Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 ReBuild Music 'Like A Phoenix' 3CD NEARLY SOLD OUT
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 7

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Thumpa
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,600 posts
Thumpa is verified hardcore artist Thumpa has attended 81 events
Posted - 2016/10/13 :  22:32:59  Show profile View artist profile Send a private message  Visit Thumpa's homepage
UPDATE 12TH NOVEMBER - ONLY 30 COPIES LEFT!

Like A Phoenix 3CD out now at www.rebuildmusic.com. 36 brand new, 100% exclusive tracks on triple disc digipak with beautiful original art from Transformers comic artist Dan Khanna. Strictly limited to 300 copies (with dual ownership of WAVS, buy the CD get the WAVs), only ?15 inc FREE shipping to UK / ?20 to Rest Of World. Featuring artists Joey Riot, Kevin Energy, A.B, Transcend, Nomic, jD-KiD, Macks Wolf & Jekyll, M-Project, Deeper Territory (Darwin) and many more!

For more info - https://www.facebook.com/thisisrebuildmusic/ and coming soon www.rebuildmusic.com

Alert moderator

Edited by - Thumpa on 2016/11/12 12:18:25
Thumpa
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,600 posts
Posted - 2016/10/13 :  22:34:19  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Thumpa's homepage
Silver please don't delete this thread, please delete the thread in the new releases forum, as I've seen the HU reboot series in this forum.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,085 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2016/10/14 :  03:46:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
I still don't get how people keep ignoring those forums... As long as it's active, everyone can see them under both New Topics and Recent Topics... I guess laziness is a virtue :P

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2016/10/14 :  07:31:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage
Bugger me. Fifteen pounds for this. You'd be a fool to miss out, seriously.

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,085 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2016/10/14 :  10:17:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
Preview of the album: I'd rather spend 100 quid on a 10-tracked album by DJ Ham no-one is sure is ever going to see the light of day.

:P
It will be nice to have a MULTI-genre/styled Hardcore album again. It's quite expensive to buy japanese albums all th time...

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2016/10/14 :  12:10:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage
Digging that artwork!

skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2016/10/14 :  17:53:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage
Much better than the hardcore heaven artwork.

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2016/10/15 :  00:26:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage
I can't stress enough just how much I wish I wasn't going to, and didn't, bite when needlessly baited but...

- I love that we're actually pushing needless competition between two of the very few things actually happening

- I also love that after 10 years anyone in their right mind thinks that we've actually shown our hand based on some online artwork. We did a triple CD digipak back in 2006, and we're now raising the game.

CDJay

Edited by - CDJay on 2016/10/15 02:25:05
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,085 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2016/10/15 :  05:50:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
well, I don't know how many times I have bought stuff just because of the cover, just to get dissapointed
by the content. Why do you think they kept slapping girls on the covers of most album in the mid 00s?

On the same note, I have probably missed out on very good stuff, just because the artwork didn't appeal
to me.

I might not be a person with graphical design skills, but I have to be honest, unless the HH/HU artwork
is just a sampler/teaser, it just shows lazyness (really, it's just a black background, with the HH logo,
a 2nd HH logo just showing the outline and a cityscape plastered inbetween).

If anything, we need more of these:

Edited by - Samination on 2016/10/15 05:56:26
Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2016/10/15 :  08:16:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage
Anything championed by HU will far outweigh anything championed by Rebuild because the latter is fixated on freeform which is dying on it's arse. That's not to say that the Rebuild album will be good because there are usually a few gems on there but HU is committing to a wider scope of an already small scene where as Rebuild caters to a part that seems to want to seperate. As for artwork, i've never cared for the transformer art and i think the understated HU artwork is much better as it doesn't glare at you.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,085 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2016/10/15 :  13:36:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
Anything championed by HU will far outweigh anything championed by Rebuild because the latter is fixated on freeform which is dying on it's arse. That's not to say that the Rebuild album will be good because there are usually a few gems on there but HU is committing to a wider scope of an already small scene where as Rebuild caters to a part that seems to want to seperate. As for artwork, i've never cared for the transformer art and i think the understated HU artwork is much better as it doesn't glare at you.

To be honest, only every other Rebuild Album is "freeform" only. And Freeform is the only dying genre? Isn't the Hardcore HU champion also becoming smaller compared to the Gammercore?
Also, wasn't the latest HU without a real freeform album? So how much diverse was that?

Edited by - Samination on 2016/10/15 13:37:59
Golion

Sweden
27 posts
Posted - 2016/10/15 :  14:26:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Golion's homepage
Samination: But is "gammer/edmcore" really such a big thing? To put things in perspective - Gammer has a bit more than 40 000 fans on his facebook page, Angerfist has over a million. Maybe letting a guy like Angerfist/Neophyte/Promo mix a cd where the rest is UK stuff would open some eyes to the happy side of hardcore? Variation is the spice of life :)

Btw - this cd has a great cover, looking forward to the previews

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2016/10/15 :  15:09:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage
Not since blood sweat & tears in 2012 have rebuild done an album that isn't just freeform.

Edited by - Vladel on 2016/10/15 15:15:49
Thumpa
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,600 posts
Posted - 2016/10/15 :  16:34:23  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Thumpa's homepage
This one isn't just freeform, there will be some breakbeat hardcore, D&B, gabber and quite a few UK hardcore tracks. This is definitely more of a BS&T vibe.

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2016/10/15 :  16:56:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
well, I don't know how many times I have bought stuff just because of the cover, just to get dissapointed
by the content. Why do you think they kept slapping girls on the covers of most album in the mid 00s?

On the same note, I have probably missed out on very good stuff, just because the artwork didn't appeal
to me.

I'm the same. I'm easily tempted by good artwork. I have countless albums and records that have terrible music on, but are unique.

Thumpa, you'd be a fool to miss out on the opportunity to capitalise on this. 12-inch canvases or art-sheets something could be a good way to present the album.

It's be a shame if this was only available on a 120mm2 case

I'm not encouraging the comparison by any means, but Thumpa goes to length to source illustrations from the artist and it's worth that effort. I dare say that an album's release schedule is built around when the illustrator can provide the artwork, right?

Edited by - Elipton on 2016/10/15 16:58:27
ViolonC
Average Member

Germany
243 posts
ViolonC has attended 2 events
Posted - 2016/10/15 :  20:45:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit ViolonC's homepage
The only thing that puts me off is that i have to pay 5 extra for something i'm not even interested in (physical CDs). Maybe i can pay 15 and get the wavs and the CDs are donated to somebody that only knows Gammer or S3rl in Hardcore?

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 7 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.58 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page