Printer friendly
Page: 
of 21

Author Thread  
skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2017/03/13 :  17:05:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage  Reply with quote
forgive me for not being 'logical ' when I have been told there aren't many units left of something that has sold out that is still available to buy on your website?

Alert moderator Go to top of page
arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2017/03/13 :  17:06:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
It does make sense - you can't buy it in physical form now because he's taken it off the store. There are a few copies left in his possession which are to be kept 'for posterity' which I assume means for random giveaways/collectors needing a copy/etc.

What do you think is really happening here? That he's telling lies about it being sold out to try and act like it was more popular than it is or what?

skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2017/03/13 :  17:15:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage  Reply with quote
Literally just taken it off the store like literally just now, so it must have just sold out like a minute ago?

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2017/03/13 :  17:20:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
So, we'll start with it vanishing from the store. Didn't I just say I'd remove if so we had a very few copies left for posterity? I believe I did. Even thanked you for the nudge, as I'd meant to do it a while ago.

I'm going to assume you've seen "Speed".

Pop Quiz, hotshot, someone from Russia ordered one of the last few copies available at the princely sum of 20 british pounds. The parcel gets lost, or arrives damaged, and you need to send out a replacement copy. What do you do, Jack? What do you do?

Ultimately though, what *are* you trying to do here? It's clearly sold well, and been well received, so is this some sort of feline thread compulsion you're working out?

I'm working on a follow up album now. Guess why?

CDJay

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2017/03/13 :  17:32:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:

CDJay

Ooh, can I guess?

Is it so bellends with no knowledge of how anything works can keep having snidey digs at you?

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2017/03/13 :  17:45:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
How did you know?!

CDJay

skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2017/03/13 :  17:50:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
So, we'll start with it vanishing from the store. Didn't I just say I'd remove if so we had a very few copies left for posterity? I believe I did. Even thanked you for the nudge, as I'd meant to do it a while ago.

I'm going to assume you've seen "Speed".

Pop Quiz, hotshot,........If I was in anyway interested in any sort of 'pop' then I would be at clubland weekender.?.?.? What do you do, Jack? What do you do?........ Hit the road obviously.

Because slammin vinyl still aren't toosure who mixed the last one?
CDJay

skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2017/03/13 :  17:53:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage  Reply with quote
And it hasn't clearly sold well, you've just said that it has ?

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2017/03/13 :  18:07:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
Surely even you can see how circular this will be?

The only people who have access to the facts you crave are us. You clearly don't want to listen to us, even when supplied with fairly obvious supporting actions in line with what we say.

So what's the point?

I say it sold what our most optimistic projections said would take 3 months, in 3 weeks. Then increased the price and brought digital release forward. What else do you need to satiate you?

Also.... Newsflash, just in: You clearly don't care either.

For anyone else who *does*, we're adding 50% to the production run for the next album. I still anticipate it selling through in a similar timeline.

CDJay

skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2017/03/13 :  18:49:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Surely even you can see how circular this will be?

The only people who have access to the facts you crave are us. You clearly don't want to listen to us, even when supplied with fairly obvious supporting actions in line with what we say.

So what's the point?

I say it sold what our most optimistic projections said would take 3 months, in 3 weeks. Then increased the price and brought digital release forward. What else do you need to satiate you?

Also.... Newsflash, just in: You clearly don't care either.

For anyone else who *does*, we're adding 50% to the production run for the next album. I still anticipate it selling through in a similar timeline.

CDJay

What does selling through mean ? Same as selling out? 'CDJay could be found at multiple times brandishing a copy of Hardcore Heaven and opening it at people like it was a 3D access all areas pass :D 'The album didn't sell out mate. End of story.

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2017/03/13 :  19:02:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
Wow, getting increasingly concerned about your mental health.

So... me taking an open copy of a *sell out album*, with unique packaging concept, and brandishing it around industry types is your proof to the contrary?

I think my wife has an artist copy, too!

You're right, I'm clearly deluding myself.

CDJay

Claxton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,050 posts
Claxton has attended 3 events
Posted - 2017/03/13 :  20:22:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Claxton's homepage  Reply with quote
Decent album. I'd like it more if it sold out though.

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2017/03/13 :  20:30:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
As an act of charity, and to keep Skarr from needing any more tissues, I will sell you the last 10 copies for ?4500.

Then we can move on.

CDJay

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2017/03/13 :  22:53:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
P.S: When I told Slipmatt, Ham, Force and Luna-c it was a sell out album they didn't get out the electric nipple clamps. Weird that such naive innocent babes of industry took it at face value.

It's almost like I had earned some sort of industry credibility.

You should wake them up before I hoodwink them all!

CDJay

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2017/03/14 :  17:12:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
Ok for anyone who isn't sure what happened the last couple of pages on this thread:

Skarr is either on a period or being a dick. Now a period is a natural thing that no one can help but being a dick is voluntary. So it either blows over in a couple of days or skarr is just really a dick.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 21 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 15  16  17  18  19  20  21
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.62 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page