Page: 
of 3

Author Thread  
Phobz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
893 posts

13 hardcore releases
Posted - 2013/03/29 :  18:59:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Phobz's homepage  Reply with quote
Hmmm

That could be part of the reason - I think it's repeating.

Edit: Hang on I just noticed there is 2 font tags in the same section. One saying size=2 then later a new <font...> appears with size=1. That's certainly not correct.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - Phobz on 2013/03/29 19:03:29
Phobz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
893 posts

13 hardcore releases
Posted - 2013/03/29 :  19:16:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Phobz's homepage  Reply with quote

After checking this again just now it's changed. Maybe they get bigger with the last few posts. I think it's something to do with the end tags though.

Edited by - Phobz on 2013/03/29 19:26:43
silver
Admin

Japan
12,548 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2013/03/30 :  06:12:08  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage  Reply with quote
You can point all you like at the HTML the forum core was built when HTML 3 was standard and in a hurry so it is not the best, but I dont have time to re-write it.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2013/03/30 :  09:28:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
so HTML3 allowed tags without ending tags, except for list?

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

DJ Hellfury
Advanced Member

Austria
2,237 posts
DJ Hellfury has attended 7 events
Posted - 2013/03/30 :  09:30:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Hellfury's homepage  Reply with quote
Isnt it possible to select a few trustworthy members on here to fix some code issues after server backups were made?

Hardcore Shows Soundcloud
Hellfury Soundcloud
Label Bandcamp

Phobz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
893 posts

13 hardcore releases
Posted - 2013/03/30 :  10:07:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Phobz's homepage  Reply with quote
I agree with Hellfury... a find and replace would be a quick fix.

silver
Admin

Japan
12,548 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2013/03/30 :  13:15:09  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage  Reply with quote
Firstly the entire forum / site needs to be CCS-ized, tables changed to DIVs and most of the code minimized, it is a massive massive task.

Any takers?

DJ Hellfury
Advanced Member

Austria
2,237 posts
Posted - 2013/03/30 :  13:31:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Hellfury's homepage  Reply with quote
would be great is 2 guys work on this one but if noone feels fit enough we may can hire professionals to rebuild forum based on crowdfunding.

Hellfury Soundcloud
Label Bandcamp

Phobz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
893 posts

13 hardcore releases
Posted - 2013/03/30 :  14:20:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Phobz's homepage  Reply with quote
I'd be willing to give it a go - i've set up a forum the same way before but it wasn't easy or a short task. The only thing is i've not used asp before only php but the only things I will really be changing is tables etc and getting them to run as divs so I won't really need to touch coding just where the tags surrounding the variables / arrays are. I'll just be careful - I could either run it locally on my server but I would need access to the sql table (even if it's just a few results) or just copy all the files into a new folder on your server and work from there. So I'm not interrupting the site while it's being modified.

I'm just assuming this would be doing an exact replica of how the site is now? This problem seems to be happening on the forums... is this just the forum we are going to css-ize? I think I could manage that but the whole website that may be a bit too much?

DJ Hellfury
Advanced Member

Austria
2,237 posts
Posted - 2013/03/30 :  14:25:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Hellfury's homepage  Reply with quote
I would say only forum atm. since silver added blogs, news and even an own shop over the years.

Silver should send you all needed data to you after he made a backup and you show him the results / changes when you are done on your own server.

Hellfury Soundcloud
Label Bandcamp

silver
Admin

Japan
12,548 posts

894 hardcore releases
Posted - 2013/03/30 :  15:05:30  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage  Reply with quote
Before I show any code to anyone, people would need to show they have the skills to pay the bills. The code I've written here is quite advanced ASP, using classes and more recently AJAX.

I have developed better code for other projects (work) so we might be able to impletment that, it uses templates and other sexy things.

The code on the site represents years of my own time, so the person would really have to know their shit.

One thing about custom software is that it's harder to hack and spambot because we represent one site and not millions like wordpress or something like that. On the flip side... you have to make everything yourself!

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2013/03/30 :  17:00:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
do you feel insulted if someone who knows less can fix it or something? =P

Anyways, I have no skills in ASP. but in the end, what does ASP itself have aything to do with fixing HTML tags?

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

DJ Hellfury
Advanced Member

Austria
2,237 posts
Posted - 2013/03/30 :  17:15:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Hellfury's homepage  Reply with quote
Unlikely, I guess his last post was referring to his plans of optimizing forum code not just fixing some "simple tag bugs". I do understand his worries about giving away code lines to amateurs since he made everything by himself on quite a good level - it's just something like a lifetime project - but wouldnt it be quite a relief to handout some simple code bits to trustworthy people while you are busy with the greater stuff?

Hellfury Soundcloud
Label Bandcamp

silver
Admin

Japan
12,548 posts

894 hardcore releases
Posted - 2013/03/31 :  06:37:09  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

what does ASP itself have aything to do with fixing HTML tags?

The HTML is dynamically created by the code so you will at least need to know what is going on.

More to the point if people are interested they would have to show what they have done before or proof they know what they are doing.

DJ Hellfury
Advanced Member

Austria
2,237 posts
Posted - 2013/08/05 :  06:19:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Hellfury's homepage  Reply with quote
Any update on this "selecting skilled programmers"-task?

Got a new smartphone this year and this random text enlargement happens on firefox's current android version.

Hellfury Soundcloud
Label Bandcamp

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.77 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page