HU, LT & HTIDUSA Blu The Roof Kickstarter Project
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 32

Author Thread  
shades316

United Kingdom
26 posts
Posted - 2015/08/10 :  17:15:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit shades316's homepage  Reply with quote
Haven't seen this mentioned on FB by Gammer, Styles, HTID etc. Such a shame....

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Ikstra

United Kingdom
85 posts
Posted - 2015/08/10 :  17:33:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ikstra's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by shades316:

There's still 3 weeks for things to happen.

shades316

United Kingdom
26 posts
Posted - 2015/08/10 :  17:41:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit shades316's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ikstra:
quote:
Originally posted by shades316:

There's still 3 weeks for things to happen.

Yep, I do agree... Just keen for the initial target to be reached and for some \ all of the stretch goals to be realised. ☺ Maybe I am just impatient!

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2015/08/10 :  17:49:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
Not at all. Everybody with any kind of interest should have been right behind it from the start.

But there's obviously nothing in it for them....

shades316

United Kingdom
26 posts
Posted - 2015/08/10 :  18:47:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit shades316's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
Not at all. Everybody with any kind of interest should have been right behind it from the start.

But there's obviously nothing in it for them....

On one hand I think it would be cool if this whole project was realised without any of them. Kind of like a big F.U!

On the other it goes against the whole ethos of working together for the greater good.

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2015/08/13 :  08:26:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
It's gone a bit quiet now :(

Grrrrr

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2015/08/13 :  09:39:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
We were waiting for a massive pledge to happen before updating, but KS have yet to resolve so we'll have to resume updates and other planned promo.

This *always* happens in the middle of any crowdfunding campaign, and isn't really a cause for concern. We've got some cool stuff to reveal next week and the following week, and will do a huge push over the last weekend.

We're *far* from showing our hand

It's alarming just how disinterested a lot of cliques actually are in the wider scene though. It's going to be very hard for anyone to get the genre back to rude health in this climate I fear.

CDJAy

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2015/08/13 :  10:11:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
It's nice that the kickstarted has raised a fair amount of money, but the actually amount of contributers (excluding me atm), is very low. 100 people doesn't sound like it has engaged many people.

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2015/08/13 :  10:20:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
We were waiting for a massive pledge to happen before updating, but KS have yet to resolve so we'll have to resume updates and other planned promo.

This *always* happens in the middle of any crowdfunding campaign, and isn't really a cause for concern. We've got some cool stuff to reveal next week and the following week, and will do a huge push over the last weekend.

We're *far* from showing our hand

It's alarming just how disinterested a lot of cliques actually are in the wider scene though. It's going to be very hard for anyone to get the genre back to rude health in this climate I fear.

CDJAy

All sounding positive :) Wasn't really trying to put a negative on it since it looks like it's going to happen at least, just thought the updates would be more frequent after fracus' day two update.

It's so incredible, it costs nothing at all to retweet or repost something. What is actually going on here? It can't be that they're not aware of it, is it concern that if HU gains too much traction it will cause problems for the mainstream lot? I really can't see how there aren't at least individuals doing a bit of reposting, even if it doesn't match the overall view of whatever collection of dicks they represent, is there perhaps something contractual preventing them from doing it? (if so, why?!!) Grr.

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2015/08/13 :  12:59:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
Like I said before, far too many people thinking 'if it doesn't benefit me, why should I bother'?

The fact that things like this do a lot for the 'scene' as a whole never gets recognised, too many artists and labels are happy with their small slice of a small pie when they could be part of a bigger, all you can eat pie buffet!

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2015/08/13 :  13:09:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
There's still plenty of time for people to engage, we always intended to front load with an engaged audience to make it actually happen. How much we can ultimately do with it, though, was always going to lie in the couple of hundred passingly interested people.

Should have some stuff re: the cameras and workflow early next week.

CDJay

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2015/08/13 :  17:16:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
it kind of sucks cuz most of the people that rave in the states spend 400 bucks on a festival for ticket ALONE for some mainstream crap. if we could get a few of these people to contribute to a cause liek this instead we would be done in 1 day.

for example i saw people talking about nocturnal tickets where gammer & styles will be playing ; price was over 350 for just tickets!!!! sure it is a massive with a large line up and huge sound; but do they know they could see styles & gammer for less than half that price and have 100x better time?

just need like 4 EDC kids to support this lol >.>

Edited by - trippnface on 2015/08/13 17:17:16
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2015/08/13 :  18:04:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
it kind of sucks cuz most of the people that rave in the states spend 400 bucks on a festival for ticket ALONE for some mainstream crap.

First of all, those aren't real raves and second those aren't real "ravers." And I doubt the majority of the ones who want to see Styles & Gammer spend that much just for them, they're seeing a plethora of other shit as well.

And you can't compare Nocturnal to this kickstarter because they're an entirely different thing. Nocturnal is an event and this is more of a product. Granted this kickstarter is based on an event, but the end result that you're getting is a Blu-Ray/DVD of the event.

Also, you can't expect that much good support from American "ravers", they're some of the cheapest turds in this country who think a $20 cover charge is outrageous.

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2015/08/13 :  18:26:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
it kind of sucks cuz most of the people that rave in the states spend 400 bucks on a festival for ticket ALONE for some mainstream crap.

First of all, those aren't real raves and second those aren't real "ravers." And I doubt the majority of the ones who want to see Styles & Gammer spend that much just for them, they're seeing a plethora of other shit as well.

And you can't compare Nocturnal to this kickstarter because they're an entirely different thing. Nocturnal is an event and this is more of a product. Granted this kickstarter is based on an event, but the end result that you're getting is a Blu-Ray/DVD of the event.

Also, you can't expect that much good support from American "ravers", they're some of the cheapest turds in this country who think a $20 cover charge is outrageous.

i feel ya; i just think with how cheap tickets are nearly everyone could support this somewhat.

100 backers for how many people attending is super weak. just compared it to noc because you could get ticket to this; goodies; and the blu the roof and still have more leftover money

just feel like screaming at some of these people but i guess you are right; they are not really ravers...but damn they should spend their money on this >.>

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2015/08/17 :  11:33:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
We'll be back on the promo this week, got a lot of cool stuff to talk about!

CDJay

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 32 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  ... 28  29  30  31  32
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 2.19 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page