Radio listeners 190+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Slammin vinyl, last event at the sanctuary writeup

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
MC Deecee I was googling the sanctuary the other night and stumbled upon quite a brilliant write up of the event, despite not being there i felt it was very well put together and descriptive, one of my biggest regrets is never going to the sanctuary, anyway, check it out...

https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/344909-rave-review-slammin-vinyl-sanctuary-closing-party-10-07-04-a.html
The drunken scotsman He used to post a lot of event reviews on Ush.net if I remember correctly. Also used to love reading reviews on Jungle techno, they are all still online - http://www.jungletechno.co.uk/reviews.htm
Smoogie The funny thing is some of the tunes classed as 'Old Skool' where only 10-12 years old at the time and the then recent stuff is around 13 years old this year which shows how time flies! I actually remember some of those recent tunes that where mentioned, Only your love, your shinning, keep the crowd jumping ect. They where all the recent tunes when I first got into Hardcore. Fair play to Whizzkid for having a go at MCing to DnB though!
Guest the sanctuary was no great loss, bath & west showground indoors, was 8000 capacity bigger or something

outdoors is 25,000 for west fest
MC Deecee I think it's the notoriety of the place, pretty much built for and synonymous with rave music is what makes it such an iconic venue.
Guest thats a londoner thing, milton keynes is as daring as they get when leaving london

bath & west has been doing events since fantazia and universe became legal in 1989. and bristol has alot better motorway links for all the country, which is why that the tech capital

from bristol to bath & west is 40 mins drive at a good time

also why RAF laser guidance systems are 30 years ahead of USA, along with reflective gel in visors and glass, to bring down america's air force takes some disco lasers on your cities roof tops, and thats not going to work on british planes
skarr
quote:
Originally posted by Guest:

also why RAF laser guidance systems are 30 years ahead of USA, along with reflective gel in visors and glass, to bring down america's air force takes some disco lasers on your cities roof tops, and thats not going to work on british planes

****in hell you're hilarious., so random and zany !
CDJay Please, peas, get a pod.

CDJay
quote:
Originally posted by skarr:
quote:

america's worst fear are lasers, its the main reason most festivals end up being shutdown by the national guard, they are all babies and systems stop working on their planes

its only been 5 years since they have stopped crying about lasers every other day

the BAE Systems were onto working on the problem the day raves were made legal
skarr
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by skarr:
quote:

america's worst fear are lasers, its the main reason most festivals end up being shutdown by the national guard, they are all babies and systems stop working on their planes

its only been 5 years since they have stopped crying about lasers every other day

the BAE Systems were onto working on the problem the day raves were made legal

Mate my sides are literally splitting!!! So random and ****in funny!!! You are 1 keeeeeerazy guy !
Guest depending on stage angle, a good amount of lasers, will easily reach salisbury plain from bath & west show ground, which is the main military training ground

it might sound like shit, but that is in a interview somewhere about plane systems
Dj Delight From the review it seems it was a a better night than the cock up that was the last Helter Skelter at the Sanctuary in 1999

It took 0.64 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page