Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music production & Gear talk
 BPM counters
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 3

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Stevie c
Advanced Member

Belgium
3,836 posts

204 hardcore releases
Stevie c has donated money to the site
Posted - 2003/01/02 :  23:25:21  Show profile Send a private message  Visit Stevie c's homepage
Does anyone know what BPM counter I should get to go with my cd decks, now I know some of you are going to say its cheating but I have so many cds that I need help, besides the cds don't come with the bpms on them.Besides I can mix in movie samples and simpsons an stuff , So can someone please help, I want something reliable!! Before you say it not my foot

Your into the sound of Rebellion

Alert moderator
saintberry

Australia
358 posts
Posted - 2003/01/03 :  00:33:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit saintberry's homepage
ok well sorry to burst ya bubble, but most bpm counters are the absolute suckage!

grey innovation bpm counter is about the only good one i hear (plugs into your PFL output i think? Not 100% sure)

also, your kinda royal ****ed if you wanna know the bpm of happyhardcore, seeing as most of it is quicker than 160bpm and almost all counters out there max @ 160.

in short they are pesant...its much better to mix with your ears :P

i had a behringer vmx 300 earlier in the year. it had beatcounters, i dont think they displayed the correct bpm once b4 i through the crappy mixer out the window :P (it was ok for the price, damn good for the price infact, but not the best output audio qual)

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Stevie c
Advanced Member

Belgium
3,836 posts

204 hardcore releases
Posted - 2003/01/03 :  03:32:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Stevie c's homepage
I have been told they are S$IT, and am getting better with the ears but I want all the help i can get, happyhardcore is getting there but i do tend to go from intro or sample into beat a lot, try hard not to use mixes on cd but if its a good track plus keeps the beat going longer than 8 minutes sometimes I let it go, i know this sucks and I never want to get caught and whenever I record I own up to anyone listening, is there anything else that can help?

Erbl

United Kingdom
99 posts
Posted - 2003/01/04 :  09:02:27  Show profile  Send a private message
two words about beat counters,dont bother.

just keeppraticing,you willget there without having to rely on looking at some numbers.allbeat countersare rubbish,not because its cheatingbut because it teaches you to rely onsomething other then your ears, very fiewplaces have them, and none of themwork like they should do, especially with breakbeats

dj_stey_iz_ere
Average Member

United Kingdom
227 posts
Posted - 2003/01/04 :  11:22:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit dj_stey_iz_ere's homepage
i dnt av a bmp i did and it was shit dnt bother Stevie

havin problems with maths call me on 37+45 66-45 25/3 56 times 5 4556-100

smoke Weed and fly

CandyAss

United States
471 posts
Posted - 2003/01/05 :  06:56:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CandyAss's homepage
Most BPM counters are $hit, especially when it comes to happycore or jungle. You can get CD decks that have them built in and I hear those are reliable if you buy good ones, but I assume you already have a pair. Hmmm, don't know what to say really, might wanna' figure something else out. Check out some computer programs maybe that could do it?

CandyAss
Drew
http://www.valence2000.com
http://www.hardcorps.org

http://www.hardcorps.org

Kaffine

United States
474 posts

91 hardcore releases
Kaffine has donated money to the site
Posted - 2003/01/05 :  12:38:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Kaffine's homepage
bpmcounter.usefulness = null;

if (cddeck.model != "Pioneer CDJ 1000" | cddeck.model != "Pioneer CDJ 800" | cddeck.model != "That New Denon Thing")
{
cddeck.usefullness = null;
user.buyATurntable();
user.buySomeVinyl();
}

Edited by - Kaffine on 2003/01/05 12:39:33
saintberry

Australia
358 posts
Posted - 2003/01/05 :  13:43:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit saintberry's homepage
mmm "that new denon thing" (lol, the DN-S500 im talking) is going to be my next purchase, whoops the buggy CDJ1000 so much its not funneh!

++ it looks damn sexy! go denon table top players!

but yeah vinyl all the way, i need cd decks for psy/goa trance tho, that shiiiit is too hard to get on 12"

Oli G
Advanced Member

United States
1,817 posts
Oli G is verified hardcore artist Oli G has donated money to the site Oli G has attended 41 events
Posted - 2003/01/05 :  15:26:38  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Oli G's homepage
your code has errors

user.buyATurntable();
user.buySomeVinyl();

:)

cd decks are wicked
end of :D

CAM001 Out FEB2003
Distribution Through Nu Energy & Imo
www.camelrecords.co.uk

\o/ <o/ \o> <o> /o\ _o/ \o_

http://www.myspace.com/camelrecords

DJ Pathfinder
Advanced Member

Netherlands
1,676 posts

51 hardcore releases
Posted - 2003/01/06 :  06:14:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Pathfinder's homepage
vinyl is good unless good equipment

You can't see me,because i am the future.

Stevie c
Advanced Member

Belgium
3,836 posts

204 hardcore releases
Posted - 2003/01/07 :  03:42:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Stevie c's homepage
Okay message read loud and clear!!! I am using my ears and am getting better but sizing up bpm's on cd when I have over 1500 tracks can be a little difficult that really why I asked, When i put sets together they sound ok but if i am just arsing around then guessing the next pitch in three minutes is a right...............well you get it

Kaffine

United States
474 posts

91 hardcore releases
Posted - 2003/01/09 :  02:21:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Kaffine's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Stevie c:
sizing up bpm's on cd when I have over 1500 tracks can be a little difficult

...The number of tracks you have has no bearing on how well you can beatmatch.

weba_d
Advanced Member

Australia
789 posts
weba_d has attended 1 event
Posted - 2003/01/09 :  02:56:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit weba_d's homepage
there was a thread here a while ago about this downloadable program that counts the bpm by the tap of the spacebar, there's a manual way of doin it
maybe silver can help out to where that thread is.

"what goes up must come down"...so keep popin!

WEBA D

Stevie c
Advanced Member

Belgium
3,836 posts

204 hardcore releases
Posted - 2003/01/09 :  05:14:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Stevie c's homepage
Don't get me wrong kaffine, I am not making any excuses here I'm $hit and i know i am, I am getting a little better over time but I get the feeling if i had Vinyl I would get beat matching quicker, I understand the principle and have done it. What I was try to say was........on a lot of records the bpm is written on it, i have one cd in my whole collection calld party tools that does that. When each cd has anything up to 20 tracks on it I don't want to be carrying a bloody dictionary crip sheet around with me for the rest of my life!! Nor do i wishto go from quiet bit/sample/intro into beat, that way i will never get more than 8 minutes of beat a time

Kaffine

United States
474 posts

91 hardcore releases
Posted - 2003/01/09 :  10:53:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Kaffine's homepage
I have like, hundreds of hardcore records and not one is labeled with the speed... (aside from 33/45 rpm of course but that doesn't count, don't snag me on technicalities ;) )

You're going about this all wrong. The idea isn't to know the speeds. I'd be damned if I knew the speed of any track I own. When I beatmatch I have one track playing and I simply listen to the other track and adjust the speed according to how quickly it is falling behind or running ahead. When it sounds like the second track is playing at the same speed, I rewind and get ready to release the mix. Not once do I consult a chart or get a definitive BPM value for any song I play.

Stevie c
Advanced Member

Belgium
3,836 posts

204 hardcore releases
Posted - 2003/01/14 :  02:23:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Stevie c's homepage
Ok the issue I real have is I get alot of echo beat Dum Dum dum dum instead of bang bang, How do you figure on cd's which is running ahead? Also does the echo mean I am close or miles away from matching the beats. I must look stupid but I figure I never ask I will never know

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.88 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page