Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Executive Records - Thank you!
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
DJHaze
Advanced Member

Australia
646 posts
DJHaze is verified hardcore artist DJHaze has attended 2 events
Posted - 2013/07/08 :  06:16:44  Show profile View artist profile Send a private message  Visit DJHaze's homepage View the linked resource
After 10 incredibly rewarding years of Executive Records I have decided to finish the label. It has been a huge journey that I am very grateful to have taken part in. I believe the time is right to do this now. On this journey I have had many people who have helped the label grow. It's been very tough at times but I would not have got through it all without the help of the following people...

Big thanks firstly to all the artists who have contributed: The Acolyte, ElectriX, Antix, Tom-E, Weaver, Implex, Reazn, Impact, Resist, Fracus, Darwin, Joey Riot, In Effect, Makio, Dover, JTS, Zander, Suae, Danny Coggin, Analog, Gemini, T.C, Nex Level, S3RL, Dudlee, Patch, Eufeion, Allison Mclauchlan, Smartyz, Damaged, Sc@r, Scott Devotion, Skeets, Yorkshire Ripper, NiX, Jerv, Nizzle, Hyperactive EnemyZ, Destiny, Dave PSI, MC Obi, Bounce, Shox, Influx, Boris, Auscore, Whiskey, Pace, Milo, Darren Hotchkiss, Oli G, SPIT & Essi.

Special mention to Kevin Energy, without him Executive Records would not have been born, I remember the faith and passion he put in me and it has never been forgotten. He supported me through thick and thin, not to mention all the staff at Nu Energy. They were truly awesome people to speak to and work with: Allan, Derek Thorpe, Gordy & A.B.

Rory (Impact) had a massive influence over the years. We wrote so many tracks together and in that time, together launched Recycled Records in 2008. Not only on a business level but as a best friend, Rory played a big role in Executive Records. That also must be said with Dover. Ben helped me with website, promotions, all those YouTube clips, thank you so much, I have never forgotten, plus all those times at gigs.

Daniel (Antix) played an enormous role in the first 5 years of Executive Records. We had some of our biggest tracks with productions such as 'Sweet Release', 'In My Eyes' & 'Know Who I Am'. Without his help the label would not be where it is today.

Artwork played a big role in Executive Records. The Executive logo and release artwork had changed over the years to suit the crossover from vinyl to digital. They were amazing and I must hugely thank Steve (Nex Level) and Dimitri (Freesoul) for the tireless work.

I finally must thank the following for the help in promoting the label Tulsi, Ash (Sublime & those awesome T-Shirts helped the label out so much (thank you), Analog (Your help on the Internet was unbelievable, all the promotion) I cannot begin to say how thankful I am, so many years), Chris (MVP), Maddie, Chubby, Lorenzo, Fazed, Marc Loage, Cotts (Thank you so much for the YouTube videos), JTS & Zander (One Seventy - Thank you so much guys, I will be forever grateful), Anfcore - All those mixes (Echild Days) have not been forgotten, DJ Silver (Happyhardcore.com), Richard @ Electronica (Your advice has been spot on and never taken for granted. Very wise and respected by all) Promoters - Tom-E, Oky, Fenix, Pulsar, Suae, Steve Hill , Sam Crane, Tanner, Aladdin, Jim Jams, Crystal, AJ Ravix Davies (Perth), Harley (QLD) & Jerry (Nomad).

I am sure I may have forgotten people I apologise, 10 years is a lot to cover! The last thanks are always for the unknown heroes of Executive, the ones who have bought my music and pushed it over the years. I am so thankful. Getting Australian music heard overseas was always an uphill battle. Without you guys it would never have been possible. Thank you.

To finish up the label I have three more releases to go on digital. Information on these releases are below. Samples will be up soon.

EXE048

1) Patch & Eufeion - Sunshine & Rainbows
2) Patch & Eufeion - Explicit Content

EXE049

1) S3RL - Can't Bring Me Down (Damaged Remix)
2) Dudlee Feat. Rowena - Innocence (Smartyz Remix)

EXE050 - Haze & Friends EP

1) Haze & Zander - The Time Is Now
2) Haze Feat. Allison Mclauchlan - Waiting (NiX Remix)
3) Haze & Implex - Executive Reunion (Haze Mix)

And last but not least, this does not mean I have stopped producing, quite the opposite. I have huge passion for Drum N Bass and Dub and want to pursue down that avenue. It will be a long journey and I am literally starting right from the bottom, but it is a huge passion of mine and I want to give it a shot. I also will be selling the entire Executive catalogue on DVD in the near future so please watch this space.

Cheers,

Ben @ Executive Records.

https://www.facebook.com/dvideaus

https://soundcloud.com/dvide-1

Alert moderator

Edited by - DJHaze on 2013/07/11 00:21:02
silver
Admin

Japan
12,548 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2013/07/08 :  06:42:37  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
Wish you all the best Ben!

Alert moderator Go to top of page
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2013/07/08 :  07:12:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
Best of luck to you, and sad to see an end to another label

Looking forward to that dvd of the whole back catalog!

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2013/07/08 :  08:01:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage
That's a real shame, been one of my favourite labels for a long time.

Best of luck mate, and thank you :-)

Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Mortis has donated money to the site Mortis has attended 7 events
Posted - 2013/07/08 :  08:56:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage
Shame to see Exec ending. I'm sure you'll do some great drum & bass tracks though, stay in touch and keep the tracks coming

nantk

Spain
69 posts
Posted - 2013/07/08 :  10:23:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit nantk's homepage
One of the best hardcore labels out there, I wish you good luck with what you?re starting mate.

Charger

Singapore
278 posts
Posted - 2013/07/08 :  12:20:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Charger's homepage
Pretty much enjoyed this label when I first started listening to hardcore.

Thanks for keeping hardcore alive for the past 10 years too

Edited by - Charger on 2013/07/08 12:21:11
Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2013/07/08 :  13:00:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage
Sorry to be reading this :(

Another bullet for Hardcore as we're losing a good label and a good producer! Good luck in your future ventures and I look forward to hearing new stuff whatever the genre!

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2013/07/08 :  13:44:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
I wished Shane (ElectriX) Would've released more. His free tracks from his previous artist name where some good tracks, and if he could've been arsed to update them and get them released, I might see them sell fairly well :)

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Edited by - Samination on 2013/07/08 13:47:04
Lorenzo.Tweakn
Advanced Member

United States
1,327 posts
Lorenzo.Tweakn has attended 2 events
Posted - 2013/07/08 :  14:42:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lorenzo.Tweakn's homepage
Thanks Haze for an amazing label(one of the labels that got me into hardcore)

Also; Thanks for the mention, I'll still continue to send you my music so you see how i progress

another one bites the dust........

djchexmixer

United States
363 posts
djchexmixer has attended 1 event
Posted - 2013/07/08 :  15:57:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djchexmixer's homepage
Thanks for the many years of music.
I still have Executive 01 on vinyl, feels so long ago when I bought that record.

Good luck on your next adventure. Once again, thank YOU for an outstanding label.
Tracks from your label will be played at raves for many many MANY years to come.

Happy Dance Fusion Vol. 2:
https://soundcloud.com/dj-cruelcore-neo/happy-dance-fusion-vol-2

dj_excy
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,995 posts

197 hardcore releases
dj_excy has donated money to the site dj_excy has attended 6 events
Posted - 2013/07/08 :  21:00:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit dj_excy's homepage
very sad to see executive go :( big ups ben and good luck mate!!

ultraskool
Advanced Member

Australia
669 posts
ultraskool has attended 50 events
Posted - 2013/07/08 :  21:02:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit ultraskool's homepage
Loved every bit of Executive Records. For me this was an Aussie label that pretty much 'kept the hardcore vibes' alive after all those years. but when you said, : I have huge passion for Drum N Bass and Dub and want to pursue down that avenue"

I thought your heart was always with HHC ? anyways, can you please tell me who did the remix of that track sampling that movie 'Short Circuit' .. ive always wanted to know,

come and follow me, to wherever life takes you... you're the light I see,
and i will follow you...

LOL

DJHaze
Advanced Member

Australia
646 posts
DJHaze is verified hardcore artist DJHaze has attended 2 events
Posted - 2013/07/08 :  21:44:03  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit DJHaze's homepage
Thank you all for the kind words. Means a lot!

Mortis - Will definitely stay in touch mate.

quote:
Originally posted by ultraskool:
Loved every bit of Executive Records. For me this was an Aussie label that pretty much 'kept the hardcore vibes' alive after all those years. but when you said, : I have huge passion for Drum N Bass and Dub and want to pursue down that avenue"

I thought your heart was always with HHC ? anyways, can you please tell me who did the remix of that track sampling that movie 'Short Circuit' .. ive always wanted to know,

come and follow me, to wherever life takes you... you're the light I see,
and i will follow you...

LOL

There have been a few over the years. I did a mix with Impact on Return of The Clans. Made in 2008. Enjoy

http://www.discogs.com/Impact-Haze-Come-Follow-Me-People-Hold-On/release/1412363

https://www.facebook.com/dvideaus

https://soundcloud.com/dvide-1

Serenity
Average Member

United States
173 posts
Serenity has attended 4 events
Posted - 2013/07/09 :  00:22:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Serenity's homepage
Look forward to hearing your new sounds. Drum n bass / future jungle / future garage (140-160bpm breaks) own my heart as well. Good luck!!

Future_Shock
Advanced Member

Australia
2,483 posts
Future_Shock has attended 5 events
Posted - 2013/07/09 :  05:26:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Future_Shock's homepage
First label i ever signed to and i'll never forget the phone call hazey gave me to welcome me to the label.

Even though my focus turned to AWF, it was by far the most warm and genuine welcome i'd ever received from a record label. Fantasticallly well run by an awesome person and artist and i'm thankful to have left my mark o a label that set off my hardcore career.

Big ups hazey.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.89 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page