Fracus & Darwin - Point Of No Return - The Verdict
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 4

Author Thread  
HardcoreUnderground

United Kingdom
74 posts
Posted - 2012/05/31 :  15:14:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit HardcoreUnderground's homepage  Reply with quote
After some long and tedious phonecalls, we've come to the conclusion that if you ordered 'Point Of No Return' from Zavvi, you're probably better off cancelling your order if possible and getting international shipping from HMV instead.

Not sure exactly what the deal is, but it appears Zavvi are out of stock and we don't know when they will have more, so given that the majority of CDs are with HMV (who have been shipping reliably all week) we'd advise that as a quicker and safer option for mail order.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2012/05/31 :  23:34:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by HardcoreUnderground:
After some long and tedious phonecalls, we've come to the conclusion that if you ordered 'Point Of No Return' from Zavvi, you're probably better off cancelling your order if possible and getting international shipping from HMV instead.

Not sure exactly what the deal is, but it appears Zavvi are out of stock and we don't know when they will have more, so given that the majority of CDs are with HMV (who have been shipping reliably all week) we'd advise that as a quicker and safer option for mail order.

ugh! well this f**king sucks! Is there any chance that Darwin and/or Fracus can hand-deliver an album to me at HTID In The Sun??? If I order it again I run the risk of it getting here after my trip to Spain, and I was sort of hoping to have it before I leave! I know it's a ridiculous request, but hey it's worth a shot to ask lol

Claxton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,050 posts
Claxton has attended 3 events
Posted - 2012/06/01 :  21:31:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Claxton's homepage  Reply with quote
Having such high standards for Hardcore Underground and of Fracus & Darwin, anything they do is always going to be hard to live up to what came previous.

After listening to the clips for this I wasn't overly optimistic to be honest. However, now I have had chance to listen through the CD in it's entirety im impressed. Although not as much as 'Balancing Act' the album has depth and variety.

'Found a Groove' is track of the album for me. Other notable tracks are: Music Blocks, Snap!, Step Down and Chime.

There are other top track on there too but those stand out.

One majoy gripe though, and I knew I was going to have it bacause the last album was similar. When you have 17 tracks on One CD you are limiting the potential of each track. There is only so much you can do in 3-4 minutes. Its seems like music is squashed onto the album, many tracks not being DJ friendly what so ever.

I would much rather pay more and the tracks be spread over 2 discs.

Overall though, very impressed and I cant wait to collect my Hardcore Underground ep1 CD.

Ps. I've always thought this and I still maintain that Fracus & Darwin's solo material is better than their collabs.

Ps.s. I think they should be seperated on the next HU album again!!

Edited by - Claxton on 2012/06/01 21:44:11
wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2012/06/01 :  21:59:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:

Ps. I've always thought this and I still maintain that Fracus & Darwin's solo material is better than their collabs.

i agree 100%

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2012/06/03 :  15:33:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
I wouldn't mind a listen to be honest but i'm likely to wait until there's a digital release you can preview as i'm pretty jaded when it comes to these two and their names are not enough to make a physical purchase. I will say from the souncloud clips that there's a little too much whip-wap-wop-wop-wip-wop for me.

Edited by - Vladel on 2012/06/03 15:36:56
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2012/06/03 :  17:03:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
I wouldn't mind a listen to be honest but i'm likely to wait until there's a digital release you can preview as i'm pretty jaded when it comes to these two and their names are not enough to make a physical purchase. I will say from the souncloud clips that there's a little too much whip-wap-wop-wop-wip-wop for me.

funny enough, it wouldnt suprise me if i end up buying enough mp3s from the album to such extend that it was cheaper getting the physical copy :P

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2012/06/03 :  18:38:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:

funny enough, it wouldnt suprise me if i end up buying enough mp3s from the album to such extend that it was cheaper getting the physical copy :P

you pretty much will. Balancing Act was never released digitally as a bundled discount, just individual tracks. If you like at least half of the songs on there, then it's best that you just buy the album.

lurker
Average Member

United States
187 posts
Posted - 2012/06/03 :  21:20:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit lurker's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:

you pretty much will. Balancing Act was never released digitally as a bundled discount, just individual tracks. If you like at least half of the songs on there, then it's best that you just buy the album.

I got Balancing Act for $9.99 on iTunes. I'd call that a discount over buying each track individually for 99 cents.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2012/06/04 :  03:40:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
and it's on junodownload for 12.99 pounds (for wave)

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Edited by - Samination on 2012/06/04 03:40:30
Quicksilver
Advanced Member

Sweden
2,545 posts
Posted - 2012/06/05 :  00:15:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Quicksilver's homepage  Reply with quote
I want thiiiis!

My SOUNDCLOUD

MAtRiCks
Advanced Member

Canada
1,059 posts
MAtRiCks has attended 1 event
Posted - 2012/06/07 :  20:54:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MAtRiCks's homepage  Reply with quote
superb album!!

I just listened from A to Z, and didn't want to leave the room. The tracks are nicely varied, and there are some excellent reminders of the good old times with beautiful piano lines.

My favourites: Chime, Hard To Find, Standing In The Rain, Got The Rythm, Found A Groove.

Thank you! I wish we had more proper artist albums from Hardcore acts, I like encouraging a specific artist and enjoying their material in that format.

Edited by - MAtRiCks on 2012/06/07 20:54:30
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2012/06/07 :  23:22:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
Well I was gonna come home today and cancel my order from Zaavi, but they are just now charging me and shipping me for it lol. I was gonna ask Audioware to bring a copy to me while in Spain and I'll pay him back for him. Fat chance I'll be getting this album before I leave for HTID In The Sun, and probably Thumpa's album as well.

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2012/06/08 :  19:36:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by MAtRiCks:
Thank you! I wish we had more proper artist albums from Hardcore acts, I like encouraging a specific artist and enjoying their material in that format.

I think 2012 will probably be a good year, for you.

CDJay

redwingz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,483 posts
redwingz has attended 3 events
Posted - 2012/06/10 :  18:34:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit redwingz's homepage  Reply with quote
Picked up my copy from the HMV store in Chester yesterday. Im impressed, only had 1 listen but some real good tracks in there!

On a sidenote, I personally love the packaging.

http://www.trackitdown.net/recordlabel/111477/nsr-records.html

http://www.nsrrecords.co.uk

http://www.imodownload.com/NSR-Records

http://www.junodownload.com/labels/NSR

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2012/06/10 :  18:44:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
Will manage a proper review eventually. But for now i'll just say i'm suitably impressed. Best thing so far for me is that it sounds like an album, not just a collection of tracks. And that i really like!

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 4 pages long: 1  2  3  4
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.39 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page