Printer friendly
Page: 
of 15

Author Thread  
Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2014/01/26 :  18:13:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
Pre ordered this. Not bothering with the dougal and gammer one.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2014/01/26 :  20:12:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
I can use that in my defence? :O

not if you've flown in to the UK for hardcore events, and I think one of them was an HU event.

I went for 2 actually, but that was before HU6

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

DJ-KC
Starting Member

United States
7 posts
DJ-KC has attended 3 events
Posted - 2014/01/28 :  05:32:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ-KC's homepage  Reply with quote
The amount of disappointment in Hardcore Underground overwhelms me. HU used to be my favorite label, but is slowly falling in my opinion. The lack of digital releases blows my mind. It is 2014! It is hard to buy a computer or car with an optical drive. I don't have any way of utilizing a physical release. I would have to wait for shipping then go to a library to rip the disc to a flash drive to put on my computer instead of having an instant download. I want to enjoy the music but I will not support staying behind. Innovation is why I love music. I also wouldn't mind lowering the carbon footprint of plastic and paper used in a physical release. I really want to get on board with the new HU music, but will have to wait for digital releases or pirated copies

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2014/01/28 :  09:08:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by jenks:
Shouldn't it be "do us" not "us do"?

I hadn't noticed that, I just read it as "do us" automatically. Are they actually leaving the title like that?

quote:
Originally posted by DJ-KC:
The amount of disappointment in Hardcore Underground overwhelms me. HU used to be my favorite label, but is slowly falling in my opinion. The lack of digital releases blows my mind. It is 2014! It is hard to buy a computer or car with an optical drive. I don't have any way of utilizing a physical release. I would have to wait for shipping then go to a library to rip the disc to a flash drive to put on my computer instead of having an instant download. I want to enjoy the music but I will not support staying behind. Innovation is why I love music. I also wouldn't mind lowering the carbon footprint of plastic and paper used in a physical release. I really want to get on board with the new HU music, but will have to wait for digital releases or pirated copies

Its not the fault of HU if you buy impractical computers. CD format isnt dead yet. I think its good that a label still respects the value of tangibility. Digital format is something thats ghostly and simple. Its music without the added dimensions of feel and vision. Any kind of music you can touch is good, and I think kudos to HU for taking a plunge.

If I were you, Id blame myself for getting an impractical PC before its time. CDs are still widely used, so if I were you, Id get a USB CD drive. Can get one for a tenner.

Edited by - Elipton on 2014/01/28 09:19:07
Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2014/01/28 :  09:15:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
what computer doesn't come without atleast a dvd drive these days? If you bought a pc without a form of optical disk drive then that makes you pretty stupid. By HU doing physical releases instead of digital downloads it allows them to control the media a little better and also filesharing to a degree. You shouldn't be slandering them for that and seriously... who buys a pc without a bloody dvd drive????

Anyhow if you are likely to wait for your aforementioned pirated downloads sir then you are scum and not worthy of the music you are stealing.

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Posted - 2014/01/28 :  09:21:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
what computer doesn't come without atleast a dvd drive these days? If you bought a pc without a form of optical disk drive then that makes you pretty stupid. By HU doing physical releases instead of digital downloads it allows them to control the media a little better and also filesharing to a degree. You shouldn't be slandering them for that and seriously... who buys a pc without a bloody dvd drive????

Anyhow if you are likely to wait for your aforementioned pirated downloads sir then you are scum and not worthy of the music you are stealing.

iMacs and tablet PCs omitt DVD drives I believe. I mean, I can see why they do it. Most things a PC needs are available digitally. My best advice to the lad is stop blaming others for his poor purchase and buy a small USB DVD drive from amazon

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2014/01/28 :  09:32:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
We do actually have a compromise solution, in our head, it's just a case of implementation.

There is method to the madness; I entirely appreciate that it is frustrating given that most ultrabook/AIO computers shipping now do so without an optical drive. However, digital releases and albums haven't done hardcore any favours, we have to primarily support the CD model we've traditionally employed or we'll throw the baby out with the bathwater and end up with nothing.

Shall post updates soon; I reckon we've got an agreeable middle ground mapped out

CDJay

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2014/01/28 :  09:42:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
Given a choice between digital and physical i'd go physical every time.

Old fashioned or not, it means a lot more to have something i can hold in my hand ;-)

Rodz90
Average Member

United Kingdom
208 posts
Posted - 2014/01/28 :  10:25:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Rodz90's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DJ-KC:

The fact that you've just mentioned the fact you pirate music has not helped your cause at all.

Like Elipton says, get your head around HU's business model, it's certainly not implemented out of convenience because there is a considerable amount of overhead costs to create these physical products in the first place.

Personally i would much rather support this model, buy these nice shiny digipacks, and end up with a nice, well crafted product, as opposed to a bunch of 1 and 0's thrown at me with artwork.

Torpex
Advanced Member

Poland
824 posts
Torpex has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/01/28 :  11:01:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Torpex's homepage  Reply with quote
Christ on a bike, why are you being such dicks? The guy raised a perfectly legitimate objection.

"who buys a pc without a bloody dvd drive????"

I'm in the middle of buying a custom-built 13" laptop. Guess what - no optical drive. I don't need it. I do have a handy USB CD/DVD burner, but I only use it to prepare for gigs. I can't remember the last time I actually installed anything off a CD or DVD. Even when I buy hardware and there's a driver disk, I prefer to download the latest version. It's not "too early" to abandon optical drives - they're being abandoned for a good reason and most users never look back.

It's an ever-growing hurdle CD-only release model will have to circumvent - and fast. Which is why I'm super-excited to learn what the HU brains are coming up with. :)

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2014/01/28 :  11:32:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
Who's being a dick?

Legitimate opinion? Yes.

Delivered constructively? Nope!

Torpex
Advanced Member

Poland
824 posts
Torpex has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/01/28 :  11:38:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Torpex's homepage  Reply with quote
Show me one part of his post that wasn't constructive. And no, the "pirate" angle doesn't count, because it was used to support a very good point.

Cyrax
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
623 posts
Cyrax has attended 9 events
Posted - 2014/01/28 :  12:05:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Cyrax's homepage  Reply with quote
I dont mind either way, as long as the music keeps coming

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2014/01/28 :  12:13:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
Most tablets sync to a pc which presumably would have an optical drive in any case. I do accept that pcs get most of their support online and most now have partitions on the hard disk for backing up and recovering their operating system. If you want to buy a machine that relies on these things then it is up to you whereas I would rather have the disk option which unlike a hard disk cannot be corrupted. If your operating system back up gets corrupted then you are knackered. USB drives are cheap enough these days if you insist on buying something that doesn't have one built in but I don't see that being HU's problem.

No one here is being a dick apart from the person who came on here blaming HU and saying that if you don't change your business model I'm just going to steal your goods anyway! That is the sum total of the post in question. The piracy thing does come into it because that is the entire point that he won't get a USB drive or go to the library or whatever and he will just steal the the music when someone puts it online digitally. If someone won't spend ?10 on a USB drive, what makes you think he will pay for the stuff when it is digitally available and just as easy to download it pirated?

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Posted - 2014/01/28 :  12:22:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Torpex:
Show me one part of his post that wasn't constructive. And no, the "pirate" angle doesn't count, because it was used to support a very good point.

Are you joking?
He's effectively blaming the label for releasing CD's. If he wants to listen to CD's and rip them, he can spend as little as ?6 on a USB optical drive.
The only dick here is the dude who's charged on here and called everyone dicks.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 15 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  ... 11  12  13  14  15
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.64 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page