Page: 
of 14

Author Thread  
Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2014/12/20 :  20:01:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rodz90:
quote:
Originally posted by Mickey Init:
I don't know why Squad-E doesn't just accept it.

Because he's a raver not a crazy drug addict.

That's up for debate

Alert moderator Go to top of page
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/12/20 :  20:16:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:

Because he thinks he's a raver not a crazy drug addict.

There, fixed that for you

Shades
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,189 posts
Posted - 2014/12/20 :  23:11:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Shades's homepage  Reply with quote
http://www.happyhardcore.com/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=65883

you may as well merge these 2 topics & rename them 'Karma'

AllisonM

United Kingdom
58 posts
Posted - 2014/12/21 :  14:30:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit AllisonM's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:

Because he's a raver not a crazy drug addict.

:D x

Mansy

United Kingdom
413 posts
Posted - 2014/12/22 :  14:12:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mansy's homepage  Reply with quote
Squad-E should go tell his momma!

Lara B/Galaxia
www.soundcloud.com/dimples-80

Producer of hardcore, house, trance and hardstyle [2005-2023]

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2014/12/22 :  14:42:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Dopeman:
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by arpz:
He's the biggest name in hardcore and is starting to make waves in other genres too, potentially bringing people from other scenes into ours so there's no reason at all that he shouldn't be making the big money. And like others said, 12k isn't really that much (especially as its actually only about 7500GBP)

he may be "the biggest name" but he most certainly is not the best ever since he got "famous" with all his poofy singing ******** (don't deny it the guy sings like a ****in bender) and ever since he got hardcore noticed by more people the music started to change into the ******** we hear today so i think the little prick has a lot to answer for imho

Hi squad-e, hiya pal!

What exactly does he have to answer for?

well after he got "famous" the music started to change and became more geared to "pop culture" etc the all the dubstep/electro crap came in and was the "new fresh sound" which is just complete crap

why do i say this well not one of my friends like hardcore i'm the black sheep they all like pop/rap/house etc but the love DS's hardcore tracks...BUT i let them hear a bit of scott brown, kevin energy etc and they're like "ooooh that's shit" and i tell them that's the genre DS makes and they don't belive me thy're like he does clubland etc he's definitely a major part of everything that's wrong with "UK" hardcore these days

Yep! I haven't enjoyed his music for a long time. Plus he's a fairly shit DJ. Definitely not worth $12k, if it's even close to true. (market forces blah blah, people are idiots)

I also don't understand why it's supposed to be such a good thing that DS is out there "representing hardcore". He's representing a sound that I don't want to become popular. Yay, he's introducing a shitty, watered down sound to the masses! Masses that still won't enjoy real hardcore. That's so good for us!

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2014/12/22 :  19:53:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
He's the biggest name in hardcore and is starting to make waves in other genres too, potentially bringing people from other scenes into ours so there's no reason at all that he shouldn't be making the big money. And like others said, 12k isn't really that much (especially as its actually only about 7500GBP)

he may be "the biggest name" but he most certainly is not the best ever since he got "famous" with all his poofy singing ******** (don't deny it the guy sings like a ****in bender) and ever since he got hardcore noticed by more people the music started to change into the ******** we hear today so i think the little prick has a lot to answer for imho

Hi squad-e, hiya pal!

well after he got "famous" the music started to change and became more geared to "pop culture" etc the all the dubstep/electro crap came in and was the "new fresh sound" which is just complete crap

why do i say this well not one of my friends like hardcore i'm the black sheep they all like pop/rap/house etc but the love DS's hardcore tracks...BUT i let them hear a bit of scott brown, kevin energy etc and they're like "ooooh that's shit" and i tell them that's the genre DS makes and they don't belive me thy're like he does clubland etc he's definitely a major part of everything that's wrong with "UK" hardcore these days

Yep! I haven't enjoyed his music for a long time. Plus he's a fairly shit DJ. Definitely not worth $12k, if it's even close to true. (market forces blah blah, people are idiots)

I also don't understand why it's supposed to be such a good thing that DS is out there "representing hardcore". He's representing a sound that I don't want to become popular. Yay, he's introducing a shitty, watered down sound to the masses! Masses that still won't enjoy real hardcore. That's so good for us!

agreed !

skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2014/12/22 :  23:16:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage  Reply with quote
MC Enemy
4 mins ?

Dar

2 people like this.
d e doesnt like it?
Like ? Reply ? Just now

Edited by - skarr on 2014/12/22 23:18:47
skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2014/12/22 :  23:17:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage  Reply with quote
orry, he thinks its 'not that good'
Like ? Reply ? Just now

Edited by - skarr on 2014/12/22 23:19:06
skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2014/12/22 :  23:41:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage  Reply with quote

Edited by - skarr on 2014/12/22 23:47:09
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/12/23 :  02:27:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by skarr:
MC Enemy
4 mins ?

Dar

2 people like this.
d e doesnt like it?
Like ? Reply ? Just now

What is this? lol

The Dopeman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,393 posts
Posted - 2014/12/23 :  03:58:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The Dopeman's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Hi squad-e, hiya pal!

agreed !

i don't even consider DS to be a hardcore producer it all sounds like sped up dance to me hardcore (in the uk at least) hasn't really existed since 1998 the year bouncy techno ceased to exist)

put it this way if the kick is meant to be the driving force of a hardcore track then why do the "big names" use such weak ass kicks in all their tracks i really feel like making a comparison video to show just how weak hardcore has become since it's so called rebirth plus the fact that the 170bpm rule is followed by every man and his dog to such an extent i simply can't listen to anyone's tracks but my own nowadays it's too ****ing slow for me the riffs are non existent and the basslines are worse than a trailer full of cow manure

to put it bluntly there is pretty much no HARDcore being made in the UK the fact that a lot of people still refer to dutch hardcore as gabber astonishes me...thats REAL hardcore for god sake at least that scene has some unity and doesn't have a poster boy who doesn't give a shit about anyone but himself and his mates or or have a bucktooth dumb as **** bearded wanker who everyone seems to think is a god on the decks

GOD THAT FELT GOOD!!!!

Jacco
Average Member

Unknown
166 posts
Posted - 2014/12/23 :  09:54:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Jacco's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
i don't even consider DS to be a hardcore producer it all sounds like sped up dance to me hardcore (in the uk at least) hasn't really existed since 1998 the year bouncy techno ceased to exist)

put it this way if the kick is meant to be the driving force of a hardcore track then why do the "big names" use such weak ass kicks in all their tracks i really feel like making a comparison video to show just how weak hardcore has become since it's so called rebirth plus the fact that the 170bpm rule is followed by every man and his dog to such an extent i simply can't listen to anyone's tracks but my own nowadays it's too ****ing slow for me the riffs are non existent and the basslines are worse than a trailer full of cow manure

to put it bluntly there is pretty much no HARDcore being made in the UK the fact that a lot of people still refer to dutch hardcore as gabber astonishes me...thats REAL hardcore for god sake at least that scene has some unity and doesn't have a poster boy who doesn't give a shit about anyone but himself and his mates or or have a bucktooth dumb as **** bearded wanker who everyone seems to think is a god on the decks

GOD THAT FELT GOOD!!!!

Wrong. Styles evolve, doesn't mean they need to change their name. Though I'd prefer people woulda called it UK Rave from the beginning cause that's what it is really.

ConnerIntenzifi

United Kingdom
112 posts
ConnerIntenzifi has attended 8 events
Posted - 2014/12/23 :  11:20:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit ConnerIntenzifi's homepage  Reply with quote
You would think there was Unity in the scene over there but I spoke with an Italian DJ I had over past year, basically just trying to pick his brains about the scene over there & Traxtorm & MOH had a falling out aswell so 90% of the Italians don't get booked for anything MOH related, they also tried to poach Mad Dog from Traxtorm aswell who incidentally is the only one who really gets booked off them.

Isnt acted out in the childish fashion as it is over here right enough haha

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2014/12/23 :  12:26:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Hi squad-e, hiya pal!

agreed !

GOD THAT FELT GOOD!!!!

You obviously maintain an interest in UK hardcore..... Why?

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 14 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  ... 10  11  12  13  14
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.5 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page