Page: 
of 11

Author Thread  
Impulse_Response
Advanced Member

United States
724 posts
Impulse_Response has attended 1 event
Posted - 2015/04/02 :  19:07:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Impulse_Response's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
and i like dark-hi-tech psytrance; but i am not going to market it to people who like southern country music. why would anybody think uk hardcore fans want to hear shit rap music ?
the people who they have enticed with their new shit music are the only ones who think this is mildly ok; because they DON'T know better!! i would boo his ass off stage so fast if he dropped that bunk .

Funny because I like UK hardcore, dark-hi-tech psytrance, and southern country music. Maybe I should get my hands on a country acapella and do a hardcore or psytrance remix.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
DJ D-Luc-D

United Kingdom
458 posts
Posted - 2015/04/02 :  22:19:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ D-Luc-D's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
I actually like that

and i like dark-hi-tech psytrance; but i am not going to market it to people who like southern country music. why would anybody think uk hardcore fans want to hear shit rap music ?
the people who they have enticed with their new shit music are the only ones who think this is mildly ok; because they DON'T know better!! i would boo his ass off stage so fast if he dropped that bunk .

this is so bad my mind is blown.
i despise that with all my entirety .

Dude, come on, have an open mind. You don't have to like it but allow him to have some freedom with what he produces. The fact is UK Hardcore is getting a lot more attention from "outsiders" now so it's not like it's completely the wrong target audience, even then it's not like he's made a promise to produce only hardcore for the rest of his life. Sure, if he'd been booked to play a hardcore set somewhere and he'd played this kind of stuff I'd understand people getting disappointed as it's like false advertisement but this is totally different because nobody's commissioning him to only make Hardcore forever.

Anyway, it seems like plenty of people including me enjoyed it so you can't call it "shit" because it's obviously well-produced. How about "It's good but not to my tastes"?

Check out my netlabel Touitsu Recordings: http://touitsurecordings.jaycore.eu --- http://soundcloud.com/touitsu-recordings --- http://www.facebook.com/TouitsuRecordings

Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2015/04/02 :  22:47:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage  Reply with quote
It's good but not to my tastes.

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2015/04/02 :  23:06:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage  Reply with quote
It is shite to be fair.

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2015/04/03 :  16:07:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
if i am driving 300 miles and buying a ticket to hear a hardcore set i will be furious if he drops some ******** like that at any point.
seriously?
it does 100% nothing for me.
and it has 100% nothing to with rave music or the party; especially hardcore rave music.
Gammer can do whatever the **** he wants. but you CANNOT please everybody. there is no "one cure all " figure out who you want to please; and do it well. melting pots of too many different vibes and styles is trash. i like UK hardcore because IT IS UK hardcore. i dont want to go to a rave and be next to someone who is there to here trap. i dont want to go to a rave and hear trap.
how about he just tells us what kind of set he is spinning?
why do some hardcore djs feel entitled to drop whatever they want and expect everyone to take it because " they are an artist"
no; i am paying cash to see you drop what you claim to be dropping; at a happy hardcore party.
tons of people can make a "well produced track"
that definitely doesn't make it good or worthy of my attention.
i am seeking a very specific sound that gives me a very specific feeling ; within a scene that barely has any left to begin with; and they ruined a good lot of it with some really bad new labels.
attracting a crowd that thinks this is "hardcore" ; and not only that; it is literally a subgroup of people who bring bad vibes to a rave. they are not ravers. maybe you guys don't get it...

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2015/04/03 :  16:10:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DJ D-Luc-D:
quote:
quote:
I actually like that

this is so bad my mind is blown.
i despise that with all my entirety .

Dude, come on, have an open mind. You don't have to like it but allow him to have some freedom with what he produces. The fact is UK Hardcore is getting a lot more attention from "outsiders" now so it's not like it's completely the wrong target audience, even then it's not like he's made a promise to produce only hardcore for the rest of his life. Sure, if he'd been booked to play a hardcore set somewhere and he'd played this kind of stuff I'd understand people getting disappointed as it's like false advertisement but this is totally different because nobody's commissioning him to only make Hardcore forever.

Anyway, it seems like plenty of people including me enjoyed it so you can't call it "shit" because it's obviously well-produced. How about "It's good but not to my tastes"?

have you been listening to his sets? that is exactly what he is doing
hes got some lame ass obsession with trap music and kanye west and thinks everyone else does too
* honestly i think it is talentless trash; i can turn on the radio and hear really bad music like that for the most basic commercial brainwashed people 24/7
kanye west is a joke. not a role model

Edited by - trippnface on 2015/04/03 16:13:03
oxis

Portugal
128 posts
Posted - 2015/04/03 :  16:22:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit oxis's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
if i am driving 300 miles and buying a ticket to hear a hardcore set i will be furious if he drops some ******** like that at any point.

there is a big difference between what he plays at a set and what he uploads to soundcloud. you were bashing the latter and suddenly it's about live shows. someone remind me of what we are talking about again?

quote:
have you been listening to his sets? that is exactly what he is doing
hes got some lame ass obsession with trap music and kanye west and thinks everyone else does too
* honestly i think it is talentless trash; i can turn on the radio and hear really bad music like that for the most basic commercial brainwashed people 24/7
kanye west is a joke. not a role model

vote with your wallet. don't go to his shows
clearly he is experimenting and if it doesn't stick then it doesn't stick. the worst that can happen is a few misinformed ravers mistake trap for hardcore or the other way around (which is RETARDED because trap is 50x more popular than hardcore and they sound nothing alike). the rest boils down to you not liking something, which is ok but that doesn't give you the right to say it is inherently bad lol

Edited by - oxis on 2015/04/03 16:22:37
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,085 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2015/04/03 :  17:00:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
NekoShuffle, is that you? :P

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2015/04/03 :  17:03:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
seriously?
and it has 100% nothing to with rave music or the party; especially hardcore rave music.
Gammer can do whatever the **** he wants. but you CANNOT please everybody. there is no "one cure all " figure out who you want to please; and do it well. melting pots of too many different vibes and styles is trash. i like UK hardcore because IT IS UK hardcore. i dont want to go to a rave and be next to someone who is there to here trap. i dont want to go to a rave and hear trap.
why do some hardcore djs feel entitled to drop whatever they want and expect everyone to take it because " they are an artist"
no; i am paying cash to see you drop what you claim to be dropping; at a happy hardcore party.
i am seeking a very specific sound that gives me a very specific feeling ; within a scene that barely has any left to begin with; and they ruined a good lot of it with some really bad new labels.
attracting a crowd that thinks this is "hardcore" ; and not only that; it is literally a subgroup of people who bring bad vibes to a rave. they are not ravers. maybe you guys don't get it...

Smashing.

But you're using what you want as a basis for what everyone else should want too.

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2015/04/03 :  18:11:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
seriously?

But this isn't a rave he's playing at. It's his soundcloud account. So none of that really matters because he's not going to be playing it at a rave.

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2015/04/03 :  20:29:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
Besides, i'd NEVER go to an event just to see 1 DJ, regardless of how 'big' they are.

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2015/04/03 :  21:33:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Besides, i'd NEVER go to an event just to see 1 DJ, regardless of how 'big' they are.

I would. But that's because here where I live it's a rarity to even see one well-known hardcore DJ since they're expensive to book. And they are usually booked one at a time. And on even rarer occasions, I'd travel the distant for certain DJs, like when Kevin Energy did his final US appearances before "retiring" me and 2 friends drove almost 800 miles just to see him in Nashville. But we also had the chance to have drinks and dinner with him the 2 evenings before his show so yea that was worth it! :) But these days I probably wouldn't travel great distances like that anymore for just one DJ unless it's an extremely rare situation like that one was.

As far as that travesty of a track goes, it's awful. But that doesn't mean I despise what gammer has become just because of that track. Like others have mentioned, he's not promoting it as a hardcore track nor has he went full-on trap at raves. Someone needs to get over themselves and stop overreacting.

Claxton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,050 posts
Claxton has attended 3 events
Posted - 2015/04/03 :  22:22:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Claxton's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

What if it was your favourite DJ and it was their last even set before they retired?

What if Brisk was playing an 8 hour set and was the only DJ playing? and it was his last EVER set!

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2015/04/03 :  23:15:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:
quote:

What if it was your favourite DJ and it was their last even set before they retired?

What if Brisk was playing an 8 hour set and was the only DJ playing? and it was his last EVER set!

In other words what if it was Claxton?

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2015/04/03 :  23:58:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
It is shite to be fair.

Completely fair.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 11 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 7  8  9  10  11
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.61 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page