of 56

Author Thread  
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2018/02/27 :  18:14:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
Well, if it wasn't for all the backstabbery Jay seems to endure, I would have been of the same mind. But Im cutting him some slack.

... at least to after he's managed to get Vinylgroover, Raver Baby & Essential Platnum backcat out

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Alert moderator Go to top of page
tenfold234

Canada
75 posts
Posted - 2018/02/27 :  18:49:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit tenfold234's homepage  Reply with quote
Well as much as I am frustrated over the lack of bundles we would not be in the situation if Sharkey had just released his music. An album should not take 16+ years to release. Especially the one we got. I mean Tech Noir is a very good balanced album. But not worth a 16 year wait. Thank god for the completionists bundles or I would have been really disappointed.

And I am going to go with the assumption that there are at least 300+ songs in the bundles (CDJay was quoted "hundreds of tracks" so 300 is a guestimation). That is a lot of tunage to sort and remaster. So I will cut him a little slack as this is a huge undertaking.

Although a disclaimer during the pre-sale regarding timelines would be nice. I would have put bundles will not be ready until March/April at the earliest. Don't ask until around this time. Or even better don't project until summertime and then if they are all ready before that then it makes you look good but coming out with a surprise early release.

Its not the wait that is frustrating. It is the being told something is coming and then not happening and having that repeat over and over again.

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2018/02/27 :  20:47:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
I know constantly complaining makes things happen quicker.... :-/

He said 4 batches this week.

It's Tuesday.

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2018/02/27 :  22:03:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
I think if you just approach it with a 'it'll happen eventually' type mindset then it's far easier to deal with. You know that as an individual you're not really going to make things happen any quicker, I doubt anyone really wants it to take longer than it has to and I know it'd suck if it was me on the receiving end...

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2018/02/28 :  08:20:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
I?m not concerned to be honest, they will be here when they are here. No point getting upset about it.

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
Posted - 2018/02/28 :  19:11:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
Sssssshhhh now :)

Jonathan Goulding
46 mins ? Leamington Spa ?
Completionist types will be very happy tomorrow night.... ;-)

lainnix

United States
58 posts
Posted - 2018/02/28 :  19:44:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit lainnix's homepage  Reply with quote
You guys weren't kidding about some of the quality/mastering. I just listened to the CD version and... wow. Painful. If I were anything more than a casual Sharkey fan and this is what I got after waiting 16 years, I'd be pretty heartbroken.

Dookie77

United Kingdom
46 posts
Posted - 2018/03/01 :  17:32:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dookie77's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:
Originally posted by Dookie77:
I got some new speakers,just waiting on tunage now!

If you play any of these tracks, RIP speakers :P

Chucking them through Sound Forge before i play them!
If I'm not happy with the sound quality then the tune never gets played and more than likely gets deleted.

lone_raver

United Kingdom
54 posts
Posted - 2018/03/01 :  22:22:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Downloading now. Tracklist looks awesome. Thank you again hardcore underground and of course sharkey!!

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
Posted - 2018/03/01 :  23:15:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
TWO Darwin toytown remixes in the new bundle! get on it!

Brainchild
Average Member

United Kingdom
193 posts
Posted - 2018/03/01 :  23:26:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Brainchild's homepage  Reply with quote
Those two Darwin remixes of Toytown is enough for me to make the completitionist worth it! Also really always wanted the Bonkers 17 version of Bonkers Anthem - it's a track that grew on me. Finally have it!

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2018/03/01 :  23:32:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by arpz:
TWO Darwin toytown remixes in the new bundle! get on it!

:O

Dookie77

United Kingdom
46 posts
Posted - 2018/03/02 :  00:43:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dookie77's homepage  Reply with quote
hmmm.......batch 3,4 and 5 to go.

oldskool.andy
Starting Member

United Kingdom
12 posts
Posted - 2018/03/02 :  09:10:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit oldskool.andy's homepage  Reply with quote
It's nice to have the 1st bundle but the mastering on some tracks is rather questionable to my ears.

One track that sticks out is Bonkers Anthem - it is far too loud and is clipping terribly, thought it was my laptop speakers initialy but running it through my proper soundcard and old Sony MDR-V700's it was even worse.

I'm all for having loud tracks but also think the trend of making them as loud as possible is detrimental to the track.

Just my thoughts and woulden't mind hearing what others think? I know I am old and 3 decades of abuse on my ears may have taken it's toll! ;)

Andy.

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
Posted - 2018/03/02 :  09:38:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by oldskool.andy:
It's nice to have the 1st bundle but the mastering on some tracks is rather questionable to my ears.

One track that sticks out is Bonkers Anthem - it is far too loud and is clipping terribly, thought it was my laptop speakers initialy but running it through my proper soundcard and old Sony MDR-V700's it was even worse.

I'm all for having loud tracks but also think the trend of making them as loud as possible is detrimental to the track.

Just my thoughts and woulden't mind hearing what others think? I know I am old and 3 decades of abuse on my ears may have taken it's toll! ;)

Andy.

You're not alone with complaints about mastering but we're getting the best that they have, you have to consider that some of these are sourced from DATs mastered for vinyl.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 56 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 36  37  38  ... 52  53  54  55  56
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.98 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page