Printer friendly
Page: 
of 3

Author Thread  
Karmadude
Starting Member

United Kingdom
5 posts
Posted - 2001/08/12 :  18:46:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Karmadude's homepage  Reply with quote
From what I can remember, the first time I heard it, was about when I was 6. I have grown up around Happy Hardcore and Heavy Metal nuts. I started listening to it properly when I was about 11.
I am now 14.

h00rj for Happy Hardcore!!!11

Alert moderator Go to top of page
sugarshack
Starting Member

11 posts
Posted - 2001/08/13 :  00:01:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit sugarshack's homepage  Reply with quote
I had been on my friend Steven's Ikonboard and people there liked techno... So i downloaded a couple of Paul Oakenfolds tracks and loved it =D I was then going through some randomess webpages when I came across an HHC lyrics page.. I read a couple of lyrics, downloaded a couple songs and fell in love =) I am now 12....

I always knew something was fishy... then i saw the fish

djtate

United Kingdom
138 posts
Posted - 2001/08/13 :  06:27:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djtate's homepage  Reply with quote
When I was 16 and i would say my fav dj at the time not now though was dougle. Starnge!

Like Micheal Jackson I 'm a lyrical thriller Jack Nickloson I 'm a hardcore killer like Peter Pan iam the boy who can fly like a 747 right up to the sky

This is well old now. Aint been on this for years, gonna leavemy profile like this for a while x

joolscreation
Starting Member

United Kingdom
5 posts
Posted - 2001/08/14 :  07:10:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
I discovered it when i was about 10 and thats back in '95 when i woz flickin through some radio stations and heard brisk and trixxy playing

FingazMc
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,761 posts
FingazMc has attended 28 events
Posted - 2001/08/16 :  13:41:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit FingazMc's homepage  Reply with quote
a radio station in the uk! what station was it?was it pirate?

http://mcstyleeuk.homestead.com/homepage.html

xxhappyxx

United Kingdom
363 posts
Posted - 2001/08/16 :  17:08:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
theres 1 station called hyper fm, which plays hhc on a few shows, but u can only get it in the london area, i think its 106.02 fm or sumthin around that. i dont think its pirate. but wasnt radio gonna start playing hhc or sumthin?lol i sooo cant c chris moyles playing it in the aftanoon tho...

'come fly my child 2 a special place, with angels in the sky, the time has come 2 fly!'

djjum

28 posts
Posted - 2001/08/16 :  20:42:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djjum's homepage  Reply with quote
I was 14 when I first got into Hardcore. Thats was when it was real big but then everyone went and started listening to house and then finally listing to trance but I decided to stay with the hardcore. In Northern Ireland we were priveleged to have hardcore played on the provinces top two radio stations every Saturday night at the same time. Now all they play is trance and commercial dance. When I moved to Wales everyone was listening to crap like garage and rock which is even worse. Sash played at my University Ball this year and all the Welsh and English thought he was crap but the ones from Europe and Northern Ireland and Scotland loved it cause thats what we;re used to hearing. I've never been to a club before that played rock music but in Wales a lot of clubs do, I guess its just a totally different music culture over there.

StrifeII
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,143 posts
StrifeII is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2001/08/19 :  07:10:19  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit StrifeII's homepage  Reply with quote
about september i was 11 at the time now im 12 an i love it my fav djs at the time were force & styles mainly cos thats the only tape i'd heard!

------------------------------------------------------------
http://artists2.iuma.com/IUMA/Bands/Robbie_Jay/

sugarshack
Starting Member

11 posts
Posted - 2001/08/19 :  17:54:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit sugarshack's homepage  Reply with quote
robbie.... you're cool, you're stellar, you're ouuta this werld.... you're the only other 12 year old that I know that is into hhc

I fling poo

sugarshack
Starting Member

11 posts
Posted - 2001/08/19 :  17:56:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit sugarshack's homepage  Reply with quote
damnit... you meant 21 =(

I fling poo

GT
Average Member

United Kingdom
160 posts
Posted - 2001/08/19 :  18:17:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit GT's homepage  Reply with quote
No, he meant 12...

================
'You picked me up, and swept me away....'

Heist
Advanced Member

Australia
706 posts
Posted - 2001/08/27 :  07:59:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Heist's homepage  Reply with quote
I first heard happy hard in 1995 when i was 12. I was at a mates place sleeping over and his brother was litening to a hardcore set on the radio while we were next door asleep. I woke up and since his brother was asleep I crept out and sat in the hall to listen to this ****ing incredible shit. I'd never heard anything like it.

I then found out my firend had some tapes from the radio set and some dj vagas cd's. Tracks like Midas - Groove controll and Jimmy J & Cru-l-T - 6 Days had me hooked. A sydney Dj called paul holden played to this day my fave set and its the shittiest recording ever and only 8 tracks long, but ****. Its the best. Been hooked on all hardcore ever since...

www.mp3.com/djheist

WWW.VOIDDJ.COM

Mixes, Original Tracks & Remixes, Hardcore Event/Music Reviews, Pics and more...

Soren

United States
499 posts
Posted - 2001/08/27 :  12:44:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Man, Im soooo oldschool!!!! WAIT!! No, im trueschool! I discovered HHC in 1977 when I was 2 years old. It rocks! ^_^

Dave-Rayvon

United Kingdom
78 posts
Posted - 2001/09/15 :  13:29:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
I was about 11 when a friend came back from Germany with some tapes. After that he started borrowing tapes from UK raves off his older brother and that's when I discovered my interest in it. Before, I used to walk past some shop windows and see some of the Dreamscape and Helter Skelter packs, not knowing what sort of music it was, and just wondering "what the hell?!?!?!?!" as you have to admit the pictures on them are kind of wierd. Do you think they have some sort of meanings behind them? Some of the Helter Skelter ones are intreauging.

Dave!

Elation
Average Member

Canada
232 posts
Posted - 2001/09/15 :  14:44:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elation's homepage  Reply with quote
i guess i must have been about 17 years old and that was back in 1993, so ive been at for about 10 years, wow, what a long strange trip its been.

(:(:happyhardcoresmiles:):)

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.59 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page