Printer friendly
Page: 
of 56

Author Thread  
CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2018/03/02 :  22:36:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Impulse_Response:
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
Wait, does that mean DAT's mastered for vinyls actually clip this much? Is it because I dont understand how pressing works, or is that all just a load of bollox to excuse the overmastering?

Yes.

Really? I have a hard time believing that. In general recordings shouldn't clip like that at all (unless specifically desired for creative effect) and audio for vinyl is usually mastered quieter, based on the sources I have read. I think it's more likely that they let some idiot master them.

Some of what I have is marked RLM which stands for Redline Mastering. I have no idea wtf that was good for in the 90s but hey ho.

I really do think I made it clear I would supply what we have, and crowd source feedback to enable useful focused restoration efforts. It would take me a year to do this "properly" and I can't do that. It's this or nothing. If anyone is unhappy I do understand, and will still offer refunds as we're only halfway.

CDJay

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - CDJay on 2018/03/02 22:37:29
CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2018/03/02 :  23:30:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
The most tragic thing about this is I now regret trying, and won't bother again.

CDJay

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2018/03/02 :  23:36:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
Whoever these people are that are doing this should be ashamed.

And if any of you here are, you're wankers.

Impulse_Response
Advanced Member

United States
724 posts
Impulse_Response has attended 1 event
Posted - 2018/03/03 :  01:38:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Impulse_Response's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
quote:
Originally posted by Impulse_Response:
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
Wait, does that mean DAT's mastered for vinyls actually clip this much? Is it because I dont understand how pressing works, or is that all just a load of bollox to excuse the overmastering?

Yes.

Really? I have a hard time believing that. In general recordings shouldn't clip like that at all (unless specifically desired for creative effect) and audio for vinyl is usually mastered quieter, based on the sources I have read. I think it's more likely that they let some idiot master them.

Some of what I have is marked RLM which stands for Redline Mastering. I have no idea wtf that was good for in the 90s but hey ho.

I really do think I made it clear I would supply what we have, and crowd source feedback to enable useful focused restoration efforts. It would take me a year to do this "properly" and I can't do that. It's this or nothing. If anyone is unhappy I do understand, and will still offer refunds as we're only halfway.

CDJay

Just to be clear, I wasn't talking about you. I was talking about whoever had them mastered originally and made the DAT. I'm excited to have the completionist edition and I don't plan to ask for a refund.

Edited by - Impulse_Response on 2018/03/03 01:50:26
CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2018/03/03 :  01:58:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
It's fine, this was always a difficult climate. I am just stunned I got this across the line, and am still being berated. I am absolutely done with this scene, sadly.

CDJay

Trainwreck
Starting Member

Australia
5 posts
Posted - 2018/03/03 :  04:23:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Trainwreck's homepage  Reply with quote
Very happy that a lot of this music finally seeing the light of day.

I think there may be an issue\skip on Ultraworld 5 at 1:37. Not sure if this is something inherent within the original DAT master?

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2018/03/03 :  08:27:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
It's fine, this was always a difficult climate. I am just stunned I got this across the line, and am still being berated. I am absolutely done with this scene, sadly.

CDJay

I don?t see the point in some folk being such twats. They don?t realise the ramifications should HU not bother anymore.

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2018/03/03 :  08:50:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
I'd be a lot more tolerable if the scene which remained wasn't so intent on throwing money and stature at the very people who decimated and abandoned it.

Meh, to the power of some exponential factor.

CDJay

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2018/03/03 :  10:35:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
I'd be a lot more tolerable if the scene which remained wasn't so intent on throwing money and stature at the very people who decimated and abandoned it.

Meh, to the power of some exponential factor.

CDJay

That's one way of looking at it. Fairly cynical though.

People will discover Hardcore and influence the growth of the scene by seeing Hardcore names at big events and on big releases.

This isn't a criticism because we need active labels releasing as you are, but HU panders to people already within the scene. There's not a great deal of outreach happening. I find it a little bizarre that you would leave the suggestion that the fault of projects not hitting targets is down to people decimating and abandoning the scene. There are still people here, and still people discovering the scene. You look at producers like Nanobii and Synthion who have huge followings of fans untapped by HU because you persist in pushing a fairly closed off model dependent on people finding you or who already follow you. Talk to someone like Synthion about exclusive content or an album project, and you would probably find oil.

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2018/03/03 :  11:34:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
The project has hit targets, I just find it amazing that someone like Sharkey who supported pretty much everyone has an artist album out and everyone who ever benefitted from Bonkers etc. is ignoring it. I'm all for outreach but when the largest visible players have zero links to the genre they abandoned all they actually do is stop anyone else getting access to a platform.

CDJay

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2018/03/03 :  12:36:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage  Reply with quote
Well one of the people you probably mean hardly promoted their own album, so it's not really much surprise.

But I do sympathise with that kind of thing. That said, they aren't the only solutions.

Can't you talk to Cotts, Ravine, Jordesuvi and other figures with big followings to get promotion down? Cotts and Ravine have done some great feature mixes in the past for album projects.

Edited by - Elipton on 2018/03/03 12:37:37
9oh9

United Kingdom
119 posts
Posted - 2018/03/03 :  12:58:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit 9oh9's homepage  Reply with quote
As much as I dislike social media, it's disappointing that you're not getting support on this. There's such a lack of solidarity in hardcore compared to other genres. Still, getting this released and out into the world is a huge achievement; don't let the bastards grind you down too much

DJ Reevzy

United Kingdom
128 posts
Posted - 2018/03/03 :  13:52:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Reevzy's homepage  Reply with quote
Hardcore is clearly a very fragmented genre however i don?t see this as any different to other dance music scenes. I think most new UK Hardcore is utter gash but there are pockets of goodness in the form of eufeion, kniteforce and HU. Guys like billy bunter, slipmatt etc are still supporting and releasing plenty of stuff. Iv seen some negativity towards sharkey for whatever reason but in my mind if certain nobheads dont support the releases then **** em...create the system dont fight it!

Either way iv supported this sharkey project and am grateful to have tracks like genesis in their digital beauty!

Impulse_Response
Advanced Member

United States
724 posts
Impulse_Response has attended 1 event
Posted - 2018/03/03 :  16:06:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Impulse_Response's homepage  Reply with quote
I just cracked bundles 2 and 3 open, and wow there are some good ones on these! The Sharkey & Eclipse tracks, Utopia, Where Shall My Wandering Soul Begin... I've waited a long time for these.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2018/03/03 :  17:55:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
Well, for one thing, I doubt if he released his 2nd album as originally intended, it would've never been this big (in content)

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Edited by - Samination on 2018/03/03 17:56:24

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 56 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 38  39  40  ... 52  53  54  55  56
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.42 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page