Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Slammin vinyl, last event at the sanctuary writeup
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
MC Deecee
Average Member

United Kingdom
194 posts
MC Deecee has attended 5 events
Posted - 2017/03/22 :  22:47:53  Show profile Send a private message
I was googling the sanctuary the other night and stumbled upon quite a brilliant write up of the event, despite not being there i felt it was very well put together and descriptive, one of my biggest regrets is never going to the sanctuary, anyway, check it out...

https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/344909-rave-review-slammin-vinyl-sanctuary-closing-party-10-07-04-a.html

Alert moderator

Edited by - MC Deecee on 2017/03/22 22:48:48
The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2017/03/23 :  08:00:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage
He used to post a lot of event reviews on Ush.net if I remember correctly. Also used to love reading reviews on Jungle techno, they are all still online - http://www.jungletechno.co.uk/reviews.htm

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,480 posts
Posted - 2017/03/23 :  09:06:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage
The funny thing is some of the tunes classed as 'Old Skool' where only 10-12 years old at the time and the then recent stuff is around 13 years old this year which shows how time flies! I actually remember some of those recent tunes that where mentioned, Only your love, your shinning, keep the crowd jumping ect. They where all the recent tunes when I first got into Hardcore. Fair play to Whizzkid for having a go at MCing to DnB though!

Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2017/03/23 :  10:14:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage
the sanctuary was no great loss, bath & west showground indoors, was 8000 capacity bigger or something

outdoors is 25,000 for west fest

Edited by - Guest on 2017/03/23 10:16:39
MC Deecee
Average Member

United Kingdom
194 posts
MC Deecee has attended 5 events
Posted - 2017/03/23 :  16:36:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MC Deecee's homepage
I think it's the notoriety of the place, pretty much built for and synonymous with rave music is what makes it such an iconic venue.

Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2017/03/23 :  17:02:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage
thats a londoner thing, milton keynes is as daring as they get when leaving london

bath & west has been doing events since fantazia and universe became legal in 1989. and bristol has alot better motorway links for all the country, which is why that the tech capital

from bristol to bath & west is 40 mins drive at a good time

also why RAF laser guidance systems are 30 years ahead of USA, along with reflective gel in visors and glass, to bring down america's air force takes some disco lasers on your cities roof tops, and thats not going to work on british planes

Edited by - Guest on 2017/03/23 17:15:06
skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2017/03/23 :  21:34:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Guest:

also why RAF laser guidance systems are 30 years ahead of USA, along with reflective gel in visors and glass, to bring down america's air force takes some disco lasers on your cities roof tops, and thats not going to work on british planes

****in hell you're hilarious., so random and zany !

Edited by - skarr on 2017/03/23 21:53:05
CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2017/03/23 :  22:21:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage
Please, peas, get a pod.

CDJay

Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2017/03/23 :  22:49:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by skarr:
quote:

america's worst fear are lasers, its the main reason most festivals end up being shutdown by the national guard, they are all babies and systems stop working on their planes

its only been 5 years since they have stopped crying about lasers every other day

the BAE Systems were onto working on the problem the day raves were made legal

skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2017/03/23 :  23:17:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by skarr:
quote:

america's worst fear are lasers, its the main reason most festivals end up being shutdown by the national guard, they are all babies and systems stop working on their planes

its only been 5 years since they have stopped crying about lasers every other day

the BAE Systems were onto working on the problem the day raves were made legal

Mate my sides are literally splitting!!! So random and ****in funny!!! You are 1 keeeeeerazy guy !

Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2017/03/23 :  23:22:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage
depending on stage angle, a good amount of lasers, will easily reach salisbury plain from bath & west show ground, which is the main military training ground

it might sound like shit, but that is in a interview somewhere about plane systems

Edited by - Guest on 2017/03/23 23:34:48
Dj Delight

United Kingdom
330 posts
Posted - 2017/03/27 :  13:43:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dj Delight's homepage
From the review it seems it was a a better night than the cock up that was the last Helter Skelter at the Sanctuary in 1999

Edited by - Dj Delight on 2017/03/27 13:44:16

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.17 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page