Page: 
of 4

Author Thread  
Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2016/12/04 :  20:29:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
Are you in troll mode again?

Evolutionize had have released on Freeform releases. The only difference is the span of audience that Thumpa caters to.

And yes I have bought the album. I have yet to take a proper listen to the tracks though. My reply to that track is that there was no reason to create a new name for Leigh.

Re: Evolutionize. This is his biggest release. It's an achievement. I recognized that achievement.

Re: Eufeion. Any producer can have as many names as he or she desires. I don't see why it's a topic of discussion. Surely it's the music that counts?

Perhaps you should give it a solid review, Sam. At the moment, all you've done is put a dim light on a release, which I'm sure no one will thank you for.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Planes
Banned

United States
1 post
Posted - 2016/12/09 :  13:45:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Planes's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by arrpz:
I am a spammer and I don't understand that all links on this site have ZERO SEO value because they all have nofollow set inline. You are literally wasting your customers money posting here. You have also been banned.

I think it's really good.

Edited by - Planes on 2022/03/12 11:21:53
Cyrax
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
623 posts
Cyrax has attended 9 events
Posted - 2016/12/09 :  14:13:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Cyrax's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Planes:
I think it's really good.

Hi Olly!

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2016/12/09 :  17:39:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
pretty interesting stuff;

disc one i really like Seranade ; we birth out future; & the fader.

obviously the more uk hardcore influenced tracks; which made me wanna buy more.

disc 2 badass geeks is dope; but obv still not freeform ;p

Morphan and lost in the music arte both really nice; with lost in the music prob fav track of comp.

atheist - questions has a sick melody too.

disc 3 moonlift is sweet; and infatutation is a pretty cool dnb track.

I honestly just wish there was more of that psy style freeform that Cyrax is murdering; i like this track more than everything on the album. bring more of this style i think; psy is getting really popular.

https://soundcloud.com/dj-cyrax/substanced-afterlife-penance-transcend-cyrax-remix-fc-finrg

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2016/12/09 :  19:16:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
Thanks for this Thumpa, used a lot more tracks in my mix than I thought I would be, really nice balance on this album I reckon, there's still plenty more I wanna play too

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2016/12/09 :  20:40:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
because of other things (and HU coming in), I have yet to listen to all the tracks properly :(

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2016/12/13 :  19:30:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
Like the HH feedback thread, I'm keeping it short

Album summary: I got nothing really to say. There are a few tracks I like, some that might grow on me, but I guess the album does summarise one thing. Me and Thumpa do not really have that similar taste in Hardcore or Freeform. This album seem more to appeal to the Big Room or Trap Electro House lovers, and I'm not one of them. Case in point, Mitomoro's tracks on this album is worse than MOB in my opinion... And I still dislike drops that leads nowhere other than making a mixable midsection.

In the end, it is a Thumpa's selection album, and he haves my respect for liking many styles that I don't. But I did not get into Hardcore through british music, so I've never really liked stuff like jungle, ragga or breakbeats. Or Club music in general.

Tracks I liked:
Comes from Within
Shattered
Questions (at 180bpm :P)
Tsunami (LF & D remix)

Tracks I could enjoy:
Floorfiller (MW & J remix)
We Birth Our Future (M-P remix)
Feels so Good (J-B remix)
Morphan
Lost in the Music
Night Reflection
Badass Geeks (LF & S remix)
Moonlift
Revenge (OA remix)

It's alright:
Rock Somebody (Dave S remix)
Face of a Demon
Dungeon (E remix)
ATB (F remix)
Broken Inside (ABJ remix)
In Your Eyes

Never again:
Anything Mitomoro
Everybody Bounce Now (am I really the only one who dislike this one?)
Searching (barely sounds like a KE song to me)
Screen Society (I hated big buildups with nothing to come since it was introduced. Don't ever consider I will ever like them)

Edited by - Samination on 2016/12/13 19:32:53
icelevel
Starting Member

Canada
4 posts
Posted - 2016/12/14 :  00:13:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit icelevel's homepage  Reply with quote
It's wicked! To be honest, the songs are a lot better than I expected (just personal preference - more of a cheesy, piano hardcore guy rather than freeform-ish). First song in and I knew it was gonna be good. I'm leaning towards CD1 being my favourite, though the other two are pretty good as well. Nice job on the album art too.

Thumpa
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,600 posts
Thumpa is verified hardcore artist Thumpa has attended 81 events
Posted - 2017/05/05 :  15:02:28  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Thumpa's homepage  Reply with quote
Thanks! Label has ended now but we had a great run.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2017/05/05 :  19:37:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
I've always wondered about it ever since you brought it up on FB. Would you have continued with ReBuild if the state of the scene wasn't like this?

Thumpa
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,600 posts
Posted - 2017/05/08 :  11:27:21  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Thumpa's homepage  Reply with quote
There were a lot of factors that affected the decision, the 'scene' and politics, backstabbing artists on the label, the freeform 'scene' being in tatters etc. The label was very profitable and very successful but a lot of other things slowed down the output, its hard being a Dad, having a job and wanting a busy social life and gigs, there weren't enough hours in the day. I just didn't want to do it anymore.

Denile
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
704 posts
Denile is verified hardcore artist Denile has attended 7 events
Posted - 2017/05/08 :  17:39:03  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Denile's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cyrax:
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:
Originally posted by DJ D-Luc-D:
- The Lost Faith remixes are GOOD (any reason why Eufeion decided to use a new alias though??)

He could've reused his Leigh Outrage name

He uses that alias for Freeform, although I think they sound like Hardcore remixes, but that debate is neither here no there.

Ah come on Willis. You should know better than most that freeform isn't about being a specific style, or sound; the idea is to not conform to anything, i.e. free of form. In the case of the Tsunami remix, we both felt based on the original being quite an uplifting track, that there was no way we could make it what you would consider 'dark' in that sense, so maybe it could well be considered a hybrid?? Nout wrong playing the best of both worlds imo :)

Saying that, I'm sure you'd find a way to prove me wrong lol

And yes, to the OP, Leigh uses LF for his, and I quote, harder edged productions. So anything without singy vocals basically. He won't ever use Leigh Outrage again, cos, well, it was shit tbh :D

Hope that all helps lol

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2017/05/08 :  19:17:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
shit? his Leigh Outrage where the best freeform outside the NuNRG brands and Betwixt & Between. And TBH, I thought it was much better than most of the NuNRG out around that time.

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2017/05/08 :  19:34:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
The name, Jacket. The name...

Thumpa
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,600 posts
Posted - 2017/05/08 :  19:48:51  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Thumpa's homepage  Reply with quote
Leigh will always be the kid who posted a pic of himself in a Matrix style jacket and said he was a better freeform producer than K Complex to me, bless him. #ush

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 4 pages long: 1  2  3  4
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 2.44 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page