Printer friendly
Page: 
of 6

Author Thread  
skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2017/03/28 :  22:44:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
Ever noticed how people who tend to act like absolute bellends get called out for it?

You're not speaking the truth, you're taking parts of what people say and twisting them just so you can make shitty comments.

Carry on, my friend.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2017/03/28 :  22:50:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage  Reply with quote
OK I'm going to speak the truth now, the hardcore heaven album sold out (essentially), slammin vinyl forgot to book the person that mixed disc 2 on their album, htid in the sun made money last year because thumpas best mate ajay told him that it did, and keyes is not the biggest UK hardcore promoter in the world.

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2017/03/29 :  06:46:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by skarr:
quote:
Originally posted The drunken scotsman:
Donald Trump?

Haha hahaha! My God you are hilarious!!!!!!!!!! Ha; 1 second, I can't even breathe, God, ha, literally ha ****in ha, you absolute genius !

I'm actually embarrassed for you. Have a day off buddy, reflect on how you got to the point where one of the few things in life that makes you happy is trolling a forum with about 10 active members. There is help available.

wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2017/03/29 :  08:20:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage  Reply with quote
He's not trolling anyone though, he just likes to think he is. #canteventrollproperly

silver
Admin

Japan
12,549 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2017/03/29 :  08:41:38  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage  Reply with quote
My 2 cents:

Firstly, HTID purchased the Uproar brand from Seduction years ago. They own it. If Ajay is doing events under that brand name I'm guessing the HSU purchase did not involve the Uproar brand name.

Second, Hixxy technically owns the brand name HTID, I don't know the deal Ajay had with Hixxy on it, but I knew prior to Ajay, Hixxy's event partners did have a sort of license deal with the name and put on the events, I'm not 100% on the details, but it seems logical that perhaps Ajay did the same thing?

That being the case there is a situation where after the HSU purchase Ajay didn't get anything as he didn't own the brand name, he was technically just the person in charge not the owner.

With that said, I could be 100% wrong, perhaps Ajay purchased the name and HSU purchased it from Ajay, I don't know 100%.

As for non payment, if people aren't getting paid for gigs and then making themselves unavailable that is a problem. Scott is a professional, he's been around, he knows the score, I'm sure he tried every way he could to contact the right people to get payment.

I don't know Ajay personally so I can't comment on his reasons for not replying. Let's just hope it's not a final **** off and he can explain what the issue is.

As for HTID making a profit, there is making a bonkers profit then retiring and making a profit that just covers your costs. Anyone can see via numbers alone and costs involved that if 700 people turn up to your event, you might break even and make a little profit but it's not massive profits. So here, making a profit and being a "profitable sustainable business" are two different things.

All in all, shit like this doesn't help anyone.

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2017/03/29 :  09:28:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by skarr:
OK I'm going to speak the truth now, the hardcore heaven album sold out (essentially), slammin vinyl forgot to book the person that mixed disc 2 on their album, htid in the sun made money last year because thumpas best mate ajay told him that it did, and keyes is not the biggest UK hardcore promoter in the world.

Glad that got cleared up.

Thank you for providing such a valuable service.

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2017/03/29 :  16:48:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by wong:
He's not trolling anyone though, he just likes to think he is. #canteventrollproperly

Yes, I see your point. As has been mentioned on other threads the guy is just an arsehole. He should try to be more like Guest, now there's a proper troll.

Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2017/03/29 :  16:50:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage  Reply with quote
meh, just cry babies who can't handle the truth

wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2017/03/29 :  19:18:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
Guest, now there's a proper troll.

and without even trying haha

Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2017/03/29 :  20:56:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest:
meh, just cry babies who can't handle the truth

I like it when you talk about pagans and ghettos and proper hardcore.

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

Claxton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,050 posts
Claxton has attended 3 events
Posted - 2017/03/29 :  22:58:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Claxton's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by silver:
My 2 cents:

Firstly, HTID purchased the Uproar brand from Seduction years ago. They own it. If Ajay is doing events under that brand name I'm guessing the HSU purchase did not involve the Uproar brand name.

Second, Hixxy technically owns the brand name HTID, I don't know the deal Ajay had with Hixxy on it, but I knew prior to Ajay, Hixxy's event partners did have a sort of license deal with the name and put on the events, I'm not 100% on the details, but it seems logical that perhaps Ajay did the same thing?

That being the case there is a situation where after the HSU purchase Ajay didn't get anything as he didn't own the brand name, he was technically just the person in charge not the owner.

With that said, I could be 100% wrong, perhaps Ajay purchased the name and HSU purchased it from Ajay, I don't know 100%.

As for non payment, if people aren't getting paid for gigs and then making themselves unavailable that is a problem. Scott is a professional, he's been around, he knows the score, I'm sure he tried every way he could to contact the right people to get payment.

I don't know Ajay personally so I can't comment on his reasons for not replying. Let's just hope it's not a final **** off and he can explain what the issue is.

As for HTID making a profit, there is making a bonkers profit then retiring and making a profit that just covers your costs. Anyone can see via numbers alone and costs involved that if 700 people turn up to your event, you might break even and make a little profit but it's not massive profits. So here, making a profit and being a "profitable sustainable business" are two different things.

I'd imagine that Ajay just licensed the name for the event in the same way HU did for the Hardcore Heaven album and HTID USA did in its early days.

I wonder what has happened to Uproar now.

Hixxy owned the HTID name but not Hardcore Til I Die which was listed as a separate company.

silver
Admin

Japan
12,549 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2017/03/30 :  06:02:50  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:
Hixxy owned the HTID name but not Hardcore Til I Die which was listed as a separate company.

He owned or co-owned (majority) of it all, he might have created a separate company for clubland e-treme hardcore releases in which Hixxy licensed the name from AATW, at least the first few.

Also released was the Hardcore Til I Die albums with Resist years ago. Resist did licence the brand from Hixxy in this case, I know this because they were sub-licensed in Japan for local release without Hixxy's involvement.

So there could be a few reasons why there are different companies with the same name.

I can ask HSU next time I talk to them who they purchased it from, but they would be in the right to tell me it's none of my business :)

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2017/03/30 :  06:33:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage  Reply with quote
Doubke check on the company house database before spreading that kind of speculation, surely..

That will contain directors, shareholders, accounts and balance sheets. Everyone who's lived in the real world is aware of this

Edited by - Elipton on 2017/03/30 06:39:09
silver
Admin

Japan
12,549 posts

894 hardcore releases
Posted - 2017/03/30 :  10:00:52  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:
Doubke check on the company house database before spreading that kind of speculation, surely..

That will contain directors, shareholders, accounts and balance sheets. Everyone who's lived in the real world is aware of this

Never heard of that service since I don't live in the UK, just did a google search. Holy crap that's alot of info....it's all listed there much as I thought... I don't really want to post about it because there is a bunch of personal info. But in short, Hixxy was the sole shareholder of HTID.

If the HTID brand was licensed then the DJ's and venues would have been paid from the company that licensed the name, so that could be any company name.

Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2017/03/30 :  10:37:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:
quote:
Originally posted by silver:
My 2 cents:

I'd imagine that Ajay just licensed the name for the event in the same way HU did for the Hardcore Heaven album and HTID USA did in its early days.

I wonder what has happened to Uproar now.

uproar disappeared when lee UHF was punched in the back of the head at a event and spent a year crying about it on USH then quit the scene

Edited by - Guest on 2017/03/30 10:39:05

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 6 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.42 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page