Printer friendly
Page: 
of 56

Author Thread  
Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2018/11/18 :  14:09:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
Was released as a CD single, too

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2018/11/19 :  08:27:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
you mean i bought these 2 albums for naught? :(

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Missingno

Chile
32 posts
Posted - 2018/11/19 :  14:53:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Missingno's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
you mean i bought these 2 albums for naught? :(

Yes and no.

You did well purchasing Trance Core - Chapter One. The version of "Truth" appearing therein sounds much better than the version appearing on the CD single, which is clearly more saturated to the point of distorting at some passages.

However, the version of "Oh No!" appearing on Past Present & Future (Part One) is slightly shorter (album version) than the one appearing on the CD single (maxi version). However, the latter one also becomes with the same problem as the aforementioned track, involving sound saturation due to a bad mastering, resulting in distortion at some loud passages.

tenfold234

Canada
75 posts
Posted - 2018/11/20 :  20:18:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit tenfold234's homepage  Reply with quote
Oh No! is also on Marc Smith's Notorious by Nature album as well

Missingno

Chile
32 posts
Posted - 2018/11/21 :  17:47:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Missingno's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by tenfold234:
Oh No! is also on Marc Smith's Notorious by Nature album as well

That one isn't either the full-length version.

Weakness
Starting Member

United Kingdom
10 posts
Posted - 2018/12/10 :  22:15:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Weakness's homepage  Reply with quote
All I want for Christmas is Sharkey delivering the final batch of tracks, including old vocal and inst mix of Sound Assassin. ;_;

GrahamC
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
589 posts
Posted - 2018/12/10 :  22:45:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit GrahamC's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Weakness:
All I want for Christmas is Sharkey delivering the final batch of tracks, including old vocal and inst mix of Sound Assassin. ;_;

That'd be nice! Unfortunately I think Sharkey took all of your ?100 payments and used them to get 'off his pickle' and has zero intention of delivering the rest of the musical compositions.

Feel bad for HU and everybody that splashed out on what turned out to be a massive con-job by the artist.

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2018/12/11 :  00:15:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
Yeah, I'm going to have to jump on this.

Compared to what we said we've *massively* overdelivered. The only mistake I've made is that Sharkey promised me some corrections and peripheral label stuff back in April I committed to. What has been released is an actual *TREASURE TROVE* far beyond reason. We, as a label, said we would feed stuff indefinitely (anyone see the DATS Gaz shotted on FB?)

No one is more annoyed I didn't get what I was promised back in April, but FFS it's 0.05% of what would otherwise be lost forever. Sound Assassin. Black Rain. Jesus tap dancing Christ, people.

I have more things, I will get more things. Must every miracle bread have icing. People who got screwed by the plates, I am very sorry about and have refunded. The Two people (one who ran a label in UK Hardcore and should know better) said the vocal remix of Toytown was the only reason they bought it... refunded. I'm about to get that, along with the actual vocal, and VG remix, so more fool them, but still.

At this point, we've overdelivered by any reasonable metric and the bitching makes me want to not do a Vinylgroover variant. Is that a good thing?

edit: before he went AWOL, Sharkey said he found a DAT with 5 more variants of Sound Assassin. I can't claim he'll ever resurface or deliver, but surely we're the only chance of that?

edit 2: I murdered myself doing this album, and got the mix on Dec 22nd. Ganar kicked off the same evening. Try, as a decent human being, with a faint grasp of what this took, to understand how it feels to have a genuine triumph end this way. What *WAS* the alternative?

CDJay

Edited by - CDJay on 2018/12/12 14:30:36
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2018/12/11 :  05:34:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
I hope that when you say bitching, that it's more on Sharkey's part and not ours, the listerners?

Although it's saddening with what's happening with Sharkey, but I do hope you see why some people would want a refund. Considering Vinylgroover is still in the music business, I doubt that he'll pull a sharkey. F&S though... I don't know. For your own sake, go with the one that seems more likely to actually happen (VG)

GrahamC
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
589 posts
Posted - 2018/12/11 :  08:55:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit GrahamC's homepage  Reply with quote
CDJay - I'm not criticising HU for what people got (or not) - blame is pointed squarely at Sharkey

Everytime this topic climbs back up to the top of the list I feel genuine angst because it's people asking when they are going to get the rest of what they have paid for. By your own admission Sharkey has not delivered everything and everything is what people thought they were paying for. It doesn't sound like the odd track here and there, sounds like whole label back-cats worth of stuff!

It was posted on here by you that Sharkey vanishes for long periods of time, told you to never to contact him again etc. which is hardly the act of a committed or professional person. If I had lashed out a hundred quid and then saw that posted online I would be angry at him and justifiably so. Thats a lot of money to some people and to say you have over-delivered when it has come up short is disingenious.

It is completely your perogative as to whether you do Vinylgroover & F&S. You know them, I don't. You know if they the sort of people who will commit to delivering or not. Would they be happy to back up that committment and sign a contract that protects all parties involved?

I'd like to see those albums, I would part with my pennies for them but after the unfortunate and public debacle with this Sharkey complete collection I would be wary about proceeding with the purchase unless you had all the material up-front like you did with the TnC stuff. The TnC release was what Sharkey's should have been from the get-go.

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2018/12/11 :  08:58:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
This album has literally made me ill. Ive been lying in bed alk night all night vibrating internally with misplaced fury.

I just don't understand at what point I promised time travel derived results.

Ive asked Chwhynny to take over, here, for the same reasons I fled FB.

CDJay

Edited by - CDJay on 2018/12/11 12:54:20
CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2018/12/11 :  09:04:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
Gah, you caught me 😂

There was a lot of internal debate about this. I was the one who insisted. Hence my misplaced fury.

It really was how this was done or it all was lost forever. I clearly quantified it was a long term thing, having already had it fall apart back in 2014. I beg anyone to go look at their Completionist folder and calculate the percent of tracks previously unreleased versus having not pressed ahead.

CDJay

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2018/12/11 :  09:14:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
One last one.

So, the difference between the TNC album and something like this is marked. Anything involving a 90s related catalogue is going to be incomplete before it is viable. There is no way of guaranteeing a complete product *ever* never mind in a sane timeframe to warrant the effort to pull something together initially.

The irony is that the more projects like this are undertaken, the more scarce, or presumed lost, tracks emerge. The VG remix of Toytown being a good example. That appeared this weekend. Which is *precisely* why I made the long term commitment.

We are talking about tracks 20+ years old, most of which now exist (if at all) on a DAT lost in lock ups, lofts or worse. Every passing day makes it less likely that the entire era of the genre is going to endure in any meaningful way.

Sharkey 100% has dropped the ball, certainly in terms of what I publicly committed to back in April, and left us in a position far short of what I'd like. Yet, as I said, it was a long term commitment and we've released stuff that buyers *didn't even know existed*.

I'm now sitting on a completely unheard Vinylgroover and Slipmatt track. A version of Paradise and Dreams with a female vocal pre-dating the original Junior one.

As I said, over to my long suffering Wife

edit: The label back cat stuff is really just Bonkerz, some of which is already included (and the one people really wanted I have a fixed version of). Percentage wise it really is miniscule. We're also still chasing other sources to get the material and, again, I did say this would take time.

edit 2: I was VERY clear from the outset that certain tracks may well no longer exist, and I would get, and continue to get, anything and everything I could and release what I can. Which we have, and will keep doing.

CDJay

Edited by - CDJay on 2018/12/11 09:28:48
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2018/12/11 :  13:15:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
you forgot to sign off with

'we haven't forgotten, we're still on it, stfu"

;)

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2018/12/11 :  13:23:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
I wake up screaming, engulfed by penitent guilt. We're still on it.

CDJay

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 56 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 47  48  49  ... 52  53  54  55  56
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.27 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page