Printer friendly
Page: 
of 21

Author Thread  
Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2016/12/27 :  05:41:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
Haven't got the energy to read through the thread because I've spent the last 6 weeks dealing with a big family crisis that completely ruined the festive season. But skimming through, people seemed to have enjoyed the first disc just as I did. Seems like a lot of people picked out the same highlights as me. :)

Ironically, I haven't heard the second disc yet because of aforementioned crisis. But I will do soon enough because I had a month-old PM waiting for me from CDJay. He generously offered to send me a copy. Huge thanks for that!

Also big up trippnface who offered to buy it for me himself!

All in all, a very nice way to return to the forum, especially after a difficult couple of months.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2016/12/28 :  00:09:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
Big up CDJay for sending me the digital mixes today while I wait for the album!

Some of my favourites from disc 1 sound amazing now they've been mastered properly like that Chwhynny track.

Currently listening to disc 2. Based on some of the reviews on here, I was expecting much worse. Stylistically, I really don't hear that much difference between the two. It all sounds like generic modern hardcore to me. That isn't necesarily intended to be disparaging; it's just that, ironically, hardcore now sounds more homogenous to me than it did back in the supersaw era. Few good tracks that I'll be listening to some more. I actually enjoyed that trap track. I was just disappointed that "Heart of Glass" didn't turn out to be some super-cheesy Blondie bootleg.

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2016/12/28 :  15:41:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:

To clarify, he *did* and I'm posting it out today. The hero!

CDJay

martinj1985

United Kingdom
441 posts
Posted - 2016/12/30 :  00:44:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit martinj1985's homepage  Reply with quote
Well what can i say lol..sorry for derailing the thread!!

01.Micheal Mansion - Another Notch (Dy5on Remix)
02.Dougal & Gammer - One For The Ravers
03.Chwhynny - Still I Am
04.Fracus & Darwin - Keep On Reachin'
05.Relux & Stu Infinity - You Gotta Know
06.Technikore & JTS - Worlds Collide
07.Gareth Emery Ft. Janet Devlin - Lost (Fracus & Darwin Remix)
08.Fracus & Darwin Vs. Micheal Mansion - Don't Let Me Go
09.Klubfiller - Universe
10.Hyperforce Ft. Cail Baroni - Too Late (She Cries)
11.Impact & In Effect - Close Your Eyes (In Effect & Darwin Remix)
12.JAKAZiD - Amnesia
13.Hotchkiss Ft. Ceci - Shut Out Of Paradise
14.Gregor Le DahL Ft. Allison Gray - Change (Technikore Remix)
15.Reflux & Joey Riot - The Other Side - (Macks Wolf Remix)
16.Skinny & Darwin - Everybody (It's Time)
17.Nuton - Way Back Home
18.Technikore Ft. Emi - Just Be (Fracus & Darwin Remix)
19.Wasted Penguinz - Bitterness (Fracus & Darwin Remix)
20.MOB Vs. Supreme & Chunky - Timebomb (MOB & Starkiss Remix)
21.Rampant & Obi Vs. Darwin Ft. Ant Johnson - Twice Around The Moon (Fracus & Darwin Remix)
22.Stonebank Ft. EMEL - Be Alright

Edited by - martinj1985 on 2016/12/30 00:44:58
Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2016/12/31 :  07:08:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:

To clarify, he *did* and I'm posting it out today. The hero!

CDJay

TOP LAD

Weird thing is I already PM'd him and he didn't even mention that he'd paid for it. Really great guy.

Thanks for making my christmas a bit less shit bud!

Trippn for forum hero 2016. Good taste in hardcore too.

whittle1
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,191 posts

25 hardcore releases
whittle1 has donated money to the site whittle1 has attended 15 events
Posted - 2017/01/05 :  11:04:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit whittle1's homepage  Reply with quote
I think it's about time that Jakazid got his own mix or compilation album released on HU. All of his tracks are so masterfully crafted and believe it or not he's a veteran in the industry, been going at it for way over a decade now (that is so hard to believe).

Dy5oN

United Kingdom
53 posts
Posted - 2017/01/05 :  11:34:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dy5oN's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by whittle1:
I think it's about time that Jakazid got his own mix or compilation album released on HU. All of his tracks are so masterfully crafted and believe it or not he's a veteran in the industry, been going at it for way over a decade now (that is so hard to believe).

Cillit Bang! Cillit Bang! Cillit Cillit Cillit Bang!

PecheyTheLizard
Average Member

United States
172 posts
Posted - 2017/01/05 :  14:07:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit PecheyTheLizard's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dy5oN:
quote:

Cillit Bang! Cillit Bang! Cillit Cillit Cillit Bang!

I Second this! Gimme that cillit bang original mix please, lol!

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2017/01/05 :  14:26:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
60 minutes of cillit bang, and the grime is gone!

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

PecheyTheLizard
Average Member

United States
172 posts
Posted - 2017/01/05 :  15:10:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit PecheyTheLizard's homepage  Reply with quote
I'm not gonna lie tho, but I honestly want a Kurt artist album now

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2017/01/05 :  16:35:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

We tried to setup a new "Presents" album at the start of 2016; which JAKAZiD was supposed to be doing. 2 out of 3 mixes were essentially done! Getting him to actually *do* it, is something we failed at, again.

I think he's better off doing what he's doing, which is the odd sensational track that even we need to stumble across.

In a far more general sense, it's worth factoring in that potential and ability to execute are two very different things. Half the time that something sounds good on paper it would either not happen or turn out far differently than oft hoped.

We "started" this HH album around March last year, and it went through various models/names/iterations. In the end it took so long that the 10 years album fell by the wayside and was folded into this.

This year I think we'll be operating slightly differently. We'll be a lot more focused, but also insular. More to come

CDJay

Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2017/01/05 :  23:50:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
We tried to setup a new "Presents" album at the start of 2016; which JAKAZiD was supposed to be doing. 2 out of 3 mixes were essentially done! Getting him to actually *do* it, is something we failed at, again.

What was stopping him, if it's not too nosy a question?

Could you ever get Luna-C/Kniteforce involved with a HU album at all?

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2017/01/16 :  18:34:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage  Reply with quote
Couple of questions, the album was released a while ago, and hasx APPARENTLY nearly sold out, so why is there a 'launch' party for it in Scotland in February? Also I thought it was going to be advertised on TV, why did this not happen?

Edited by - skarr on 2017/01/16 18:35:51
CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2017/01/16 :  18:45:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
The TV ad will coincide with the wider digital rollout, I don't think anyone thought it would have sold out in a month but here we are heh.

CDJay

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2017/01/16 :  20:05:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
quote:

What was stopping him, if it's not too nosy a question?

Could you ever get Luna-C/Kniteforce involved with a HU album at all?

Think it's safe to say that he probably flaked out. With Sharkey bailing on his artist album after it's nearly complete, Joey Riot not making it to HTIDUSA when there was no reason he should have missed it, and so many artist albums and projects taking forever to complete (not including the kickstarter one), it seems like hardcore producers just aren't the most focuses individuals out there. Thankfully the end has justified the means in many cases when it comes to artist albums, but when projects come to a screeching halt it must be aggravating to those involved.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 21 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 11  12  13  ... 17  18  19  20  21
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.78 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page