Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 95/6 Happyhardcore Vs Today's Hardcore
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
hooverlover

United Kingdom
321 posts
Posted - 2003/01/29 :  11:14:50  Show profile Send a private message
basically if I see a compliation with the word "HAPPY hardcore" with the present hardcore tracks from brisk/ham etc, it's not HAPPY hardcore it's just hardcore infact it's CRAP! it's sped up trance fools! I wanna threaten Brisk Hixxy and all that to make an affort to produce the BETTER 95/6 sound! I WANT THE OLD CHEESE back in! not trance with trancey poppy vocals and proper acidlines and distorted 909 kicks and shit,

if I see some one on this forum say bonkers 8 was good then you are sad! you must know in your heart that 1995/6 had better ideas! it was mroe open minded now this modern hardcore all sounds like the same it's just harder sounding trancey pop crap shit! I hope some one on here has a hell of a good argument with me because I have my proof! the bonkers 8 and 9!!!! rubbish!
WHAT ARE THEY DOING TO THE SCENE! arrrrrgh! I cry! BRING BACK THE 96 STYLE BRING IT BACK BACK BACK! (chanting) BRING IT BACK BRING IT BACK! and to be honest I don't care what anyone else ses! this ent an opinion and it's a fact know one is getting offended by me, and I'm not responsible for this so you can't get me arrested for it! I deman I ent responsible for this post :o) LOL

but really, if hardcore is gonna keep on sounding like it is now then we will just get bored! as it's just sped up trance, I really liked "Your Shinning" on bonkers 8 but hmmmmmmmm, it needs to be madder! mad piano lines and high pitched vocals! argh! I am so right tonight!

if the big producers don't do I will god damn get a job, save up money for a fast Mac with logic, buy a 909, 808, alpha juno2, tb303, super nova2, O2R digital mixer, 2xmonitors, 10 akia samplers, JV1010, microphones and a women to do the vocals for me, ADAT rec, DAT Plater/rec, CD rec, and make the tune my bloody self!!!!!!!!!! and after making my f ing proper happyhardcore 1996 stlye I will bring a bag of my cds and force HMV to put them on a shelves wether I have no record lable or not! LOL

I think UK garage is crap IMO

Alert moderator
Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2003/01/29 :  11:21:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage
quote:
if I see some one on this forum say bonkers 8 was good then you are sad!

Well, pretty much everyone liked it so that will offend alot of people.
And you are forgetting that that is YOUR opinion, therefor thats not the way it is.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
hooverlover

United Kingdom
321 posts
Posted - 2003/01/29 :  11:26:31  Show profile  Send a private message
OK you are right! I was being a bit silly there, I should of sed IMO at the end and now I gotta a bad feeling some people are gonna kill me on this thread *runs*

I think UK garage is crap IMO

virus
Advanced Member

Canada
4,346 posts

716 hardcore releases
virus has attended 41 events
Posted - 2003/01/29 :  11:32:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit virus's homepage
if you don't like the sound of today's hardcore, you're not being forced to listen it! go and buy some old cd's. If you like the '96 style, im sure you'd enjoy listening to those alot more then the new bonkers cds

Chaz

United Kingdom
25 posts

153 hardcore releases
Posted - 2003/01/29 :  11:40:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Chaz's homepage
At last someone who agrees with me that hardcore is starting to get shite. Although I think it was at its best around 94. Nowadays people are going round thinking that the new stuff from Scooter is happy hardcore and it's killing me inside.

P.S - Bonkers 8 was naff apart from sy's OLDSKOOL mix, which was ok.

Get Ready For Some Fireworks!!!

djtommyrenegade
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,311 posts
djtommyrenegade has attended 8 events
Posted - 2003/01/29 :  11:49:26  Show profile  Send a private message
i dunt like much of the new hardcore, but we have to accept that the music has progressed and it aint 96 anymore.
I still listen to the old stuff, but we must accept that our music has changed, better or worse, depends on how long ya've listened to hardcore for, older ravers(from back in the day) will prob prefer the older stuff, but ppl newer to the scene will appreciate the new stuff and may find the old stuff too cheesy!

DJ Tommy Renegade

NORTHERN IRELAND HARDCORE POSSE!

fazza
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,126 posts
fazza has donated money to the site fazza has attended 9 events
Posted - 2003/01/29 :  12:23:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit fazza's homepage
well i guess im sad then! coz i ***** loved bonkers 8 it was wkd! new hardcore just keeps gettin better and better imo!!

"I feel you, i want you, i know your touch is all i need, im waiting you're shining"

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2003/01/29 :  12:35:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage
Agreed :)

junglist_angel

Belgium
321 posts
Posted - 2003/01/29 :  12:39:17  Show profile  Send a private message
mmm...
You think that newskool hardcore is straight up hardcore? go listen to gabber, then make your opinion. I think that Happy hardcore has evolved quite a bit actually. Oldskool is good, but so is the new hardcore. You must keep an open mind here. If you don't like newskool, then fine, but don't put it down and critisize it. You have no right to!

bonkers_16
Starting Member

United Kingdom
8 posts
Posted - 2003/01/29 :  12:57:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit bonkers_16's homepage
Good question, Old skool Hardcore will always be famous. A lot of trance tunes nowadays take the lyrics from the old skool stuff but the nu skool is ****in wicked! bouncy! i reckin nu skool will be real big in about 3 months and the old skool will stop gettin played at raves! My opinion is that nu skool is way better but u cant beat the old skool! IF U GET THAT! LOL
Can u see the sunshine?!?!?!?

B-o-N-k-E-r-S

Brian K
Advanced Member

United States
8,663 posts

528 hardcore releases
Brian K has attended 5 events
Posted - 2003/01/29 :  13:22:12  Show profile  Send a private message
why must every topic of yours be vs something mr hoover? =P

you know it's not all trancey poppy vocally stuff now. you evidently haven't searched very hard to find non trance sounding hardcore either. if you don't like the stuff being produced now a days, why don't you quit you're bitching, get a job and produce you're own stuff.

there are many people who i'm sure would much rather see an advancement in the production rather than hearing the same 96 style stuff over and over.

and btw happy hardcore is dead, it's all officially hardcore now =P

"Cuz I'm hardcore, heavyweight, magical man."

TweekiN

Australia
321 posts

71 hardcore releases
TweekiN has attended 2 events
Posted - 2003/01/29 :  13:51:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit TweekiN's homepage
Bring back 94-97 HHC
OHHHHHHHHYEEAAAHHH

The FORCE is strong with this one

Go hard or GO HOME!!

Go hard or GO HOME!!

toxic
Advanced Member

Australia
1,540 posts
toxic has attended 2 events
Posted - 2003/01/29 :  16:41:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit toxic's homepage
gotta learn to cope with change ... its a part of everyday life

*shrugs*

Whisper something nice, and ill make you scream twice !!!

Heist
Advanced Member

Australia
706 posts
Posted - 2003/01/30 :  01:17:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Heist's homepage
Arguing on the internet is like competing in the special olympics.
Even if you win, you're still retarded.

Damn, i couldnt find that funny ass picture that went with that comment

www.mp3.com/djheist

WWW.VOIDDJ.COM

Mixes, Original Tracks & Remixes, Hardcore Event/Music Reviews, Pics and more...

tommo
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,233 posts
Posted - 2003/01/30 :  01:58:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit tommo's homepage
You cant expect the music to stay the same forever.
Change and progression is natural.

Im sure a lot of djs would get bored if they just made and spun the same
records for years on end.
I actually like the new stuff anyway.

Im just a bassline addict
Im just a hardcore addict
Im just a dancefloor manic
Why o why cant you just accept it.

strychnine
Advanced Member

Australia
2,268 posts

92 hardcore releases
strychnine has attended 2 events
Posted - 2003/01/30 :  02:21:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit strychnine's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Brian K:
and btw happy hardcore is dead, it's all officially hardcore now =P

Don't get me started, Brian

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.09 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page