Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Hardcore Heaven 2 (SHIPPING NOW)
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 13

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2017/04/16 :  17:59:00  Show profile Send a private message
CD1: Mixed By Fracus & Darwin
01. RedMoon & Meron Ryan - Heavyweight (Fracus & Darwin's VIP Intro Remix)
02. Fracus & Darwin - Snowflakes
03. DBL - Lived A Lie
04. Cube::Hard - Show Me A Sign (Fracus & Darwin Remix)
05. Ryan Kore & Stu Infinity - We Can Dance
06. Ganar - Crazy
07. Relect - Everybody In The House
08. Scoot & CS1 - Run The Night
09. SMD#4AA.17
10. Fracus & Darwin Feat. Toni Leo - Out Of The Rain
11. MOB & TekFreq - Bring The House Down
12. Fracus & Darwin Scream & Shout
13. Fracus & Darwin - First Love
14. Jakka B & Clarkey - Nas Nas
15. Andy Wilson - Missing You (F&D Edit)
16. Chexmixer & Stu Infinity - Edge Of A Broken Heart
17. Technikore & JTS Feat. Harri Rush - Closer
18. Outforce - Silhouettes
19. Marc Smith & Chris Fear - Enjoy The Noise
20. Darwin & Dy5on Feat. Bea Aria - You Are Still The One

CD2: Mixed by Scott Brown
01. Technikore & JTS vs Michael Mansion - Light Show
02. Outforce & Hartshorn Feat. MC Riddle - Keep It Mello (M-Project Remix)
03. Scott Brown - Pilgrim (Outforce & Enemy Remix)
04. Jakka-B - Lost In The Rhythm
05. Hotchkiss & Scott Brown - On My Mind
06. Ganar - I Want You (2017)
07. Scott Brown - To The Beat
08. Eufeion & Denile - Hear Me
09. SynthWulf - Last Symphony (Scott Brown Remix)
10. Callum Higby & Macks Wolf Feat. Rhezie - Right Here
11. SynthWulf & M-Project - Star Strider
12. Jekyll & Clarkey - Open Your Eyes
13. Scott Brown - Bendy March
14. Avi8 - The Forgotten Star (Macks Wolf & Clarkey Remix)
15. Scott Brown & Kelly C - Need You In My Arms (Ganar Remix)
16. TBC (yes, again )
17. Scott Brown - Play
18. Hotchkiss & M-Project - Never Know
19. Dougal & Joey Riot - The Roof Is On Fire
20. Plus System - This Is How We Do It (M-Project Remix)

Release date May 15th. Physical copies now shipping.

Same drill; limited edition 2xCd in pretty packaging and digital rights to all 40 unmixed tracks.

Www.hardcoreunderground.co.uk

Available as a bundle with Blu The Roof. 2017 is the year of HU.

CDJay

Alert moderator

Edited by - CDJay on 2017/06/03 20:27:12
djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2017/04/16 :  21:14:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage
Lots of variety.

Impressive stuff

Alert moderator Go to top of page
arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2017/04/16 :  23:06:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage
Said this already but in the interest of 'Keeping the forums alive' -

The album looks fantastically varied, the scott brown CD being much less an artist showcase than the MOB disc on the first one. Not that an SB showcase would be any bad thing.

I'm looking forward to hearing heavyweight a second time around, it seemed to come at an odd point and I reckon it got missed a bit for some reason. Any Michael Mansion stuff is also greatly received.

And unless TBC fails, there's not even a suggestion of any red cup parties either, great stuff :)

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2017/04/16 :  23:30:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage
Out with the old....

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2017/04/17 :  04:07:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage
Back in the day, Scott Brown was one of the absolute worst for ramming compilation mixes (e.g. Bonkers) full of his own tracks but I guess that goes against the whole HH/HU mandate, Shame, frankly. These days, the scene needs more of his music and sound.

This will be an instant purchase from me just for the Scott Brown disk. It's like you guys have intentionally gone for the polar opposite of MOB. And you won't find many people here complaining.

Viva la happy hardcore.

Edit: Actually, on second examination of that Scott Brown tracklist, I'm entirely unconvinced. There's a whole lot of remixes and tracks by generic modern hardcore artists on there (including some serious classics that I don't think I could bear to hear butchered by the likes of Ganar). It would just be depressing to hear a "Scott Brown mix" full of that stuff. I'll think on this some more.

Edited by - Elliott on 2017/04/17 04:11:51
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2017/04/17 :  06:29:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
Am I gonna fall for this stick again? I'm going to fall for this stick again :P

Elliott: From the looks of it, Scott mix looks less like a ego trip than his Bonkers mixes usually was (Most of them might be signed to Evolution, but still...). But it does look like it will be gabber-less compared to the Bonkers mixes :(

quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
Out with the old....

... and in with the older!

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Edited by - Samination on 2017/04/17 06:31:25
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2017/04/17 :  07:50:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
Shocking to see that 90% of the tracklist for the 2nd CD isn't all Scott Brown tracks, and for the better IMO. Nothing wrong with Scott Brown as a producer, but I got burnt out of his ego trip mixes on compilations pretty fast. Plus after what we had to put up with Mob's mix on the last one, it's great to see a variety on the 2nd disc.

Fracus & Darwin's mix will be great I'm sure, but Heavyweight for the 1st track? Love the track, but hoping it's noticeably different than the original rwmix other than an intro. The track is almost 2yrs old now and has already been on HU7 as well as been played out quite a bit I'm sure.

Edited by - latininxtc on 2017/04/17 07:50:55
Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2017/04/17 :  07:58:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage
You just wouldn't think that was a Scott Brown tracklist without already knowing it was him, would you.
When I have some more pennies in the next week or so I'll be looking at it.

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2017/04/17 :  09:48:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage
Plus System - This Is How We Do It (M-Project Remix) wets my taste buds. Hope I'll get to hear it

Rodz90
Average Member

United Kingdom
208 posts
Posted - 2017/04/17 :  09:52:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Rodz90's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:
Plus System - This Is How We Do It (M-Project Remix) wets my taste buds. Hope I'll get to hear it

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2017/04/17 :  14:46:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage
Pretty good shit

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2017/04/17 :  16:04:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage
am a tad skepticle of scott disc; but not really. lol.

kinda glad he switched it up; bought so much of his tracks this year ( due to him being one of the few doing anything) that i was worried it would be loads of already bought stuff.

Shame outforce had to go all powerstomp though; he made some great uk hardcore.

cant wait to see what Orbit1 cooks up though :D
need his name on more hardcore comps!

and why does nobody ever talk to Dowster & Vagabond?

they were/ have been silently busting pretty solid toons out for the last few years; and I never heard a peep from any other part of the hardcore scene. pretty dissapointing.

Edited by - trippnface on 2017/04/17 16:05:36
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2017/04/17 :  19:11:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
Sadly I doubt that orbit1 will bring something unique to the scene. Unless he's back to try proving Styles and Gammer wrong with their choices, who knows... but I rarelly liked Orbit1's track (he made much better stuff as The_Acolyte if you ask me).

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Chwhynny

United Kingdom
371 posts
Chwhynny is verified hardcore artist Chwhynny has attended 1 event
Posted - 2017/04/17 :  22:53:53  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Chwhynny's homepage
I just listened to the Scott Brown mix all the way through, and I have to say it's made me really happy. A great selection of tracks (and remixes!) that are true to Scott Brown's sound and vibe. I'm very impressed, and these days I am really hard to please.

For clips and information about my releases visit:

http://www.chwhynny.com

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2017/04/17 :  23:12:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage
Wow. How anti-climactic is that remix of This Is How We Do It?

I know M-Project is one of HH.com's protected producers (insert trademark symbol) so I'm going to get flak for this but it's a lazy remix. All I'm hearing is the original track with a modern kick/bass combo prefixed with a fairly nice new breakdown. The endless remixes of You're Shining and You're My Angel had more originality than this. On the plus side, even the lead sounds very similar to the original so at least it's not 2017-core bad. In fact, it's not bad at all. It's just needless. I'd prefer some new music that sounds like this rather than fan service remixes.

Outforce used to be good (I forgot his alias before that but he was producing some good stuff long before he was called Outforce). Andy Wilson's done a few sick bits over the years -- loved his Last Jungle remix. Actually, Ganar was quite good too several years ago, even if his tracks did all sound the same. It's cool to see Chexmixer get a collab with Stu Infinity. Chex is a good guy and Stu Infinity used to be one of the best fringe producers in the scene. But I'm using the past tense a lot; they've all moved on now. None of them are producing music that I want to hear anymore. Sadly, I predict the Scott Brown tracks are going to turn out to be quite modern in style to keep in tone with the rest of the mix. Overall, this is really quite an uninspiring tracklist.

I'm sticking with what I said before. In the Bonkers days, when Scott Brown chose to exclusively showcase his own music, it could be frustrating because there was so much good stuff out there to choose from (even though SB was making enough bangers to fill his disks, in his defence). These days, when most other hardcore is shite, an SB-only disk would be a blessing. And I have extreme reservations about him being brought in to do a disk with people like Outforce and Ganar featured prominently. It'd be like bringing Trixxy out of retirement to do a UK hardcore disk. I just hope this isn't the beginning of the end of SB.

Dowster & Vagabond sank without trace it seems. A real shame. They were quietly working away churning out good hardcore. I think they learnt firsthand how difficult it is to keep producing a style that the scene has moved away from. They got no play or support from the wider scene at all, which is exactly the stuff that forces everyone to produce homogenous, generic music and/or abandon their principles if they want to continue making hardcore as anything other than a hobby.

Conversely, with the Orbit1 return, I've learnt to expect nothing from returning producers. In fact, it was a pleasant surprise when Dowster & Vagabond started coming out with a very traditional brand of UK hardcore. Most returning producers just seem to come back and slot in with the zeitgeist. Like the other names in my post, Orbit1 was good at one point, under both aliases, but there's a recurring theme here. I reckon he's going to half-commit to a more modern style and end up satisfying no-one. We've seen that before.

Never thought I'd write such a doom-and-gloomy post on a Scott Brown compilation CD. It's a sign of the times, I suppose.

Chwhynny

United Kingdom
371 posts
Chwhynny is verified hardcore artist Chwhynny has attended 1 event
Posted - 2017/04/17 :  23:15:45  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Chwhynny's homepage
You were wrong last time, dude. And you're wrong again. The Scott Brown tracks are very true to his sound.

For clips and information about my releases visit:

http://www.chwhynny.com

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 13 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 9  10  11  12  13
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.75 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page