Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Who are the Good & Bad people in hardcore
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 5

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Mitchie DJ
Starting Member

United Kingdom
16 posts
Posted - 2014/02/22 :  23:25:24  Show profile Send a private message
Ill try not to be negative about my post so I'm only going to name the people who have stood out as nice but if any one wants to say who are the bad people then feel free to lol, I think its only right the fans get to know about a DJ they follow and look up, wither they have a bad attitude towards people and so on. I also think its good for DJs to see what people really think of them so they can improve the way they go about themselfs but here are the good guys that have stood out to me (please tell me if Im wrong on my chooses lol)

Good Guys:

Al Storm - this guy seems to have time to interact with his fans which i think is rare from a dj of his level

Joey riot - I think this guy lives for his fans hes always a pleasure to met in person and seems to be as excited to talk to you as you are with him. I also think this guy is true hardcore him are kurt are trying to evolve the scene away from the electroy and dubcore sound and back into a more bouncy yet hard scene

kurt - I always see this guy hanging out after his sets on the dancefloor getting pictures with fans and so on

Re-con - tell me if I am wrong but this guy is so loyal to hardcore its unbelievable over the years hes had his finger in so many scenes and always stayed hardcore through the good and the bad he is overly talented and massively unrated as a producer he is also a really nice guy to meet and will remember you face months later

Fracus - this guy works his ass off for hardcore and why he as darwin never get at the top of the line up is beyond me, he is really down to earth and has time for his fans

Brisk - ive never met him but i chat alot of crap to him and hes always got time to reply seems like a really cool guy shame hes not in the uk anymore

S3rl - this guy is really nice and works his ass off in the scene he is so unrated would love to see him at more uk events tho i think the big guns in the uk scene are thinking out of sight, out of mind but this guy keeps up with the best of em

hixxy - seemed like an ok guy only spoke to him the once, i admire his professionalism tho and the work hes put into hardcore over the years

Squad-E - this guy is so unbelievable nice i cant even began to describe him hes a true gent

Gisbo - his guy is so down to earth, i love whats him and bananaman are doing with there new stuff the vocals are amazing we need more people like these in the hardcore scene i think he is a future headliner if he is given the chance to shine

Scott brown - seems quite down to earth but he is a scotmen so i guess he cant help that haha i heard a fan say 'scott brown single handedly saved the hardcore scene in the early 00s' think about that for a second! i agree without scott brown the scene might have died years ago

Sc@r - she seem like a really nice woman i dont think she will ever be big headed like alot of people at her level very down to earth and seems to have time for her fans

Petruccio - seems like a good lad not spoke to him much to but there something about him i like

Sy - where would hardcore be without sy? after all the shit hes been through i didnt think hes said a bad word back, this guy is a legend and the soon he comes back the better i just think thiings have gone to far for him to want to be in the scene ever again and i dont blame him

Dougal - i like this guy attitude and he is defo a pioneer of hardcore i cant work out which one is making the good tunes him or gammer? he seems to have ever got big headed and about himself

its very rare you get to met a nice MC but Static, Korkie, Wotsee and Whizzkid defo make my list of nice guys

if i didnt mention someone here it proply because ive never met them not because i dont like them lol

Alert moderator
Dys7
Advanced Member

United States
1,231 posts
Posted - 2014/02/22 :  23:33:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dys7's homepage
I feel like this post is pointlessly incendiary.

---
The Spirit at the Edge of Infinity
Check out my cheesy fiddlings here:
http://soundcloud.com/dys7dj/

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - Dys7 on 2014/02/22 23:33:22
Mitchie DJ
Starting Member

United Kingdom
16 posts
Posted - 2014/02/23 :  00:19:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mitchie DJ's homepage
if you look at it negativity like i said i choose to post the positive side and share my experience of these guys

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2014/02/23 :  00:29:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage
Most of the producers/dj's that i can think of are pretty nice people. However Brisk and (DJ) Storm are at the top of list of people who have no ego at all about what they do and are especially noteworthy, as far as i can tell anyway.

Edited by - Hard2Get on 2014/02/23 00:31:12
Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2014/02/23 :  00:37:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage
Most of the one's I've chatted to in person have been great, happy as anything for a chat, not ignoring you despite possibly having to dash for another gig.
Most on Facebook have got back to me pretty rapidly when I've PMed them or posted enquiries to their wall, Brisk, Vibes, Billy Bunter, Modulate, Slipmatt, Luna-C, Stu Allan, Unknown, Technikore, Ramos, Vinylgroover, LiveLee, Whizzkid, Al Storm, Joey Riot, Kevin Energy, Hixxy being notable examples over the years from the top of my head. I'm not just name dropping for the sake of it or anything, I'm not pretending to be mates with these people but for them to take the time to reply to even the silliest/most basic questions when they are probably inundated with messages and probably generally busy anyway makes them nice enough in my book. They have always been polite and helpful too, rather then being blunt or dismissive.
Gammer, Sy, Shimamura, Dougal, and Breeze are a few examples of artists who have not gotten back to me but it doesn't necessarily make them 'bad guys'. They probably simply didn't see them or didn't have the time to respond.
There are others I've not really spoken to or have done only briefly, but generally all seem nice as anything. I don't know too much about what goes on behind the scenes but in general they mostly seem pleasant enough.
Of course I could be wrong, they could all be utter cunts in real life for all I know.

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/02/23 :  01:04:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
If we're basing solely on their personality and our own personal experience with all of them, then TBH I have not met one bad guy. As far as basing it on their actions, there are a fair few of them that come across as complete douchebags and whatnot, even though they themselves believe they mean well.

Charger

Singapore
278 posts
Posted - 2014/02/23 :  02:32:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Charger's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
Gammer, Sy, Shimamura, Dougal, and Breeze are a few examples of artists who have not gotten back to me but it doesn't necessarily make them 'bad guys'. They probably simply didn't see them or didn't have the time to respond.

One tip for communicating with Japanese producers: Try to use an online text translator like Google Translate to communicate with them. Most of the time when I try to start out a conversation with Japanese producers in English, they'll probably tell you to translate your message and converse in Japanese, otherwise they may completely ignore your messages.

I would say that so far, only M-Project & Ryuwave have conversed with me in English 100% and I'm quite surprised they didn't ask me to translate my messages into Japanese before sending. Big ups to them!

fakka13k
Average Member

United Kingdom
182 posts
Posted - 2014/02/23 :  04:04:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit fakka13k's homepage
Surely those twats Mc Storm and Keyes are top of the bad list!

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2014/02/23 :  04:30:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by fakka13k:

For once fakka, I agree with you

Gazza1712

United Kingdom
252 posts
Posted - 2014/02/23 :  08:38:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Gazza1712's homepage
Good guys, chris unknown, he's a good guy, very friendly, Marc smith, again seems like a real nice guy, scar, petruccio, vinylgroover, Ramos, breeze always have time to reply to ya on Facebook/ twitter and not forgetting sy , an absolute gent

Bad guys

Gammer, does he ever reply to anyone? Hixxy, simply for being shit at releasing tracks over the years and holding things back, Scott brown, for coming back in the scene and still playing the same old Evo back catalogue in all his sets, jeeze make some new music that doesn't sound like stuff he use to make 10 years ago! Mc Keyes for being a complete cock and making a statement over the last few days saying gtym are making a new signing to the label and it's a game changer bla bla bla and it turned out to be mc enemy hahaha what a cock

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2014/02/23 :  11:00:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Gazza1712:
Good guys, chris unknown, he's a good guy, very friendly, Marc smith, again seems like a real nice guy, scar, petruccio, vinylgroover, Ramos, breeze always have time to reply to ya on Facebook/ twitter and not forgetting sy , an absolute gent

Bad guys

Gammer, does he ever reply to anyone? Hixxy, simply for being shit at releasing tracks over the years and holding things back, Scott brown, for coming back in the scene and still playing the same old Evo back catalogue in all his sets, jeeze make some new music that doesn't sound like stuff he use to make 10 years ago! Mc Keyes for being a complete cock and making a statement over the last few days saying gtym are making a new signing to the label and it's a game changer bla bla bla and it turned out to be mc enemy hahaha what a cock

Breeze is a strange one, he seems ok every time I've met him but god he loves a moan on social media and generally comes across as a bit of a dick.
Hixxy is a really good guy, yeah there's the raverbaby thing and the amount of unreleased tunes is ridiculous but I think aatw are partly to blame for that. Always has time for a chat and is very friendly.
Gammer is hit or miss but generally I reckon he's an arrogant arsehole. Quite funny though it has to be said.

Casketkrusher

Netherlands
30 posts
Posted - 2014/02/23 :  11:40:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Casketkrusher's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Dys7:
I feel like this post is pointlessly incendiary.

Totally agree!

http://www.mixcloud.com/DJCasketkrusher/
http://www.facebook.com/DJCasketkrusher?fref=ts

DJ Casketkrusher
100% EARLY HARDCORE

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2014/02/23 :  12:49:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage
I forgot to add Sunset Regine to my short list. Absolute legend.

Traktoririst

Estonia
43 posts
Posted - 2014/02/23 :  13:15:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Traktoririst's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by fakka13k:

I agree

DJ SMALOUM

France
423 posts
DJ SMALOUM has attended 1 event
Posted - 2014/02/23 :  16:38:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ SMALOUM's homepage
i think in the hardcore there a lot of good guys and this is the mind of hardcore. if the people make the music for the money without loves his fan he didn't chosen the hardcore because it's an underground music a music who doesn't make a lot of money contrary to housemusic, electro, jumpstyle and others shit.the hardcore is almost like a family because we are not a lot. (but there are even some guys who are bad with their listeners)

jenks
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,683 posts

19 hardcore releases
jenks has attended 1 event
Posted - 2014/02/23 :  16:49:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit jenks's homepage
I thought Gisbo was meant to be a massive twat?

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 5 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.8 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page