Page: 
of 3

Author Thread  
Claxton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,050 posts
Claxton has attended 3 events
Posted - 2016/01/21 :  23:24:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Claxton's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by wong:
tbf the older normal clublands were great

They were. Up until around number 5. The hardcore was just.... different. more...

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2016/01/22 :  00:12:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:
By accident and as a result of naivety really.

As a kid (who knew nothing) I used to by the Clubland albums. I just kept buying them and then one called Clubland X-Treme Hardcore came out. To me I just assumed it was the same as the others so bought it not knowing any different or having any kind of genre identification.

I completely fell for the increased tempo and energy over the commercial trance CDs and how in your face the melodies were. The riffs completely controlled the music and were a lot sharper than the commercial trance ones.

I also had an interest in the North East Makina scene at this point, but again, didn't really relate the significance of this till a later date.

Did you spend the first minute or so looking at your stereo going "what the fuck is wrong with this thing?"

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2016/01/22 :  01:20:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
My first experience with hardcore is in the late 90s from hearing random tracks from Dune, Blumchen/Blossom and Scooter (his Our Happy Hardcore stuff). I ran into those tracks through some friends and on napster, but as a whole genre I didn't think much of it because I was heavily into trance and vocal trance at that time.

It wasn't until late 2000 that I really got into the genre when a friend of mine lent me the Happy 2B Hardcore Ch3 album that I instantly fell in love with the fast uplifting beats. After that I ran into the rest or the H2BH series at stores and various other albums from the HighBorn label. And I also ran into the Happy Hour Radio show that Anabolic Frolic hosted. It's a shame I never learned how my friend discovered the album I would have liked to know that story.

warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,939 posts
warped_candykid has attended 5 events
Posted - 2016/01/22 :  03:31:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
My first experience with hardcore is in the late 90s from hearing random tracks from Dune, Blumchen/Blossom and Scooter (his Our Happy Hardcore stuff). I ran into those tracks through some friends and on napster, but as a whole genre I didn't think much of it because I was heavily into trance and vocal trance at that time.

It wasn't until late 2000 that I really got into the genre when a friend of mine lent me the Happy 2B Hardcore Ch3 album that I instantly fell in love with the fast uplifting beats. After that I ran into the rest or the H2BH series at stores and various other albums from the HighBorn label. And I also ran into the Happy Hour Radio show that Anabolic Frolic hosted. It's a shame I never learned how my friend discovered the album I would have liked to know that story.

Yay!! Happy2bHardcore!

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2016/01/22 :  07:21:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:
quote:
tbf the older normal clublands were great

They were. Up until around number 5. The hardcore was just.... different. more...

Wait, are y'all talking about the same compilation, or different ones? I thought Wong was saying the original regular Clubland non-hardcore albums were great, while you Claxton are thinking that Wong is talking about the Clubland X-Treme Hardcore ones.

But yea the CXH albums 5 and after, just fell flat compared to the previous ones. 4 is the last great one.

Edited by - latininxtc on 2016/01/22 17:01:04
rafferty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts
Posted - 2016/01/22 :  09:04:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit rafferty's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest:
got bonged up to all the fusion in bath pavilion tapes too much

Similar way for me. I grew up not far from Bath. Hardcore sounded alot more real back then.

Candy & anime was just a faze & a total embarrassment that everyone mocks and laughs at now.

Thumpa
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,600 posts
Thumpa is verified hardcore artist Thumpa has attended 81 events
Posted - 2016/01/22 :  12:52:42  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Thumpa's homepage  Reply with quote
As a kid I was into rave music (I got Rave 92 on cassette when I was 10 for Christmas) but I didn't really know about raves, I just liked the music like The Prodigy, SL2, 2 Unlimited etc.

Then in 1996 I was cleaning my room was Radio 1 on and they had a broadcast from Tribal Gathering, John Peel was on air and said 'and now, time for DJ Vibes' and I just stood there transfixed by Vibes & Livelee playing music over the loudest whistles and horns I'd ever heard. The next week I went and bought my first records and got some decks, I was 14!

I'm now 33 and still obsessing over it.

wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2016/01/22 :  13:19:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage  Reply with quote
latininxtc i was talking about the original clublands, not the hardcore ones

SPOOX
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,644 posts
Posted - 2016/01/22 :  13:26:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit SPOOX's homepage  Reply with quote
My older cousin introduced me to pirate radio late 1990. I used to record the shows to cassette. One of the very first tapes i recorded is dated October '90 (i still have the tape now but unfortunately most of the others either got lost or chewed up by my crappy walkman i had back then) so this is pretty much when i first began liking the music.
I basically just followed the scene from then on. When the Old Skool split & one way went Jungle, the other Hardcore i followed both scenes. It's over 25 years now & i still regularly buy CD albums/packs & love buying some of the older vinyl i missed years ago.

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2016/01/22 :  17:05:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
latininxtc i was talking about the original clublands, not the hardcore ones

Yea that's what I meant. I forgot to add the 'non-' part to hardcore in that sentence.

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2016/01/22 :  23:43:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
A girl i wanted to bang listened to scooter (the more poppy stuff) and i explored on from there.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.11 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page