on my computer or walkman/ipod anyways...

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Shades
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,189 posts
Posted - 2012/06/23 :  09:01:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Shades's homepage  Reply with quote
ok......

so why can't you convert the CD to wav or mp3? why wait for a digital release?

not making an argument here, but you'll still have the physical cd if the pc crashes or you lose everything...

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2012/06/23 :  10:07:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Shades:
ok......

so why can't you convert the CD to wav or mp3? why wait for a digital release?

not making an argument here, but you'll still have the physical cd if the pc crashes or you lose everything...

and the same could be said about cd's, so you ARE making an argument.

If you think we are unreasonable, try talking my friend, who rather take a buss 30 minutes earlier and wait in the rain for another, instead of taking a buss and wait only 10 minutes in the rain :P

And if I could, I would rather buy the tracks directly from Fracus or Darwin instead.

Edited by - Samination on 2012/06/23 10:09:24
Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2012/06/23 :  10:53:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
If you think we are unreasonable, try talking my friend, who rather take a buss 30 minutes earlier and wait in the rain for another, instead of taking a buss and wait only 10 minutes in the rain :P

I can't make any sense of that lol, you're going to have to explain it again. Also, since you've made this mistake before: *bus.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2012/06/23 :  12:45:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
quote:

I can't make any sense of that lol, you're going to have to explain it again. Also, since you've made this mistake before: *bus.

that's because we call it buss in sweden :P
I don't really remember the details, but it was a rainy day, I was staying the night with another friend (not in a kinky way mind you!). This friend in question, wanted to take a bus(!) early to shop, but decided not to shop, but still wanted to take the same bus. We told him take a later bus so he wouldn't have to wait in the rain and cold for a long distance bus to his place. He and I kept arguing why it doesn't work (and I for it will work) and the mate I'm staying at is just laughing his ass of :P

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2012/06/23 :  15:21:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
First off, there almost certainly will be a digital release. It's just a question of when. In the case of Balancing Act it was around 8 months or so later.

Our focus remains physical products, CDs, preferably through brick and mortar stores, so the genre has some presence in the UK. This is increasingly important as the majors abandon first the genre then the format.

Digital is very important, going forward, and we know this. We have a sort-of-digital-only project, a "fun" one (!), which will hit in the next few months.

What I'm seeing here about not "paying" for a specific track or subgenre of track, is..... odd. The whole point of an artist album really is to showcase range and expression. It's almost a given that people will prefer different things, or take different things from it. Indeed individual tastes change; some people may look back on a mix or track and feel completely differently about it down the line for better or for worse. It's also not exactly a new phenomenon since I remember buying *loads* of vinyl for one side only. Or compilation CDs that contained tracks I didn't like, or already had on 20 other Cds, in order to hear new ones.

As for "electrocore"; anyone tagging "Music Blocks" as such and summarily dismissing it is making a written-in-the-sky-huge mistake but to each their own

The digital bundle is very unlikely to be any cheaper than the CD is. Buying individual tracks means that 5 will have cost you more than the CD in most cases.

At typically under 8 pounds, in a far from flooded market, I can't really fathom why anyone even partly interested would be skipping this. I *don't* say this sort of thing for hollow PR; each project feeds the next. We're ramping up a lot this year, there's a load more coming. We've already confirmed the CLSM album which will be announced formally next week and there's a bunch of stuff in close pursuit. Everything we're doing is being lovingly crafted, with a real view to rescuing great tracks from essential oblivion, moving things forward, properly presenting and pushing a genre that needs all the help it can get right now. Yet, each project depends on the last. It's a harsh climate to operate in, which admittedly we're more used to than most, heh, and every single sale makes a measurable difference in our ability to not just operate but operate effectively.

As per, the range of countries from which people are buying and talking about PONR is truly gratifying. So to those who have bought it..... thanks!

CDJay @ Hardcore Underground

Edited by - CDJay on 2012/06/23 15:25:52
Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2012/06/23 :  16:28:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
still haven't bought my copy yet - want to get it from HMV in lancaster, as I think thats our closest one and we're over in morcambe tomorrow so thats nice and close!

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2012/06/23 :  16:34:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
ugh. What is it with this "why no buy it?" attitude?
Don't like me for ignoring the CD release? Not my problem to be honest.
If I end up liking the WHOLE album and paying more? Tough luck to me. But it's still MY choice. But I would still pay the SAME amount, if it went to Fracus & Darwin directly.

Edited by - Samination on 2012/06/23 16:43:59

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 4 pages long: 1  2  3  4
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 2.73 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page