Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Some people don't have a clue!
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Craigavon raver
Advanced Member

Ireland
2,207 posts
Craigavon raver has attended 1 event
Posted - 2017/02/26 :  18:47:21  Show profile Send a private message
Was talking to a guy out of work a while ago and I said that I liked hardcore music, and I mentioned happy hardcore, saying it was prob my preferred style, so 1 day last week we were on are break and the guy brings up happy hardcore and says to me " you listen to cascada and all don't you" and I say " no **** what you on about" to which the guys reply was " aye sure you listen to happy hardcore, cascada and ian van dalh, sure that's happy hardcore is it not, it is happy hardcore I know what happy hardcore is" I have a bewildered look on my face telling him " no **** I don't listen to that shite, that's not happy hardcore" so I tell him to type in happy hardcore into youtube on his phone and all these videos come up and dj hixxy is a few of them, and hes all "aye dj hixxy I know him, I know what happy hardcore is" and I try to explain to him the old hixxy adage, that hixxy makes every hardcore tune ever, according to youtube anyway! so he listened to children of the night, and proclaimed again " aye I know that type of music I know what happy hardcore is" so a few days later theres a few of us sitting in the canteen and the guys all " tony listens to cascada and all" trying to wind me up and stuff, but the worst about it, i'm sure hes far from the only clown to think this ard other things similar! some people just don't have a clue about music or what it even is

Alert moderator
SPOOX
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,644 posts
Posted - 2017/02/26 :  19:36:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit SPOOX's homepage
I have a few friends like that who don't have a clue about Happy Hardcore.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2017/02/26 :  21:03:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage
The most surprising thing is that you actually engaged in any kind of conversation about it. I would have shown no interest in discussing it whatsoever no matter what they think.
Edit: Just to clarify, i mean because the guy you are speaking to is not going to respond intelligently either way.

Edited by - Hard2Get on 2017/02/27 06:24:44
Mickey Init
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
764 posts
Mickey Init has attended 3 events
Posted - 2017/02/26 :  22:06:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mickey Init's homepage
#shame

DjZelous
Advanced Member

United States
553 posts
Posted - 2017/02/26 :  23:06:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DjZelous's homepage
Most people register hardcore as a trance record played at 45 RPM

ViolonC
Average Member

Germany
243 posts
ViolonC has attended 2 events
Posted - 2017/02/26 :  23:33:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit ViolonC's homepage
Happy Hardcore has been on this planet for over 20 years and at some point sounded about like every other dance music genre but at 170-180 bpm. No wonder people get confused.

And if that still doesn't do it Nightcore will finish up what's left. ;)

ViolonC
Average Member

Germany
243 posts
ViolonC has attended 2 events
Posted - 2017/02/26 :  23:34:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit ViolonC's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by ViolonC:
Happy Hardcore has been on this planet for over 25 years and at some point sounded about like every other dance music genre but at 170-180 bpm. No wonder people get confused.

And if that still doesn't do it Nightcore will finish up what's left. ;)

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2017/02/27 :  21:27:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage
aight; there is def some harder hardcore out there; but people really diss on Cascada!?!!?

this is hardcore as ****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMwv-zezcoE

Edited by - trippnface on 2017/02/27 21:28:33
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2017/02/28 :  07:10:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
seriously though, at the time did "Happy Hardcore" really sound much different? :P

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2017/03/01 :  00:18:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage

Craigavon raver
Advanced Member

Ireland
2,207 posts
Craigavon raver has attended 1 event
Posted - 2017/03/12 :  20:15:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Craigavon raver's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
The most surprising thing is that you actually engaged in any kind of conversation about it. I would have shown no interest in discussing it whatsoever no matter what they think.
Edit: Just to clarify, i mean because the guy you are speaking to is not going to respond intelligently either way.

Your right! but I was just trying to get him to understand what happy hardcore actually was, and even more importantly that I don't listen to cascada or ian van dahl!

Mickey Init
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
764 posts
Mickey Init has attended 3 events
Posted - 2017/03/12 :  21:52:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mickey Init's homepage
Maybe he's been listening to Squad-E remixes and getting confused.

Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,480 posts
Posted - 2017/03/13 :  16:03:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage
Cascada Happy Hardcore?

Ok who here remembers Bebo? I remember staking stumbling across the girl's profile and she listed DJ Rankin as one of her favourite Happy Hardcore artist along with Hixxy of course

I also remember I was talking to one guy about Hardcore and he referred to the track 'Zombie Nation' as Hardcore as well.

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2017/03/14 :  22:55:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:

Nailed it.

If people ask what kind of music I like, I'll answer honestly. If people ask me whether I like happy/UK hardcore, I'll answer with a quick, curt "yes". I'm not ashamed of my music preferences; I just have a very low pain threshold for stupidity

In no case will I get drawn into a conversation about hardcore with someone who doesn't either show some genuine knowledge on the subject or a genuine interest in it. There's no point.

OP: if someone accused me of liking Cascada, I'd probably just say "close enough".

Edit: This post reminded me of how long it's been since hardcore was at its best.. hardcore peaked probably around the same time Cascada reached peak popularity. I'm suddenly all too aware that was an awfully long time ago now.. Damn. I hate those reminders.

Me and my first semi-serious girlfriend had Everytime We Touch as "our song". She was only a couple of years older than me. She's dead now. Crikey, I feel old.

Edited by - Elliott on 2017/03/14 23:09:34
skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2017/03/14 :  23:12:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage
What do you mean people don't have a clue ? Htid its made money last year and the new 'hardcore heaven ' album sold out,and hixxy is the founder of htid, how is that not having a clue ?

Edited by - skarr on 2017/03/14 23:15:00
skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2017/03/14 :  23:13:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by skarr:
What do you mean people don't have a clue ? Htid its made money last year and the new 'hardcore heaven ' album sold out,and hixxy is the founder of htid, how is that not having a clue ?

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.06 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page