of 11

Author Thread  
Underloop
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,895 posts

91 hardcore releases
Underloop has donated money to the site Underloop has attended 5 events
Posted - 2015/10/29 :  17:38:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Underloop's homepage  Reply with quote
Absolutely love this album! Need to make some space for a proper listen (i.e. not with work interruptions) but so far, so great!

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Laser

United States
33 posts
Posted - 2015/11/01 :  06:19:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Laser's homepage  Reply with quote
I think their recent guest mix on Keeping the Rave Alive sold me on it.

Tracks I'm stoked for include Heart on Fire and Join Us Now!

Check out my end of the year mix full of 2015 hardcore tunes on my SC! :D

https://soundcloud.com/laserraccoon/year-of-the-banger

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2015/11/01 :  09:31:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
The thing ive found with the album is that a lot of the tracks are real growers. On very first hearing I seen some of them as strong but safe vocal tracks but there's much more to them than that.

My love for them has continued to grow with each listen which for me, is a sign of strong music whatever the genre. I find its the tracks that you grow to love that stand the test of time.

In this era of disposable hardcore tracks this stands tall. Bloody good effort! :)

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2015/11/01 :  11:59:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
Always the intent with their artist albums; I miss the days of slightly more musically complex hardcore that rewarded repeat listening with details and textures perhaps missed the first few times around. That's one of the things that make me rate F&S so highly.

No idea where it'll land critically relative to the other three albums, but it strikes a good balance of being true to genre/self whilst also being quite accessible and credible out of genre.

Glad you're enjoying, and hopefully the appreciation index continues skywards over time

CDJay

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2015/11/01 :  13:45:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
How well is it selling in comparison to the previous albums?

Would hope that their increased exposure is paying off in some way.

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2015/11/01 :  14:10:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
For reference, we pressed 500 of Balancing Act (CDR *spits*) and then another 500 of the SE in 2014, 1000 of Point of No Return (now complately sold out) and 1500 of Filth & Dumb Hatred (1000 original pressing, 500 represses with barcodes). We've actually pressed marginally less of Diversions, for now; but have ordered 300 (!) LP/USB. The upfront costs are way higher than anything else we've done due to the mastering, laquer cutting, heavyweight vinyl etc. We very nearly opted for half-speed laquer cutting, but were informed it would cost "more than the mastering" so we thought better of it

We can't really compare with PONR, due to the way it was released through external vendors, but I'd say it's roughly in line but not *quite* where F&DH was after the first two weeks of release. It's not a straightforward comparison, though, due to the timing of pre-orders against payday and relative lack of promotion (video and newsletter are still to come). We'll have a better picture after a month. What I will say is that the vinyl is absolutely where I wanted it to be despite the aforementioned, which bodes well for current and future projects. Really keen to press more Point of No Return, as I don't like artist albums not being available, but not sure exactly how or when to do so.

I'm very much looking forward to getting the vinyl and USBs, and hurling some of them tactically out of genre. We've always known that our supporters are the only reason we exist, but between this and the Blu The Roof project they've enabled us to punch well above our weight. This year has been *very* hard work, but now the trick is to translate the results into something that pushes both HU and the wider genre forward!

CDJay

Edited by - CDJay on 2015/11/01 14:18:23
AoS_Lorenzo

United States
79 posts
Posted - 2015/11/01 :  15:05:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit AoS_Lorenzo's homepage  Reply with quote
I'll do a review eventually :)

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2015/11/01 :  16:06:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
got to jam this on the way back from storm.

hands down best fracus & darwin cd yet for me.
they straight own.
so many powerful tunes

Impulse_Response
Advanced Member

United States
724 posts
Impulse_Response has attended 1 event
Posted - 2015/11/01 :  19:36:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Impulse_Response's homepage  Reply with quote
This deluxe limited edition release came at a bad time for me. I just spent a bunch on albums that I have wanted for a while, and I didn't have the extra 40 pounds to throw at Diversions. It's unfortunate that the hi-res files on USB are offered only with the vinyl. If the HU download store that I've seen people talk about ever happens, with these be made available that way?

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2015/11/01 :  20:11:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
We're going to offer the vinyl with Usb separately when the vinyl ships, but the high res audio and insane mastering is heavily subsidized by the vinyl.

CDJay

AoS_Lorenzo

United States
79 posts
Posted - 2015/11/01 :  20:38:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit AoS_Lorenzo's homepage  Reply with quote
01. Fracus & Darwin feat. Sarah Clanton - Collide
-Not the biggest fan of the vocal but it?s still quality. Really digging the synth along with the bassline. Proper DnB/BBHC. Not your typical Fracus & Darwin tune. Really shows what else they?re capable of.
7/10

02. Fracus & Darwin vs. Bass Selective - Blow Out Part 4
-Ravey/stompin yet melodic. An amazing tune for the dancefloor that I experienced at HTID. When the piano hits with the breakbeat then the 4/4 kicks- GENIUS and it flows perfectly. This tune is a perfect mix of everything about Fracus & Darwin that?s awesome.
10/10

03. Fracus & Darwin feat. Jenna - Believe In Something
-First thing; the kick/bass on this tune is ACE. Vocal is ridiculously good. Then the ****ing build makes me lose it. SO GOOD! It?s just next level. Tune of the year in my opinion. Everything about this tune is perfect & ?memorable? which is rare in 2015.
10/10

04. Fracus & Darwin - Break These Records
-What stands out to me about this tune is how powerful the lead & bassline are. Also, it?s a simple vocal used wisely & perfectly. The overall feel almost has the older F&D feel but with a fresh new spin on it!
9/10

05. Fracus & Darwin vs. Reese - Cross The Line
-Crazy yet clean breakbeat along with the melody from the original. Love it! Not the biggest fan of the whine synth, but it?s still good & I can?t complain much. It sounds a lot better when used with the breakbeat/bassline. Reese?s rap is top notch & I wish he would return to hardcore or at least do a few tunes with F&D.
8/10

06. Fracus & Darwin feat. Poison Rain - No Matter What
-Love the melodies/synths! Idk what else to say. It?s a really good tune tho!
9/10

07. Fracus & Darwin feat. Rowetta - More Than I Can Take
-Cool tune. Just isn?t really my thing. Top notch production as always.
7/10

08. Fracus & Darwin - Music's Hypnotising
-Ravey pianos with the uplifting melodies. Signature F&D. Everything I love about their music is in this tune. A tune that inspires me to make my own music normally.
10/10

09. Fracus & Darwin feat. Drew Flanagan - Only One Of Me
-The vocal is top notch. I love the intro piano. Another one of those tunes that shows what Fracus & Darwin are capable of doing outside of hardcore. I personally prefer the hardcore mix of this tune.
7/10

10. Fracus & Darwin - Heart On Fire
-It?s a decent tune. Just not 100% my thing. Not really keen on the vocal.
8/10

11. Fracus & Darwin vs. Michael Mansion - Loved Again
-My 2nd favorite tune behind Believe In Something. Every time Fracus & Darwin do a tune with Michael Mansion, it?s always something really good. This doesn?t disappoint. My favorite thing about the tune is the electric guitar-ish sounding synth. Very unique/catchy. Makes the tune over the top
10/10

12. Fracus & Darwin - Roar
-Insanely catchy melodies, More of a ?dancefloor tune?.
9/10

13. Fracus & Darwin - Stepmania
-Very very unique tune. Very very creative. Hardstyle sounding melodies. A lot of hardstyle elements without going full on hardstyle core. Really enjoy this!
10/10

14. Fracus & Darwin feat. Pearl Blue - Join Us Now
-Tune of the whole HTID USA trip. Ridiculously good. Hardstyle core done perfectly! Everything about this tune is so damn good.
10/10

What I took away from this album is the fact Fracus & Darwin continue to grow. They stay true to their sound while evolving as artist. My favorite album of the 4 so far. Maybe it?s because of the HTID USA trip is emotionally attached to a good portion of these tunes.

Edited by - AoS_Lorenzo on 2015/11/01 20:39:19
Impulse_Response
Advanced Member

United States
724 posts
Impulse_Response has attended 1 event
Posted - 2015/11/02 :  00:41:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Impulse_Response's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
We're going to offer the vinyl with Usb separately when the vinyl ships, but the high res audio and insane mastering is heavily subsidized by the vinyl.

CDJay

I can understand insane mastering costing a lot, but high res audio? It doesn't cost anything to set your DAW to 24-96, unless you're talking about the cost of the custom USB drives.

Still, I would have bought it if I had the 40 pounds for the deluxe set. Thanks for the flat rate shipping; I hope you're not losing too much by shipping over 15 albums for 8.50.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,092 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2015/11/02 :  04:42:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Advather:
quote:

CDJay

I can understand insane mastering costing a lot, but high res audio? It doesn't cost anything to set your DAW to 24-96, unless you're talking about the cost of the custom USB drives.

Still, I would have bought it if I had the 40 pounds for the deluxe set. Thanks for the flat rate shipping; I hope you're not losing too much by shipping over 15 albums for 8.50.

i believe actually making it worth using 24-96 could cost alot

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2015/11/02 :  12:49:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Advather:
quote:

CDJay

My apologies, that wasn't very clear. What I mean is that the overall project costs (IE the mastering) are heavily subsidised by the vinyl release; it's the reason we could justify going down to Metropolis. As such, if we supplied the 24/96 audio separately to the vinyl, it would be almost impossible to recoup.

Next time around, hopefully, we'll be in a better overall position and can then do what we ultimately want to do (initial limited edition CD/vinyl runs, high res audio on our store, general availability on other download sites).

Baby steps

CDJay

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2015/11/02 :  13:40:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
The missus hasn't told me to (and I quote) 'turn that shit off' yet, so it must be alright ;-)

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 11 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 7  8  9  10  11
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.88 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page