Page: 
of 3

Author Thread  
fazza
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,126 posts
fazza has donated money to the site fazza has attended 9 events
Posted - 2003/03/15 :  01:59:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit fazza's homepage  Reply with quote
you can get the dimensions to build the box for the sub off the internet. my mate made his for his 700watt pioneer and it sounds sweet!!!

"I feel you, i want you, i know your touch is all i need, im waiting you're shining"

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Raver_Davie

United Kingdom
281 posts
Posted - 2003/03/16 :  13:23:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
^^^ Where would you find them Fazza?

Dave!

fazza
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,126 posts
fazza has donated money to the site fazza has attended 9 events
Posted - 2003/03/17 :  05:00:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit fazza's homepage  Reply with quote
not sure mate. ill ask him where he got them from and get back to u

"I feel you, i want you, i know your touch is all i need, im waiting you're shining"

Raver_Davie

United Kingdom
281 posts
Posted - 2003/03/17 :  13:57:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
^^^ Thanks

Dave!

GregE
Average Member

Australia
183 posts
GregE has attended 3 events
Posted - 2003/03/17 :  17:04:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit GregE's homepage  Reply with quote
was talking to a guy at the neophyte concert on sat night who was a truck driver, he has a full soney explode system in his truck that pumps out 150+db.....he told me it is what make work bearable :)
GregE

GET THAT FOOKING HAIR CUT!!!! (Dj UFO)

silver
Admin

Japan
12,548 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2003/03/17 :  22:27:51  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage  Reply with quote
150db is technically 13.3 times louder than a 747 plane so I dont think so since a 747 is about 110 db and every 3db you double the loudness.

The world record is something like 163db using a van that is totally fitted out with massive speakers...

Speaking from experence 128 db pop's out your front window... whoops :)

----------------------------------
you, me and hardcore forever.

Weird Fish

Aruba
437 posts
Posted - 2003/03/17 :  22:42:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Weird Fish's homepage  Reply with quote
And probably your eardrums would pop out eventually.....could it?

I'm 41,47727272727273 % insane!!!

silver
Admin

Japan
12,548 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2003/03/18 :  00:52:17  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage  Reply with quote
Sure anything over say 105db will make you deaf

DJ Mouse
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,687 posts
DJ Mouse has attended 1 event
Posted - 2003/03/18 :  06:12:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
i thought every 6db was double??

--------------------------------------------------
"Did you know that eleven plus two is an anagram of twelve plus one?"

DJ Mouse

DiA

United Kingdom
87 posts
Posted - 2003/03/18 :  12:03:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
i know someone who has bolted down a huge **** off speaker in his boot, and it does sound ****in excellent!

strychnine
Advanced Member

Australia
2,268 posts

92 hardcore releases
strychnine has attended 2 events
Posted - 2003/03/18 :  12:21:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit strychnine's homepage  Reply with quote
A couple of years ago one of the car-mod mags down here (Hot4s, I think, or one of its subsidiary publications) built as a feature-car what they called the Hellbus, a Kombi stripped down to the absolute barest essentials required for driving and then loaded to the gunwales with MTX audio-gear. It went on to become the first Australian-built vehicle to officially break the 160db barrier (although its record was broken pretty soon after).

Anyways, the cool thing was that in between all the speaker baffles and amp racks in the back was a small bench that you could sit on while the system was pumping. I don't think they ever cranked it to max while anyone was inside, but my experience with that seat had me fearing for my life.

It had to be done.

DJ Mouse
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,687 posts
DJ Mouse has attended 1 event
Posted - 2003/03/18 :  12:30:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
i saw on a tv program once there was this van that was jam packed with speakers and they put loads of glasses on the boot...smashed the lot within a few seconds. if only i had a system like that in my car

--------------------------------------------------
"Did you know that eleven plus two is an anagram of twelve plus one?"

DJ Mouse

GregE
Average Member

Australia
183 posts
GregE has attended 3 events
Posted - 2003/03/25 :  13:34:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit GregE's homepage  Reply with quote
silver, it was measured withh a flat level meater, by my self who is a train occupation health and safety officer, please not that a lot of the measurement are taken from different places and orrintations in the car that usuallyresult in the bass being measured, however measuring on a flat level right at ear level measurs all sound levels includeing high pitched noise which travels less distance than bass.
and on the health and safety side of things any thing over a peak volume of 90db will do u perimant damage and an avrage of 80db over 8hrs is the legal occupation limit for where i live/work, u wont notice the damage till u are about 30 and u lose most of your high pitched hearing, (i always wear ear plugs when out..i might look like a bit of a knob but i still have my hearing)
and yeah silver thanks for bring back the nightmares of accoustic physic *shudders and remembers the pages and pages of maths equations*
GregE

GET THAT FOOKING HAIR CUT!!!! (Dj UFO)

silver
Admin

Japan
12,548 posts

894 hardcore releases
Posted - 2003/03/25 :  15:17:32  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage  Reply with quote
^^^ Thanks interesting post, all car's are measured on SPL (Sound pressure level), I don't know about your job and how things are messured there but thanks for the info.

Simon
Advanced Member

Belgium
5,001 posts
Simon has donated money to the site Simon has attended 5 events
Posted - 2003/03/25 :  22:51:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Simon's homepage  Reply with quote
Doesn't Jonah lomu have one of the loadest car sound systems in the world.

Everything is random, your probebly not meant to read this!!!!!!

You Turn & Face The Strange..............You Turn & Face Yourself!!!

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.17 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page